Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Sprint has done a hard reset on my phone because it was not working properly.
    now, here is the weird part, why is it that my phone automatically connects to the internet (using the sprint network, BTW wi-fi is always off)???
    I have never set-up an e-mail through my phone.
    what could it be?
    how can I solve this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ens04 View Post
    Sprint has done a hard reset on my phone because it was not working properly.
    now, here is the weird part, why is it that my phone automatically connects to the internet (using the sprint network, BTW wi-fi is always off)???
    I have never set-up an e-mail through my phone.
    what could it be?
    how can I solve this problem?
    • How often does it happen?
    • Not running IE or any internet apps?
    • What's in your Task Manager (hold "Ok")

I mean sometimes it does this when updating the profile for the device, which is a Sprint configuration system--but other than that one or two times, it should not happen

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    How often does it happen?
    at least twice a day

Not running IE or any internet apps?
    nope, i always turn off all internet apps.

What's in your Task Manager (hold "Ok")
    i always "End All Tasks" in my task manager. so nothing is there except Task Manager & on rare occasions ActiveSync is on there but its weird because I never(and I mean never) use the program ActiveSync
    at least twice a day

i always "End All Tasks" in my task manager. so nothing is there except Task Manager & on rare occasions ActiveSync is on there but its weird because I never(and I mean never) use the program ActiveSync
    ActiveSync sounds like the culprit, although I don't know why it would be trying to sync if you've never set it up to do so...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    at least twice a day

Hmmm...

Maybe there is something starting up under \Windows\StartUp that is running; likewise you may want to try a processes viewer--sometimes those run in the background and won't show up under th Task Manager (MemMaid has a nice one).

Finally, to kill ActiveSync, you can try this though I don't how it works myself...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter