Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy47
    Can we get a rom dump for;

Alltel

Sprint

Bell

TELUS

Juicy47 is one of the fine ROM cooks, known for some fabulous CDMA Touch Diamond and Touch Pro ROMs.

Give the man what he wants. An Alltel and a Sprint person have already chimed in to offer ROM dumps. (But it would not hurt if more than one person offered, just in case the first volunteers can't get them to him in a timely fashion.) Treo Pro owners with Bell and TELUS are still needed.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    So after doing this we can get some cook ROM?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

Juicy47 is one of the fine ROM cooks, known for some fabulous CDMA Touch Diamond and Touch Pro ROMs.

Give the man what he wants. An Alltel and a Sprint person have already chimed in to offer ROM dumps. (But it would not hurt if more than one person offered, just in case the first volunteers can't get them to him in a timely fashion.) Treo Pro owners with Bell and TELUS are still needed.
    At least it will solve an issue for flash savvy 1.03 owners!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    So after doing this we can get some cook ROM?
    I can't say for certain what Juicy47 might be up to. I'll just say he makes some of the absolute best CDMA Touch Pro ROMs that are in existence.

Once I finish refreshing my mind on how to use SASHIMI I will likely be playing with his latest Touch Pro ROM a little.

Basically, what can happen when one of the best ROM cooks want a ROM dump from your device? I think anything is possible .

I'll also mention, I've noticed at least one other CDMA ROM cook poking around for a CDMA Treo Pro ROM.

I think you guys have some goodies coming. It appears the ROM cooks are looking for a new challenge .
    It would only make sense that its possible to flash the Treo Pro. We all remember the tri-color unlocker screen when it was posted on engadget, phonescoop and others a few months ago. Pretty cool stuff coming for the Pro maybe.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    He could be trying to cook a Treo Pro rom, or he could be looking to just rip the customizations off of it for the Diamond or Touch Pro.

From what I've heard, the biggest hurtle is unlocking the device, and it's nearly impossible to do it until atleast 1 update is released by Palm or Sprint...they use that software as a vehicle for their custom roms.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    He could be trying to cook a Treo Pro rom, or he could be looking to just rip the customizations off of it for the Diamond or Touch Pro.
    What customizations are on the CDMA Treo Pro that a Touch Pro/Diamond owner would want?

I think they're looking to give more than take. There's a whole lot Treo Pro folks have been requesting to have from the Touch Pro/Diamond.

If anybody can unlock the CDMA Treo Pro, the folks currently eying it up can. It's certainly NOT impossible.

And what sense would it make to request a ROM from every North American CDMA Treo Pro carrier if its simply an effort to take and put it on the Touch Pro/Diamond? He's asking for the various Treo Pro ROMs so something can be made for them that is compatible with them all. Don't be so pessimistic, this is good for you guys.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    What customizations are on the CDMA Treo Pro that a Touch Pro/Diamond owner would want?
    a real keyboard lol
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    a real keyboard lol
    Uh, got it on the slide and it's bigger than yours .

(And anybody with a Diamond didn't want a hard keyboard.)
    If Juicy is on the case you guys are in real good hands. A guy on ppc geeks has already put up a $1000 bounty on Mighty Mikes head to cook up a rom lol. But these guys don't do it for the money, they truly enjoy helping users. But if a cooked rom is coming for the Treo Pro that would be impressive as they really don't have to do it.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Thanks for the heads up. Might be a bit premature to celebrate, but sounds promising. Maybe we'll be able to reclaim some free memory for the Treo Pro.

Yeah I saw that 1k bounty posted, good luck collecting on that...
    I think a 6.5 Rom would be nice. I am enjoying it on my Touch Pro. I would like to see it my Treo Pro.
    And to think just 3 yrs ago we only had to offer a Burrito.

Only TC old timers might get the ^ joke
    Just call me Berd.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    If Juicy is on the case you guys are in real good hands. A guy on ppc geeks has already put up a $1000 bounty on Mighty Mikes head to cook up a rom lol. But these guys don't do it for the money, they truly enjoy helping users. But if a cooked rom is coming for the Treo Pro that would be impressive as they really don't have to do it.
    I was thinking once of suggesting folks here ship MightyMike a free CDMA Treo Pro. I mean, he probably would not be able to resist doing something with it .

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Might be a bit premature to celebrate, but sounds promising. Maybe we'll be able to reclaim some free memory for the Treo Pro.

Yeah I saw that 1k bounty posted, good luck collecting on that...
    And once you make that TF3D port for the Treo Pro, I'm sure it will be in some future customized ROMs .

The really good thing is, that you guys have some of the best looking to do something with the CDMA Treo Pro. I'm sure something of benefit will eventually come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I think a 6.5 Rom would be nice. I am enjoying it on my Touch Pro. I would like to see it my Treo Pro.
    I'm using MightyROM 5 and I noticed when appointment notifications pop up, if I have a phone number anywhere in the appointment details, an option to call that number shows up with the reminder notification. Pretty cool. Do you know if that's a WM 6.5 thing or a Rhodium notifications thing? I know MightyMike did incorporate the Rhodium notifications into MR5, but I have not tried any other WM 6.5 ROMs yet.
    Nah he stated that he is looking to get the Treo Pro as a back up device for himself. He was also asking for some feedback on it. If Juicy or MightyMike gets their hands on this thing
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I hope that someone can strip all of the BS off of the Pro rom and give us some more free available memory. I've heard that stripping the new Internet Explorer would help a lot. I've used both Juicy's and Mighty Mike's roms for my Touch Diamond, and have been very happy with them.
    I hope that someone can strip all of the BS off of the Pro rom and give us some more free available memory.
    More of an issue with the 1.03 than the 1.04 but it will help everyone.
    did we get a hard spl?
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    More of an issue with the 1.03 than the 1.04 but it will help everyone.
    lol....there's a 1-2MB difference in both versions...at most. I'd like to see a 10-15MB reduction.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    did we get a hard spl?
    Not yet. But finally perhaps enough of the right people are talking about the Treo Pro to possibly make it happen.

And even without a Hard SPL, some goodies might be things that can be transferred to the Treo Pro via resizing and making a CAB.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast