Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No my Treo Pros were free. The scam artists selling the 1.03 are not selling them for cheaper anyway.

My point is the rip off guys on Ebay would cause the average person to lose $50 of their time in getting a reflash.

The person has to contact Sprint, find one of the increasing fewer stores that does this erivce, drive there, park there, wait in line, get a flash, go back. This is a couple of hours of time for almost everyone

I gues it would be more like $30 of your time if you work at mcdonalds, but for most peopel it is a needless expense since the 1.04 are selling for the same prioce
    You seem rather obsessed with the whole 03 vs 04 supposed Ebay disaster? you HAVE to throw your 2 cents in everywhere related to the subject.

Your even now are quoting the dollars people are "wasting" on any upgrade? you have No clue want people are spending if anything on any upgrade (thats if they want to upgrade?)

I think everyone knows your opinion and I am sure as consumers we can make up our own minds with all the information already supplied in this forum and others about the situation

You need a new "cause" maybe "save the whales" instead of "saving all the Ebay Treo pro buyers"
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Your even now are quoting the dollars people are "wasting" on any upgrade?
    Your point is strange. What I was pointing to is the real cost in time.

I was pointing to the fact that 1.04 on ebay is the same price as the the 1.03 and that people will have to spend +/-$50 of their time to get an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    How can you put a monetary value on anyone's time. .
    It is an estimate, for some people it will be more. I don't know why you are so negative against the people who got the 1.03 -- it wasn't their fault, it was the ebayers.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Your point is strange. What I was pointing to is the real cost in time.

I was pointing to the fact that 1.04 on ebay is the same price as the the 1.03 and that people will have to spend +/-$50 of their time to get an upgrade.

It is an estimate, for some people it will be more. I don't know why you are so negative against the people who got the 1.03 -- it wasn't their fault, it was the ebayers.
    Maybe there is NO time as they were already in the mall etc, while the phone is being flashed.

At least by your stds i would only waste $30-50 in time getting my phone flashed ,you on the other hand , how much time have you wasted with your obsession? 20-40 hours minimum typing away here, do you work? tell us how much money you have spent on this cause to save the "Ebay treo pro buyers"?
    Maybe there is NO time as they were already in the mall etc, while the phone is being flashed.

At least by your stds i would only waste $30-50 in time getting my phone flashed ,you on the other hand , how much time have you wasted with your obsession? 20-40 hours minimum typing away here, do you work? tell us how much money you have spent on this cause to save the "Ebay treo pro buyers"?
    That is a good point. We should count up all of the posts and try to figure out how much money it cost him to type them all out. I'm going to guess that at a minimum it's more then it 'costs' us to upgrade to 1.04.
    I'd like you guys to back off on the personal insults please.

I for one, still want to get to the bottom of the 'Flagged' concern.

Flashing a 1.03 to a 1.04 doesn't change the 'Flagged SN's'

But we already have a thread for that,
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...y-flagged.html
    so I won't talk anymore about that in this thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'd like you guys to back off on the personal insults please.

I for one, still want to get to the bottom of the 'Flagged' concern.

Flashing a 1.03 to a 1.04 doesn't change the 'Flagged SN's'

But we already have a thread for that,
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...y-flagged.html
    so I won't talk anymore about that in this thread.
    Hear, hear!!!!

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Bump

Turns out stores (service centers) that have ICSS available should have the ROM update for 1.04. Many service people might not know it is even in there and there is no regular, standalone Palm flasher available i.e. you have to use that program.

I'm looking into what exactly is in ICSS and what those files look like...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Bump

Turns out stores (service centers) that have ICSS available should have the ROM update for 1.04. Many service people might not know it is even in there and there is no regular, standalone Palm flasher available i.e. you have to use that program.

Thanks for the info. The Sprint techs at the store in my area (6th Ave. in NYC) told me that they would be very happy to help me if they just knew or could find what I needed. They told me that they only knew of the Palm public and vendor site, and that they had special laptops used for flashing - but had nothing for the Treo Pro on any of them. If you can find it, I'll print it out and bring it in to them lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    If you can find it, I'll print it out and bring it in to them lol.
    Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure now.

What I know is ICSS is proprietary for Sprint, it often needs to be plugged in to a serial device and have the USB for the phone and that it needs internet. I'm thinking that perhaps in the program there is a way to lookup or grab these files but they are not just "on" the machine.

Also trying to see if we grab the files for ourselves to see if they are of any use.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure now.

What I know is ICSS is proprietary for Sprint, it often needs to be plugged in to a serial device and have the USB for the phone and that it needs internet. I'm thinking that perhaps in the program there is a way to lookup or grab these files but they are not just "on" the machine.

Also trying to see if we grab the files for ourselves to see if they are of any use.
    I think I saw something like this in the movie National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. One scene one of the bad guys cloned Jon Voights phone. Pretty cool technology.

Last edited by ivhs72; 05/01/2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I think I saw something like this in the movie Nation Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. One scene one of the bad guys cloned Jon Voights phone. Pretty cool technology.

hehe..."Bourne Supremacy" had it too, but it was a SIM cloner. God I love that series.

Bump

This is some very good news.

Thanks so much for that.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    My experience locally from 1 large store and one smaller service center which i have a good relationship with? (NYstate& NNJ)

Both do not have the flash both have reseached it via sprint and palm and there is not flash upgrade "yet"

i actually had to show them there was 2 versions, but both offered to switch is i was having issues.
    My experience locally from 1 large store and one smaller service center which i have a good relationship with? (NYstate& NNJ)

Both do not have the flash both have reseached it via sprint and palm and there is not flash upgrade "yet"

i actually had to show them there was 2 versions, but both offered to switch is i was having issues.
    I had the same exact experience. I live in NNJ and work in lower Manhattan, and while the tech guys were very helpful, and tried the best they could, they said that it wasn't available.

If anyone finds a store that can do this in the New York - metro area, let me know!
    Hmmm. Notice how none of these accounts of a 1.04 update in the wild have been corroborated by others? I see similar things sprinkled in other threads and even on other forums.

Are these statements all just plants by unscrupulous eBay 1.03 sellers?

If 1.04 was actually out there, these boards would be on fire. The 1.04 update posts remind me of those scummy TV advertisements for "natural male enhancement." If it really worked, you wouldn't have to advertise, would you?
    Sounds like you have already wasted your time calling several stores and Sprint right?

you could have bought 1.04 for the same price on ebay as the 1.03

How is the checking of many stores you claim add up to "no time."?
    Sounds like you have already wasted your time calling several stores and Sprint right?

Quote Originally Posted by jvalentinus View Post
    Hmmm. Notice how none of these accounts of a 1.04 update in the wild have been corroborated by others? I see similar things sprinkled in other threads and even on other forums.

Are these statements all just plants by unscrupulous eBay 1.03 sellers?

If 1.04 was actually out there, these boards would be on fire. The 1.04 update posts remind me of those scummy TV advertisements for "natural male enhancement." If it really worked, you wouldn't have to advertise, would you?
    I don't think it's that. I confirmed via some inside Sprint sources that there is an upgrade, it's just not a Windows/flashable type but uses ICSS.

Now why stores are reporting they don't have this/why it is so hard to find, I have no idea--I'm trying to find out more info, including grabbing the files (though I don't think we can use them).

Sounds like you wasted your time creating yet another irroneous post that helps nobody. Congratulations.
    I purchased a STP off Ebay last month and it turns out that it's version 1.03. Although I've had some problems with the phone (e.g., missing calls, delayed texts, etc.), from what I've read, those problems are not because of the fact that I have the "recalled" version of the phone.

But, I decided to call Sprint tech-support today to see if I could get some of my issues resolved. Of course when they did testing (i.e., sending texts, calling me) almost everything worked fine. But, one of the calls went straight to voicemail and I received no notification of a missed call. That was "good," because it allowed me to continue with the troubleshooting process. I was then transferred to advance tech-support.

The rep did some more troubleshooting, and all diagnostic testing worked fine -- of course. But, I told her, in a "by the way" manner, that I think I might have the old firmware on my phone. I asked her what I should have, and she of course responded with "1.04." Knowing full well that this "issue" couldn't be resolved over the phone, I asked her how I could get the new software, to which she responded that I could download it from Palm's site. From reading this board, I immediately knew that her information was incorrect. So, I casually asked her to navigate the site with me and point me in the right direction. Of course, she couldn't find the software update.

She concluded [incorrectly, in my opinion] that my issues were due to the fact that I had the "old" software (i.e., recalled phone). She said that they could send out a new handset with the proper software. So, it's being shipped today and should be here in a couple days.

I don't know if I just got "lucky," or whether the climate at Sprint regarding this issue has changed, but I've got a new, up-to-date handset on the way, for free.

On a somewhat tangential matter: If I do a Sprite back-up with my current phone onto my memory card, can I just upload the back-up onto the new handset?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast