Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did HTC put a built in youtube app on the Treo Pro so that you dont have to access you tube through the web browser? Or do you still have to go to the youtube website through the web browswer? Thanks.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I got the download for YouTube off their site and installed it. It works quite well.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

+1 It works great. Excellent 320x320 support, so no rotating freezy-ness.
  4.    #4  
    Great thanks, did you download it through your phones web browser or on PC? Also internal or storage card install?
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I d/l it using the web browser and installed internally.
    I downloaded it to my phone and installed it to my memory card, and it works fine off the memory card.

7.    #7  
    Ok thanks for the input.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Downloaded what? The one already loaded on the phone works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
    Downloaded what? The one already loaded on the phone works great.
    I didn't see a YouTube download on my phone. Where is it at?

yes the youtube PAML app comes installed, but i would recommend using the real youtube app from youtube. For some reason my phone as bricked TWICE after using the stock youtube app.. maybe its just by chance, but it happened both times after using the stock app.

The screen would go BLACK, even though you could tell it had power. it was like colored black, not black from no power. I would take the battery out and put it back in and nothing would load. So I had to do a hard reset. This has happened TWICE already. so first thing I did after second reset was installed real youtube app which i think works alot better anyways. Then I uninstalled the PALM app.

hope this helped somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I got the download for YouTube off their site and installed it. It works quite well.
    I'm assuming that this is a different one than came on the phone? I had a You Tube program preloaded on my phone when I got it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I didn't see a YouTube download on my phone. Where is it at?
    The Sprint Treo Pro has a You Tube program loaded on it, and somehow it uses Kinoma Free Player as an interface. I've tried it once, but it never loaded fully, but it didn't freeze my phone either. I don't know if the GSM version comes with that program.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The Sprint Treo Pro has a You Tube program loaded on it, and somehow it uses Kinoma Free Player as an interface. I've tried it once, but it never loaded fully, but it didn't freeze my phone either. I don't know if the GSM version comes with that program.

Yes this is what I have to works GREAT. Even has little section that tells you current bitrate and you can test your bandwidth. Kinoma FreePlay.
    Yeah the one that comes preloaded is simply a link to the youtube section in Kinoma Freeplay. The app that you download from their site is a standalone application.
    I never saw the preloaded YouTube application on the unlocked GSM version.

The Treo Pro original 'You Tube app' is called Streaming Media. Never used it as I have Kinoma Play.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    The one that came on my Alltel phone is the one that fires up the Kinoma FreePlay app. and it works beautifully. No hangups at all and the videos look and sound great.
  18.    #18  
    So there is one that comes with the phone? Its just not a dedicated app like the one you can download from the website? Is labeled youtube or is it a youtube function within another player?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I looked over youtub's web site but could not find the program could you tell me where to find it?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Yeah the one that comes preloaded is simply a link to the youtube section in Kinoma Freeplay. The app that you download from their site is a standalone application.
    I noticed that if you go into the Remove Programs section of the STP, you can remove the You Tube app. Interesting, I would have thought that it would have been put in ROM, but no, it's in memory. Makes it nice for updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast