Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I need to be able to get push email from Gmail and Google Apps accounts.
    What would be the best program for this?
    Thanks!
    Have you tried getting a 'hosted' exchange email acct and then adding 'email aggregation' (gmail acct) to it? I did this with my mail2web hosted exchange acct and only pay about $6/mo and have aggrgated to it my bellsouth, hotmail and other IMAP accts to my personal exchange email. works likacharm!
    OTOH Gmail is free. Is there no decent GMail client for WM?
    Sure - have you looked at FlexMail?
    FlexMail does do push IMAP. It's also buggy and slow. I bought it and uninstalled it. I decided a 15 minute sync schedule was better than having a crashing phone that loses battery power as fast as it loses all my email.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I just set up an account with SEVEN beta. It's push email for Gmail/Hotmail/etc. I just set it up last night so I can't speak to how stable/reliable it is or how it affects battery life, but I should have a better idea within the next few days. I have tested the email though and I get an alert only a few seconds after I send an email to myself, so it works pretty well.

SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program
    Does it deliver the message to your Outlook inbox or is this a whole separate program on the phone?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    It's another program you'll need to install on your phone and it will end up creating a "new" email account. It shows up on Windows just like any other account though. I just went in and deleted my other account so I don't have duplicate accounts now. I wasn't using Outlook before so I can't comment on how to setup an outlook account, you might want to create an account at SEVEN and look through the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I need to be able to get push email from Gmail and Google Apps accounts.
    What would be the best program for this?
    Thanks!
    Probably not the "best" option but an interesting one at least. Over at XDA a guy was developing an imap idle client (freeware) to do what you want. Looks like development stalled but some are still swearing by it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404515

There is also Emansio, which I used to use a different version of (when it was owned by the developer):

Emansio: Push E-mail for your windows mobile

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I was using this before, but I need to be able to use two accounts with Imap Idle. Now, I am testing Flexmail. I like the options, but it doesn't run to fast and neither does the phone, while it's running. But sp far it works...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    +1 for Seven. I really want to like Flexmail as it has a lot of nice features, but it's just too slow. Seven does what you need it to do. As a plus it will also sync your google calendar and contacts... but Google now offers that directly.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Does Seven give you the option to use multiple accounts, and keep the emails separate?
    And does it offer any of FlexMail's features?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    +1 for Seven. I really want to like Flexmail as it has a lot of nice features, but it's just too slow. Seven does what you need it to do. As a plus it will also sync your google calendar and contacts... but Google now offers that directly.
    You can turn that stuff off tho right?

Also I'm wondering if Seven will notify me if I get new mail in my "folders" in Gmail or only the Inbox. If it was only the Inbox it'd be fine, since that's how my phone works currently. So much stuff goes into my folders I'd rather not be notified about that stuff.

Has anyone compared Seven's solution vs. the IMAP Idle plugin for Outlook that Mal linked?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    FlexMail does do push IMAP. It's also buggy and slow. I bought it and uninstalled it. I decided a 15 minute sync schedule was better than having a crashing phone that loses battery power as fast as it loses all my email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    +1 for Seven. I really want to like Flexmail as it has a lot of nice features, but it's just too slow.
    +1.

Paid for Flexmail but stopped using it. Buggy even in latest beta, SLOW especially switching from different email accounts or emails to SMS, and difficult to list of people in email list. Flexmail has stupid way of listing one email address after another horizontally! Users need to keep on scrolling one character at a time horizontally just to to see who are in the list unlike Pocket Outlook listing list of people in email vertically.
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Does Seven give you the option to use multiple accounts, and keep the emails separate?
    And does it offer any of FlexMail's features?
    Yes. I'm running a Hotmail and a Gmail account and they appear seperately just as they would if they were set up through Windows. Also, you can configure the accounts seperately if you want the alerts to be different or only want one to sync at certain times during the day (such as a work account). It's been working excellent for me and no real noticeable battery loss from it.
    Another +1 for SEVEN. I have been using it since I got my 800w last summer and now on my Pro. SEVEN pushes my gmail for domain mail and my employers exchange mail to my treo via a outlook web interface. Keeps my appointments and contacts continuously synced as well. I see two accounts in outlook one for personal and one for work. Slick app/service.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You can turn that stuff off tho right?
    Absolutely, I'm deep into google, but I use google's direct sync through activesync/exchange. Seven will ask you if you want to sync your google cal and contacts, but you don't have to.

Also I'm wondering if Seven will notify me if I get new mail in my "folders" in Gmail or only the Inbox. If it was only the Inbox it'd be fine, since that's how my phone works currently. So much stuff goes into my folders I'd rather not be notified about that stuff.
    In Seven, you can choose for gmail what folders you want synced "Inbox only, custom, all but deleted and sent, or everything"
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Feature wise, I like Flexmail, but the first sync is very slow, and even the subsuquent syncs aren't too fast.
    I'll have to try Seven and see if it works.
    Do I have to uninstall Flexmail to try Seven?
    I find SEVEN works like a charm. Join their beta program. Simple, easy on the battery and mails come in instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    OTOH Gmail is free. Is there no decent GMail client for WM?
    Seven is horrible on my 800. It never recognized it during set up. My Gmail account sometimes disappears and battery life is even worse (on top of the already crappy battery life the 800 provides). Real pushmail is Microsoft Exchange. Just wish it was a lot cheaper.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast