Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I installed the DEMO of TOUCH COMMANDER on my 800W and then decided I didnt like it and uninstalled it.. Well, first the ACTIVE call was gone.. so I folled some directions I found to PIN and UNPIN touch commander and active call. now that is back...

HOWEVER, when I place or receive a call, the CALL IN PROGRESS box at the bottom (the one with the speaker and mute) doesnt come up.

HOW DO I GET THIS BACK??
    If a soft reset hasn't fixed it then a hard reset is in your future. Do a back up first.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    I installed the DEMO of TOUCH COMMANDER on my 800W and then decided I didnt like it and uninstalled it.. Well, first the ACTIVE call was gone.. so I folled some directions I found to PIN and UNPIN touch commander and active call. now that is back...

HOWEVER, when I place or receive a call, the CALL IN PROGRESS box at the bottom (the one with the speaker and mute) doesnt come up.

HOW DO I GET THIS BACK??
    hmmm...one way to have this screwed up is by having the Today Pluigins re-ordered incorrectly.

to be more specific: the Palm today screen plugin and menu keys also control the on-screen functions (voicemail, in call screen, etc.). these plugins are "hidden" from the user and are "pinned" to a permanent position in the plugin pecking order. if you installed something that bumped them, it results in this behavior (the in-call screen is now off the screen...do you see scroll bars when this happens?)

to see these plugins, use something like MemMaid or SKTools. They are called "Dial Lookup" and "Active Call" and should be numbers 2 and 4 (or 3) respectively.

edit: just re-read you post--so you already know about the pin/unpin thing and that IS what is screwed up, you need to put Active Call probably a bit higher. though a pain, try to follow the pecking order I suggested or just experiment till you get it right. the only thing wrong right now with your setup is the ordering of the Palm plugins...but this IS recoverable! ;-)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/26/2009 at 11:39 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    OK I got it all back by PINING ACTIVE CALL and DIAL LOOKUP and all works fine now.. other people said they had to do a hard reset to get it back but thats not the case...
    cool

yeah, this is a rare error that happens with some poorly coded programs

it's a weird experience but is recoverable...just take s a few dedicated minutes, plus you probably learned some of the inner workings of WM which is kinda neat

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    OK I got it all back by PINING ACTIVE CALL and DIAL LOOKUP and all works fine now.. other people said they had to do a hard reset to get it back but thats not the case...
    Yeah. Hard resets aren't the end all answer to every problem.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    Yeah. Hard resets aren't the end all answer to every problem.
    almost everyone who installed the program I did ended up doing a hard reset and then a sprite backup. I am glad I didnt have to do that.

is there a way to HIDE the two ACTIVE CALL and LOOKUP plugins so they are there but arent seen on the today setup menu? they werent there before...