Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I saw the latest video on the HTC Touch Pro 2.

It is a russian website. Best video so far :

Detailed HTC Touch Pro 2 review published

It is coming to T-mobile first to replace the Wing this summer. Why them and not Sprint?

I like the screen being centered.

Nice keyboard. Dont know about any 3.5mm jack yet.

Never like tilt and flip before, but there is something about the TP2.

I might jump ship from my Palm Pro. I just dont know why.

How about you?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

Nice keyboard. Dont know about any 3.5mm jack yet.
    Like the original Touch Pro, the Touch Pro 2 does not appear to have an on board 3.5mm jack. But like the original Touch Pro, the Touch Pro 2 will very likely work with the HTC connector, that is provided with every Touch Pro. It has a 3.5mm jack slot, a 2.5mm jack slot and a Mini USB headphone slot along with the charging port.
    Definitely no 3.5mm headphone jack. It's the same all-in-one mini-USB that is on the current Touch Pro. Specs for the Pro 2 are on HTC's website.

I'm keeping an eye on the Diamond 2. The Treo Pro has made me realize a larger screen and the ability to switch between portrait/landscape is more important to me than a hardware KB. I like the bigger, centered screen also, but the lack of a D-pad will be interesting as I've never used a phone w/o one. It all depends on how well the TF3D eliminates the need for it or if MS3.0 can be installed on it.

The Treo Pro also made me realize how nice a 3.5mm headphone jack is, but I think I can live without it.
    I'm keeping an eye on it too. Between the TP2, the Pre, the TG01 and whatever the latest iPhone is, it should be interesting, looking to change out by the end of the year.

I've sorta accepted the fact that I'll have to give up this form factor if I want the hottest stuff, or I'll have to keep more than one phone in rotation.
    I just wonder what the touch pro 2 has that is more advanced then the first one. After all, the touch pro has that acceletometer gyroscopic device, like the IPhone, but I wonder why they left out a 3.5mm stereo headset jack and why they decided to keep miniUSB adaptor instead of microUSB, since it was recently announced that microUSB will be the new 'uniform' standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I've sorta accepted the fact that I'll have to give up this form factor if I want the hottest stuff, or I'll have to keep more than one phone in rotation.
    It seems like it's a two-way street. In order for this form factor to keep up with the sleeker non-KB phones the KBs are getting smaller and more cramped. I think Palm did a tremendous job in making the Treo Pro so compact, yet still usuable and with a 1500mA battery to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    It seems like it's a two-way street. In order for this form factor to keep up with the sleeker non-KB phones the KBs are getting smaller and more cramped. I think Palm did a tremendous job in making the Treo Pro so compact, yet still usuable and with a 1500mA battery to boot.
    Agreed, it's always a compromise, and in terms of the thinness I think they did a great job.

Funny though, compared to the 800w, surface area on the Treo Pro (the area below the screen stretching to the bottom of the phone) is actually a bit bigger (longer and wider) than the 800w so I don't think the keyboard *needs* to be more cramped, I think it has more to do with shape and layout of the keys.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    HTC made the phone but i think the keyboard could have been bigger actually. Whats funny is that HTC is also coming out with a form factor like the Treo's in the upcoming months. I don't know if its a Touch Screen or not. I'm curious to know if this will cause a conflict with Palm and HTC as they would be directly competing and would cause palm to not hire them to make future Treo's. The two companies actually work well together though.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    I like that some of the Touch Pro 2 apps have been rolled out already through PPC Geeks and XDA. I know Darnell is running WM 6.5 and TP2 TouchFlo on his Touch Pro. I obviously won't be switching since this stuff is available for the version 1 Touch Pro. I may add a Treo Pro to my stable someday. The price is still dropping.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I like that some of the Touch Pro 2 apps have been rolled out already through PPC Geeks and XDA. I know Darnell is running WM 6.5 and TP2 TouchFlo on his Touch Pro. I obviously won't be switching since this stuff is available for the version 1 Touch Pro. I may add a Treo Pro to my stable someday. The price is still dropping.
    Ebay is your friend right now my friend. Just won a treo pro for $194.50. I'm deciding when it arrives if i should sell my Touch Pro and then get the Touch Pro2 or just update my Touch Pro to the windows 6.5 and TF3D 2 via ppc geeks mighty and juicy roms.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Ebay is your friend right now my friend. Just won a treo pro for $194.50. I'm deciding when it arrives if i should sell my Touch Pro and then get the Touch Pro2 or just update my Touch Pro to the windows 6.5 and TF3D 2 via ppc geeks mighty and juicy roms.
    Nice. Did you get the 1.04 firmware version?

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I know the Treo Pro has gotten real dirty cheap.

The Touch Pro 2 will be an expensive phone.

HTC is coming out with a Treo form factor? Where can I find this info?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I know the Treo Pro has gotten real dirty cheap.

The Touch Pro 2 will be an expensive phone.

HTC is coming out with a Treo form factor? Where can I find this info?
    HTC - Products - HTC Snap - Overview

It's a WM 6.1 Standard device - no touchscreen.

I'll be picking up a Touch Pro2, assuming I can get one with US 3G bands. The Treo Pro is a great device, but the bigger screen and full keyboard are too good to pass up.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    HTC - Products - HTC Snap - Overview

It's a WM 6.1 Standard device - no touchscreen.
    And the Sprint version is the HTC Cedar, which looks even more like the Treo Pro (see the top half), but yeah...this is more of a Q9c replacement than Treo Pro competitor. Too bad it looks to be lacking the Snaps awesome KB

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Nice. Did you get the 1.04 firmware version?
    Not too sure, i won it this morning. Waiting on delivery right now. But if i was a betting man i would i would say its the Rebel aka 1.03 version lol.

PS I'm not too sure how big you are on flashing roms but Mighty over at ppc geeks just came out with the 6.5 Rom with TF3D 2 from the Touch Pro 2 today. Thinking about flashing to it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Not too sure, i won it this morning. Waiting on delivery right now. But if i was a betting man i would i would say its the Rebel aka 1.03 version lol.

PS I'm not too sure how big you are on flashing roms but Mighty over at ppc geeks just came out with the 6.5 Rom with TF3D 2 from the Touch Pro 2 today. Thinking about flashing to it later.
    That is the one I was referring to and the one Darnell is using.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    And the Sprint version is the HTC Cedar, which looks even more like the Treo Pro (see the top half), but yeah...this is more of a Q9c replacement than Treo Pro competitor. Too bad it looks to be lacking the Snaps awesome KB
    Yeah and its a qvga screen was hoping that they would Treo form factor with a vga screen hopefully palm can get them to make a vga screen for the Treo in the future. Imagine that

That is the one I was referring to and the one Darnell is using.
    Oh ok gotcha, thats what now has me debating on whether to get the TP2 since i can just upgrade the rom. But that keyboard on the TP2 is a real killer and the slide action seems real firm no loose play in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I just wonder what the touch pro 2 has that is more advanced then the first one. After all, the touch pro has that acceletometer gyroscopic device, like the IPhone, but I wonder why they left out a 3.5mm stereo headset jack and why they decided to keep miniUSB adaptor instead of microUSB, since it was recently announced that microUSB will be the new 'uniform' standard.
    The Touch Pro 2 has a larger screen, newer TF3D interface, they claim it has better touch sensitivity out of the box, it has a better speaker phone, proximity sensor, tilt screen, improved soft qwerty, bigger improved hard qwerty, a larger battery and is promised to get a WM 6.5 upgrade.

I don't know why they didn't put the 3.5mm jack right on the thing, they should have.

They are sticking with miniUSB, because that's what is used by big players like RIM. MicroUSB was a "standard" for the few that announced they were on board with it, but I never saw HTC or RIM sign onto it at all, I never saw RIM or HTC ever claim a single time they'd ever use MicroUSB, ever. If RIM is the biggest fish and you want to grab their market, you make the transition easy. Not cluttered with new connections that require new power cables. The real uniform standard is what the mass of the market is using and that's MiniUSB. Unless RIM starts selling millions of a device that uses something else. It's like saying Betamax was the standard while everybody was buying VHS back in the day .
    The new MightyROM 5 does NOT have the TF3D-2 interface. It's using a modified original TF3D interface, with a few add on features that are from TF3D HD. All TF3D-2 ports are still too "beta" for a guy like MightyMike to put in his final release ROMs, he had a short beta ROM with it that he pulled days after posting it.

MightyMike makes ROMs that are very usable and very stable, TF3D-2 Ports for the original Touch Pro are not ready for final release yet, still too many bugs in them.

MightyROM 5 is nice though. WM 6.5 is good. But if you use MightyROM 5, set the ROM file's pagepool to 24MB before flashing to it if using TF3D, keep it at the default 16MB if using Titanium (WM 6.5 native interface).

I have not even installed Skyfire yet, because IE 8 that comes in MightyROM 5 plays most video sites well. It can't play ALL the video sites that Skyfire can, but enough for me at the moment. MightyROM 5 uses a newer version of flash.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast