Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 234
  1. #41  
    Is that the latest rumor we are going with?

    Just last night I saw the same shot with the date as Sep 23rd or something.

    I'm starting to think every forum should sandbox rumors (ie, launch dates not put out by the carrier) into their own little subforum. lol

    But it would be nice if the launch date is that close.

    Not sure if I'd want to go with the touch pro or touch pro2... mainly due to battery life issues.... interesting devices though...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Just last night I saw the same shot with the date as Sep 23rd or something.
    Well you've now contributed by mentioning this. So post the link to what you saw.

    BGR got the final Sprint Treo Pro launch date right .
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well you've now contributed by mentioning this. So post the link to what you saw.

    BGR got the final Sprint Treo Pro launch date right .
    After posting every other rumor BGR saw, they finally got the launch of the Treo Pro2 right as well. WOW... they are great reporters!!! I'd bet the bgr bloggers can guess when the HTC Touch Pro3 will release.

    Sprint’s HTC Touch Pro2 officially launching on September 8th, $349.99 : Boy Genius Report

    All jokes aside... $350? Wow... I'm hoping sprint offers some additional discounts. While I think the phone is worth that amount, considering other options, I'm not sure it is smart to price it that high. Unless sprint's expecting a high business demand.

    Guess if they had it the same price as the Pre... well, would have been a disaster for palm. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  4. #44  
    Im jumping ship. I think I finally want more screen real estate as I get older lol.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    After posting every other rumor BGR saw, they finally got the launch of the Treo Pro2 right as well. WOW... they are great reporters!!!
    You ever think that perhaps the date changes within Sprint and sites like BGR get it right with the varied changes? Which is pretty much how it went with the Treo Pro's release date with Sprint. Maybe you should point the finger of blame at Sprint, for changing their release dates so often?

    $350 is a higher end price, but given how Sprint was continually selling the original Touch Pro faster than they could keep it in stock, it's not too crazy to price it high. The original Sprint HTC Touch Pro (NIB) is still selling for an average of $200+ on Ebay.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    After posting every other rumor BGR saw, they finally got the launch of the Treo Pro2 right as well. WOW... they are great reporters!!! I'd bet the bgr bloggers can guess when the HTC Touch Pro3 will release.
    Seriously BoyGenious is a very good news site and does very well in predicting Sprint releases and in covering the gamut from rumor to leaked internal documents.

    So if there is a touch pro 3, let's hope BGR does as well as it did with the TP2 --certainly readers of their forums knew 10x more about the Touch Pro 2 release, price and specs than 99% of Sprint employees!

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Just last night I saw the same shot with the date as Sep 23rd or something.
    Not on good sites like BGR. they got this dead on.

    The only variation on dates is Sept 3 and sept 8. Sprint business phones actually do all have two dates, a consumer date and a date for business accounts to start taking orders usually four or five days earlier. So Boy Genius got this more acurately than Sprints official press releases.
  7. #47  
    I'm waiting till the Hero lands to fully decide (though i'm leaning towards the Hero). The only tilt in the favour of the Pro 2 is if Sprint mandates a SEP on the Hero then it's the TP2 then definitely.

    If it's really true that it's going to cost $450 (and then a $100 M.I.R) then it's probably not happening. I'll just wait it out and see if BestBuy has a better price. When the TouchPro 1 came out and Sprint had it for $399 (minus $100 M.I.R) BestBuy had it for $250 straight with contract.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Seriously BoyGenious is a very good news site and does very well in predicting Sprint releases and in covering the gamut from rumor to leaked internal documents.

    So if there is a touch pro 3, let's hope BGR does as well as it did with the TP2 --certainly readers of their forums knew 10x more about the Touch Pro 2 release, price and specs than 99% of Sprint employees!



    Not on good sites like BGR. they got this dead on.

    The only variation on dates is Sept 3 and sept 8. Sprint business phones actually do all have two dates, a consumer date and a date for business accounts to start taking orders usually four or five days earlier. So Boy Genius got this more acurately than Sprints official press releases.
    LOL... you have GOT to be kidding...

    Not worth really discussing, but if people keep lying to them, I guess they will keep regurgitating the same stuff found all over the web... eventually someone will provide the correct answer.

    Carry on...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    BestBuy had it for $250 straight with contract.
    Were you able to keep sero with bestbuy?

    Heck, I'd sign up for two years for this device, no problem. Glad I got the treo pro on ebay now... lol...

    I've been out of contract since Jan, so I might be able to get the TP2 for a bit lower than $350... maybe not out the gate though.

    Hope the reviews are just as good as the T-mobile device.

    I see win mob 6.5 will be out in Oct... might wait until then to ensure the free upgrade is available on sprint. Or heck, maybe not...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    LOL... you have GOT to be kidding...
    Not worth really discussing, but if people keep lying to them, I guess they will keep regurgitating the same stuff found all over the web... eventually someone will provide the correct answer.
    Carry on...
    They actually had the correct answer, perhaps you just don't know Sprint and how they spread release dates.

    Where did boy genius claim sept 23 as you claim? Do you have a link?

    You are confused about the fact that there ARE almost always two different dates for Sprint business phones: Brightpoint/soft launch, store/hard launch four or five days later.

    boygenious remains probably the most accurate inside info on upcoming handsets and release.

    The average reader of Boy genious will know 100x more and more accurate information about Sprint phones than people who manage Sprint stores!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Were you able to keep sero with bestbuy?
    Best Buy, Radio Shack and even Sprint stores can no longer access and make changes/add new lines, etc. to SERO accounts. They have to be handled via Telesales now (specifically, ones for SERO users), so the Best Buy option does not seem plausible. Sprint is really side-lining SERO users as they try to phase them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I see win mob 6.5 will be out in Oct... might wait until then to ensure the free upgrade is available on sprint. Or heck, maybe not...
    Sprint (and Verizon) are already playing with WM6.5 ROMs for the TP2, so it won't be too long before the upgrade.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Seriously BoyGenious is a very good news site and does very well in predicting Sprint releases and in covering the gamut from rumor to leaked internal documents.

    So if there is a touch pro 3, let's hope BGR does as well as it did with the TP2 --certainly readers of their forums knew 10x more about the Touch Pro 2 release, price and specs than 99% of Sprint employees!

    Not on good sites like BGR. they got this dead on.

    The only variation on dates is Sept 3 and sept 8. Sprint business phones actually do all have two dates, a consumer date and a date for business accounts to start taking orders usually four or five days earlier. So Boy Genius got this more acurately than Sprints official press releases.
    In all your posturing you forgot to mention it was Phone Arena who called the Sept 3rd date, not BGR, who posted the story 2 days later citing that very aforementioned source. Give credit where due.

    BGR was actually behind other sites in covering that story, ahem.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/02/2009 at 12:50 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    They actually had the correct answer, perhaps you just don't know Sprint and how they spread release dates.

    Where did boy genius claim sept 23 as you claim? Do you have a link?
    First of all, I NEVER claimed BG had a date of the 23rd on their site. It was on some site, I don't remember where... it DID NOT matter... there were all kinds of dates put out.

    Second, if you want to believe some blogging site, so be it. I roll my eyes thinking people take sites like that seriously... even when the SITE does not even take it seriously! Do you or Dar read how things are posted on BG? The post about the Sep 3rd was under "rumor." Other people are posting other places, stating it is a "fact."

    Third, it pains me to see what is happening to REAL reporters and journalism as a whole. People are mixing up facts with rumors... that was my point. Thank you....

    With that, I'm done with it...

    I want to talk about the Pro2...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Best Buy, Radio Shack and even Sprint stores can no longer access and make changes/add new lines, etc. to SERO accounts. They have to be handled via Telesales now (specifically, ones for SERO users), so the Best Buy option does not seem plausible. Sprint is really side-lining SERO users as they try to phase them out.

    Sprint (and Verizon) are already playing with WM6.5 ROMs for the TP2, so it won't be too long before the upgrade.
    Yea, I know about sero already... I'd not be surprised if the pro2 does not require an everything plan.

    I've already checked out other plans / carriers... basically, with my discount, I'd end up paying about the same price each month. I might be better with sprint's plan since I can get it for around $52 per month... with BB service. I'd love to have the Storm2 and TP2...

    The dream combo... I'd have to go back home to verizon though.... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Were you able to keep sero with bestbuy?

    Heck, I'd sign up for two years for this device, no problem. Glad I got the treo pro on ebay now... lol...

    I've been out of contract since Jan, so I might be able to get the TP2 for a bit lower than $350... maybe not out the gate though.

    Hope the reviews are just as good as the T-mobile device.

    I see win mob 6.5 will be out in Oct... might wait until then to ensure the free upgrade is available on sprint. Or heck, maybe not...
    Not everyone with an "old" plan is on SERO. I don't have SERO but what i'd refer to as an ancient plan from 2002 (SERO didn't even exist then) that includes unlimited data/sms and so on. For some reason Sprint doesn't mandate specific plans on Win Mo phones (and previous Palm OS Treos) like they do with other phones so i've always been able to do an ESN change all these years anytime i got a new device.

    I'm really yearning for the Hero but if it comes down to a forced plan change, then i'll stick with the TP2.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    In all your posturing you forgot to mention it was Phone Arena who called the Sept 3rd date, not BGR, who posted the story 2 days later citing that very aforementioned source. Give credit where due.
    Facts matter? you didn't counter a single factual statement.

    Nice driveby though, Boy genius beats the pants off of phonearena on average. In all your lecturing you forgot to mentioned I was correct and in fact the brightpoint day is today. I just ordered ($299 and no MIR in fact) my TP2 via business sales.

    In fact my explanation all along of why Sept 3 and Sept 8 were both correct and dual release dates more the RULE for sprint business phones than the exception, proved to be the case once again. (your are welcome.)
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Not everyone with an "old" plan is on SERO. I don't have SERO but what i'd refer to as an ancient plan from 2002 (SERO didn't even exist then) that includes unlimited data/sms and so on. For some reason Sprint doesn't mandate specific plans on Win Mo phones (and previous Palm OS Treos) like they do with other phones so i've always been able to do an ESN change all these years anytime i got a new device.

    I'm really yearning for the Hero but if it comes down to a forced plan change, then i'll stick with the TP2.
    You got it right. Most Sprint customers are on neither SERO nor Everything. The are on other plans. Sprint changes the entire plan line up about every 18 to 24 months and most people when renewing keep their old plan unless there is a compelling reason to change. most of us with old plans with data would see very sinificant price increases with everything plans.

    My guy at sprint corp is telling me today that hero will not require everything and that the internal language of requirments is currently identical to that of WM!
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Facts matter? you didn't counter a single factual statement.
    You said "...let's hope BGR does as well as it did with the TP2" that they got the date "...dead on".

    BGR made no predictions on the TP2, nor did they "guess the right date". They simply re-posted the info Phone Arena was given 2 days earlier. So yeah, in this case BGR was irrelevant to the discussion of the TP2.

    Check your sources in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Nice driveby though, Boy genius beats the pants off of phonearena on average.
    On average? Once again, assuming you could actually prove such a weird thing for rumor/tech sites, what does that have to do with the Touch Pro 2, where their coverage was quite minimal?

    Either way, I'm not flying the flag here for who's the best site out there, you are. Seems a childish thing to do, personally speaking. All of these sites are good and I recommend them all--but okay, if you want we'll chip in to order you a BGR FAN t-shirt, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    In all your lecturing you forgot to mentioned I was correct and in fact the brightpoint day* is today. I just ordered ($299 and no MIR in fact) my TP2 via business sales.
    Who cares? This was about who sourced the September 3rd/8th date for the Touch Pro 2 on Sprint--you said it was BGR, it was not.

    That is all I have to say on the matter.

    *Brightpoint is for Sprint resellers, not Sprint Telesales. Please learn the difference.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/03/2009 at 01:59 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. #59  
    I stuck with my Everything Messaging plan when I purchased the TP2 today through Telesales (The Philippines.) My first call this morning at 5A Paradise Standard Time was that the device was not available until the 8th. A second call was made and I was told that the fun began today, so the purchase was made.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I stuck with my Everything Messaging plan when I purchased the TP2 today through Telesales (The Philippines.) My first call this morning at 5A Paradise Standard Time was that the device was not available until the 8th. A second call was made and I was told that the fun began today, so the purchase was made.
    GTK. There are reports that some SERO users though are being denied. Could be just Sprint-confusion as usual, but glad the old plan is till okay.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions