Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Still gotta cross that hurdle of unlocking, but at least we may have someone with very good experience at building roms on board.
    Mal is their also another step or piece of the puzzle that is needed to reduce chance of bricking? I recall somewhere reading about that (maybe ppc or xda?).

Also if there was an .exe developed to facilitate easy flash of the 1.03 to 1.04 do you think some mechanism for unlocking might pried out of the .exe? If so we should try and get that .exe
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Flashing turns into an Addiction real quick.

Pretty soon, nobody can get ahold of you, because you're constantly dinking around with your rom.

'We're sorry, but the party you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.'
    It can be addictive, but wow it sounds like you were a super addict . I can flash and have all my apps reinstalled with things fully reconfigured in less than 2 hours. And it only takes that long because I'm usually doing other stuff during that time. But the flash and reinstall of applications using Sashimi takes literally less than 30 minutes. Sashimi is the real game changer, because it makes flashing and getting thing recustomized quick and easy. I spend more time doing things like finding my BT devices and getting them repaired after flashing than time spent installing things back the way I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If Mike or Starman get ahold a Treo Pro ROM and work their magic, look out.

The R3BORN ROM I am using is WM 6.1 based. Darnell is using a WM 6.5 base. Both are very stable, offer really cool perks, have better battery life and much more.
    Yea, I'm running StarROM 1.7m and it's sweet. Here's the ROMs I've run on my Touch Pro so far:
    • MightROM 4.15 - GREAT
    • MightyROM 4.16 - GREAT
    • MightROM 5 (first release) - Good, some transitioning to WM 6.5
    • Juicy 7 (090429H) - Good, but not being able to dial from the TF3D2 Manila was not cool.
    • StarROM 1.6 - GREAT, TF3D2, able to call from the TF3D2 (Rhodium) Manila with no problems, WM 6.5, fast, stable, all that and a bag of chips.
    • StarROM 1.7m - GREAT, all that StarROM 1.6 was and even better.

Starmans (maker of StarROM) claims he's got another release coming with some minor fixes, but heck I can't find a bug on 1.7m.

Bottom line, while the latest Sprint Stock ROM is a good stable ROM, it's got nothing on what the ROM cooks are doing. I never plan to see the stock ROM ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If so we should try and get that .exe
    I expect it to appear within a few days at most ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Good one jac6695
    I have a Sprint Diamond, Sprint Touch Pro and the Treo Pro (yes, yes I do have a problem). I run Mighty ROMs on both of my HTC devices but I like the Treo form factor more. You have no idea what a great device is until you run a Mighty ROM!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It can be addictive, but wow it sounds like you were a super addict . I can flash and have all my apps reinstalled with things fully reconfigured in less than 2 hours. And it only takes that long because I'm usually doing other stuff during that time. But the flash and reinstall of applications using Sashimi takes literally less than 30 minutes. Sashimi is the real game changer, because it makes flashing and getting thing recustomized quick and easy. I spend more time doing things like finding my BT devices and getting them repaired after flashing than time spent installing things back the way I want them.

Yea, I'm running StarROM 1.7m and it's sweet. Here's the ROMs I've run on my Touch Pro so far:
    • MightROM 4.15 - GREAT
    • MightyROM 4.16 - GREAT
    • MightROM 5 (first release) - Good, some transitioning to WM 6.5
    • Juicy 7 (090429H) - Good, but not being able to dial from the TF3D2 Manila was not cool.
    • StarROM 1.6 - GREAT, TF3D2, able to call from the TF3D2 (Rhodium) Manila with no problems, WM 6.5, fast, stable, all that and a bag of chips.
    • StarROM 1.7m - GREAT, all that StarROM 1.6 was and even better.

Starmans (maker of StarROM) claims he's got another release coming with some minor fixes, but heck I can't find a bug on 1.7m.

Bottom line, while the latest Sprint Stock ROM is a good stable ROM, it's got nothing on what the ROM cooks are doing. I never plan to see the stock ROM ever again.
    Damn mad i didn't try Star's rom before i got rid of the Touch Pro. But i'll patiently wait for the TP2.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Right now I'm not sure what post this is B/C i have 4 Treo Pro's & I want the 6.5 ROM & I don't have a Touch Pro anymore. So where am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Right now I'm not sure what post this is B/C i have 4 Treo Pro's & I want the 6.5 ROM & I don't have a Touch Pro anymore. So where am I?
    With us, waiting and hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Juicy47 is one of the fine ROM cooks, known for some fabulous CDMA Touch Diamond and Touch Pro ROMs.

Give the man what he wants. An Alltel and a Sprint person have already chimed in to offer ROM dumps. (But it would not hurt if more than one person offered, just in case the first volunteers can't get them to him in a timely fashion.) Treo Pro owners with Bell and TELUS are still needed.
    I'm on a TELUS Treo Pro and posted in the PPC geeks forum about 2 weeks ago offering to upload the ROM, though asking a couple of questions but got no reply.

Had downloaded dumpROM to grab a copy off the phone, but had no clue how to actually use it. Googled a bit but got tired of not finding much, wanted to know if anyone here had any advice? Also, who's the best person/people to get that ROM file to?

Thanks - and can't wait to see some WM6.5 mayhem on this thing .
    Yup still waiting & not complaining. I don't know how long I'll keep my Pro's B/C these WM I like 7 with a rubber boots they even stay clean.
  11.    #51  
    I really hope someone can produce a Hard SPL for the Treo Pro soon. Honestly, I was thinking it would have happend already once MightyMike got one. I figured him and Juicy47 would be able to get someone to come up with it quickly.

Today, I flashed my Touch Pro to Merdin's ROM. (Once you start flashing, you can't really stop . But I flash in moderation, I'm just a social flasher . I'm not a flash-a-holic, really . I only flash about once every week or 2 . )

Merdin's ROM is very nice from what I've seen so far. Like StarROM 1.7m, but nicer graphics and several neat applications not on StarROM. Merdin's ROM runs with a 20MB pagepool and seems to do well with that.

I'm hoping Palm didn't make things so hard to crack that they leave people who desire to further customize the device frustraited.
    Whatever happened with this effort? Did it die? I was hoping that we would start to see something after getting the 1.04 upgrade rom. This thread has been silent for weeks though.
    yeah, very strange
  14.    #54  
    I've been assuming the silence means the ROM cooks are putting something together. Which I really hope proves to be the case. Seems if something was still missing that they would have said something.

I think I (who has no Treo Pro) want you guys to have custom ROMs more than some of you who own Treo Pros .

And after seeing this comment today, I especially want you guys to get some:
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Cody,

It is not your apps. The Treo Pro, while I love it, is buggy and locks up occassionally.

I'm pretty sure it's related to Wi-fi switching (connecting/disconnecting).

This device needs a rom update. This is EXACTLY these phones should be unlocked and customized via roms, as this problem would have been found and fixed.
    No sense that Treo Pros should be locking up with all the power the device has. If my Touch Pro powering a big screen is not having lock ups (and it does not), the Treo Pro with a smaller screen should be stable and faster.

I already checked here, PPCGeeks and XDA all earlier this morning hoping for news. Still nothing yet.
    I have been curious about the silence as well. I figured with the release of the 1.04 update file the threads both here and ppcgeeks would be going crazy, but nothing.
    I'm on the fence of whether to stick with my Diamond or switch to a Treo Pro precisely because there aren't any custom ROMs available yet. I have my fingers crossed
    Well the Pre is out & that episode will calm down while everyone plays with it so now maybe the time that our ROM will get developed. Thought about going to a Pre but a friend explained it to me & I decided to stick w/my Pro's. Maybe it's our turn to get impatient for something new for ourselves this time (hint-hint).
    NightRaven is working on this if anyone is interested.

So far no success but at least they are building WM6.5 ROM.s. For those who are interested in participating, hop over here to lend a hand.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/12/2009 at 05:59 PM.

that link is not working for me
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    that link is not working for me
    link is fine, it's the site that isn't

XDA is having some hiccups now and should be back in a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast