1.    #1  
    I had 800w and moved to Touch pro and now have treo pro. I feel as if the reception was better on 800w then the Pro and Touch Pro. Any inputs?
    Don't believe the meter. Every place I had reception with my 800w I have reception with my Treo Pro. Even in the basement where I only get 1 bar on my 800w it still works fine with my Treo Pro.

There is also a thread on this already here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...gnal-poor.html
    The reception is better on my Pros for certain. I have had several 800w, (still have one) and two Treo Pro.

Because I have an airave I am able to test them side by side. I have done so on multiple occasions. If I walk away from my airave I drop slightly earlier on my 800w than I do on my Treo Pro. The 800w has what I now know to be inflated signal bars reporting

I also think that people are mistaking a known bug in the 800w EVDO/1x icon for better EVDO when it is simply that it has a broken feature. For example when you are on a call or sending a text you cannot get EVDO on any Sprint phone. The Treo Pro accurately shows this and you will see the EVDO/1x icon toggle to 1x. The 800w has a bug and doesn't not do this in a timely way. I think this is a lot of the root of people saying they were seeing more shift to 1x on their Pros.

It ia an absolute certainty that at least two other radios, WIFI and GPS are much better on the Pro. I think the reception and software integration for signal use is simply better and more advanced on the Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Don't believe the meter. Every place I had reception with my 800w I have reception with my Treo Pro. Even in the basement where I only get 1 bar on my 800w it still works fine with my Treo Pro.

There is also a thread on this already here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...gnal-poor.html
    Agreed. Interestingly a number of the people reporting poorer signal were users of the recalled Treo Pros with the 1.03 software! It is entirely possible that this was one of the fixes on the 1.04 software since Sprint does pay particular attention to reception optimization.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
    I had 800w and moved to Touch pro and now have treo pro. I feel as if the reception was better on 800w then the Pro and Touch Pro. Any inputs?
    For voice I haven't noticed any difference (when at 1x); for data the 800w holds onto an EV signal better than the Treo Pro from my experience, whereas the Pro will hop into roam faster

I wouldn't consider it a drastic difference but it is something I notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Interestingly a number of the people reporting poorer signal were users of the recalled Treo Pros with the 1.03 software! It is entirely possible that this was one of the fixes on the 1.04 software since Sprint does pay particular attention to reception optimization.
    This would show up in the version of the radio software if there were a difference. I have seen no data or poll results to suggest that 1.03 users see this more, nor any evidence that there is a radio stack or hardware difference between 1.03 and 1.04.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    This would show up in the version of the radio software if there were a difference. I have seen no data or poll results to suggest that 1.03 users see this more, nor any evidence that there is a radio stack or hardware difference between 1.03 and 1.04.
    Ironically you claimed worse reception and had the 1.03.

That was my point, the trend is the people saying so mostly seem to have 1.03
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Ironically you claimed worse reception and had the 1.03.

That was my point, the trend is the people saying so mostly seem to have 1.03
    I have a 1.04

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I have a 1.04
    What is funny is when I do a walk away test on airave with 1.03 it is worse than 1.04!

No question better voice, data ,wifi and GPS reception on the Pro. A lot of us are noting this.
    Last edited by aero; 04/28/2009 at 11:00 AM.