Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I recently got my Sprint Treo Pro.
    With my 800w, there were some updates from Palm and Microsoft I had to install.
    Are there any I have to install for my STP?
    Also, has anyone seen the problem that some had on the 800w, that often, an alert poped up when trying to send mail that it couldn't be sent?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Also, has anyone seen the problem that some had on the 800w, that often, an alert poped up when trying to send mail that it couldn't be sent?
    No updates to the core unit. There may be some PRL updates that you can install yourself from the Start>System menu (I had one tonight, 60652). I've tried the Window update from the same screen, always have been none available.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    The 800w went though many iterations and substantive changes before launch and two items advertised were left off the final first launch (voice command and standalone GPS) and one serious bug (USB charging bug) turned up immediately. Palm issued updates for the voice command problem and the charging problem.

No such problems have presented on the Pro which was checked out more thoroughly. So no updates yet.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Wasn't there a WM bug with sending out email, that Microsoft released a patch for?
    Unless that's included in the ROM...
    Wasn't there a WM bug with sending out email, that Microsoft released a patch for?
    No, there has been absolutely no updates released for the Sprint Treo Pro to date.
    Yes, that is a different bug, not device specific ,but a general windows mobile bug a having to do with defaulting to secondary smtp (sending server) if you had difficulty with your primary smtp. the problem was if you had no ip settings on that secondary server the first time you failed at an smtp of your primary you could no longer send properly.

I have not had the problem with the Pro on this that the 800w had so it maybe fixed. I think MS issued a patch in 11/08 so whether it made it onto the sprint Treo Pro I am not sure.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I cant think of any update from Palm, but you might wanna check the sticky here about some useful sticky update. It is useful.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I cant think of any update from Palm, but you might wanna check the sticky here about some useful sticky update. It is useful.
    You might want to wash your hands after applying those.