Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a clue if the screen can be turned off during a call? I think this eats away @ the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessef View Post
    Does anyone have a clue if the screen can be turned off during a call? I think this eats away @ the battery life.
    it does drain the battery

to turn it off, use "BlackMe"--just assign it to a key in Settings and when you take a call, click it on. No systematic way to do so without 3rd party assistance. PhoneAlarm can also do this automatically, but it's more than just a screen blanker...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Handy utility, thanks.
    bump

Found an even more elegant way to do this without BlackMe's "dialog screen" being there.

This goes back again to Cellneuron's thread on the 750 (lots of neat tricks there). Use it with Cody's side-button cab for super easy access.

Funny, this actually didn't work on the Treo 750 due to Palm's setup but works fine on the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    I attached the suspend.exe from PHM, you can put it anywhere, make a shortcut to \windows\start menu\programs, and assign it to a hardware button, I used the side hold.

When the call end, the unit will power on itself. You can use any green button to power on the treo 750 during a call.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 05/02/2009 at 11:19 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    By the way, I just figured out that this is built into psShutXP (soft-reset app) which I always install.

It installs a "Display Switch" shortcut under Programs which toggles the backlight, you can assign it to a side-button as well.