Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The Touch Pro 2 has a larger screen, newer TF3D interface, they claim it has better touch sensitivity out of the box, it has a better speaker phone, proximity sensor, tilt screen, improved soft qwerty, bigger improved hard qwerty, a larger battery and is promised to get a WM 6.5 upgrade.

I don't know why they didn't put the 3.5mm jack right on the thing, they should have.

They are sticking with miniUSB, because that's what is used by big players like RIM. MicroUSB was a "standard" for the few that announced they were on board with it, but I never saw HTC or RIM sign onto it at all, I never saw RIM or HTC ever claim a single time they'd ever use MicroUSB, ever. If RIM is the biggest fish and you want to grab their market, you make the transition easy. Not cluttered with new connections that require new power cables. The real uniform standard is what the mass of the market is using and that's MiniUSB. Unless RIM starts selling millions of a device that uses something else. It's like saying Betamax was the standard while everybody was buying VHS back in the day .

Hey heard youre already on Mighty 5 with 6.5 TF3D 2. How has it been working for you? After flashing to it would you still buy the Touch Pro 2? Thinking about upgrading my rom later. Currently on Mighty 4.16
    Last edited by champagne609; 04/25/2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Hey heard youre already on Mighty 5 with 6.5 TF3D 2. How has it been working for you? Thinking about upgrading it to it later. Currently on Mighty 4.16
    I'll say it's a BIG transition. I was on MightyROM 4.16 before too.

See my earlier comment, it does not have TF3D-2, it has the same TF3D you've got in MightyROM 4.16. So if that's what you want, don't upgrade. MightyMike won't make a final release ROM with TF3D-2 till the bugs are gone.

The transition with MightyROM 5 is mostly getting used to WM 6.5. It offers much better touch sensitivity and better touch menus, IE 8 and newer flash. Some old stuff does not work, some other things work differently. It's something you only want to do if you have the time to deal with the transition. Anyone that wants a really good ROM for everything they're used to using as they've always done should use MightROM 4.16, it's very fast and very stable, but if you're a little daring than MightROM 5 is a fun ride. MightyROM 5 is also fast and stable, but it's a transition from the old WM 6.1 world.
    I'll say it's a BIG transition. I was on MightyROM 4.16 before too.

See my earlier comment, it does not have TF3D-2, it has the same TF3D you've got in MightyROM 4.16. So if that's what you want, don't upgrade. MightyMike won't make a final release ROM with TF3D-2 till the bugs are gone.

The transition with MightyROM 5 is mostly getting used to WM 6.5. It offers much better touch sensitivity and better touch menus, IE 8 and newer flash. Some old stuff does not work, some other things work differently. It's something you only want to do if you have the time to deal with the transition. Anyone that wants a really good ROM for everything they're used to using as they've always done should use MightROM 4.16, it's very fast and very stable, but if you're a little daring than MightROM 5 is a fun ride. MightyROM 5 is also fast and stable, but it's a transition from the old WM 6.1 world.
    Ok Gotcha, on 4.16 he had the menus from 6.5 and i definitely didn't like them had use a cab to revert back to the 6.1 menus. I was hoping he released TF3D 2 with this release. I wish i had Sashimi figured out so i could become a flashing *****. Are you upgrading to the Touch Pro 2? I think its a whole more to that phone than just the rom update.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Ok Gotcha, on 4.16 he had the menus from 6.5 and i definitely didn't like them had use a cab to revert back to the 6.1 menus. I was hoping he released TF3D 2 with this release. I wish i had Sashimi figured out so i could become a flashing *****. Are you upgrading to the Touch Pro 2? I think its a whole more to that phone than just the rom update.
    No, the menus MightyMike put in MightyROM 4.16 are not WM 6.5 at all, they are some HTC menu style I think. The WM 6.5 menus are very nice. Bigger than WM 6.1, but smaller than what you found in MR 4.16 by default. Sized well for finger use, but not so big you can't see most of the options on a single page. The WM 6.5 menus are fairly perfectly sized IMHO.

Yea I'm doing much Sashimi homework, because once you've got that set you can move around easily with all the ROMs you care to play with.

I don't see myself moving to the Touch Pro 2, but you never know. I mean, I was hoping for more processor and more on board space. I'm thinking maybe I'll keep the Touch Pro till whatever devices come next year, if it last.

I think we might find the Touch Pro 2 is more than the change we know of, but I guess we won't know that till after it's released and used for a while.

Have you got the Touch Pro TV Out cable yet? If not, I'm serious, get one tomorrow!
    No, the menus MightyMike put in MightyROM 4.16 are not WM 6.5 at all, they are some HTC menu style I think. The WM 6.5 menus are very nice. Bigger than WM 6.1, but smaller than what you found in MR 4.16 by default. Sized well for finger use, but not so big you can't see most of the options on a single page. The WM 6.5 menus are fairly perfectly sized IMHO.

Yea I'm doing much Sashimi homework, because once you've got that set you can move around easily with all the ROMs you care to play with.

I don't see myself moving to the Touch Pro 2, but you never know. I mean, I was hoping for more processor and more on board space. I'm thinking maybe I'll keep the Touch Pro till whatever devices come next year, if it last.

I think we might find the Touch Pro 2 is more than the change we know of, but I guess we won't know that till after it's released and used for a while.

Have you got the Touch Pro TV Out cable yet? If not, I'm serious, get one tomorrow!
    Oh ok i thought he said those menus were from 6.5. I'm not too sure at this point about the upgrade. Originally i wanted the Touch HD but we all know what happened with that and the US and the closest thing to it would be the TP2. So i'm on the fence right now thinking about selling the TP since i just ordered the Treo Pro and then using the money to buy the TP 2 when it comes out. You know what, thats about the only feature i haven't used on this phone and never invested the time to figure out what it does. What exactly would getting the cable do? Is it just for watching movies on the TV through the phone? Also there was a rumor that this was not going to be included on the TP2 is that true?
    Oh ok i thought he said those menus were from 6.5. I'm not too sure at this point about the upgrade. Originally i wanted the Touch HD but we all know what happened with that and the US and the closest thing to it would be the TP2. So i'm on the fence right now thinking about selling the TP since i just ordered the Treo Pro and then using the money to buy the TP 2 when it comes out. You know what, thats about the only feature i haven't used on this phone and never invested the time to figure out what it does. What exactly would getting the cable do? Is it just for watching movies on the TV through the phone? Also there was a rumor that this was not going to be included on the TP2 is that true?
    If the MR 4.16 menus are from WM 6.5, they are a very different set than the WM 6.5 menus that are in MR 5. I'd only recommend the MR 5 upgrade if you have time to deal with the transition to WM 6.5. Is it better? I think so, but it takes time to adjust.

If you want the Touch HD experience, you can get the TF3D-HD port, but that runs more stable on the Stock Sprint ROM than MR, at least that was my experience. Kevank used to have a ROM with TF3D-HD built into it, now he's got a TF3D-2 ROM and there is a "Juicy" ROM with TF3D-2 also. I used the stock Sprint ROM with the TF3D HD port up until MR 4.15, that's when I switched to MightyROMs and have been using them ever since. I tried the TF3D HD port on MR 4.15, maybe it runs better on MR 4.16. The best thing of TF3D HD is already in MR 4.16, the People tab with buttons to call someone with a single on screen button press.

As far as TV Out, just

The Touch Pro 2 will have TV Out, it's in the specs, just like the original Touch Pro. You have to have the TV Out cables or you can try this trick for cheaper.

Been posting more about my using TV Out here.

You would want to give TV Out a try before letting that Touch Pro go .
    i'm confused, isn't this the TREO PRO subforum?

is someone backwards on treo pro and touch pro again?
    If the MR 4.16 menus are from WM 6.5, they are a very different set than the WM 6.5 menus that are in MR 5. I'd only recommend the MR 5 upgrade if you have time to deal with the transition to WM 6.5. Is it better? I think so, but it takes time to adjust.

If you want the Touch HD experience, you can get the TF3D-HD port, but that runs more stable on the Stock Sprint ROM than MR, at least that was my experience. Kevank used to have a ROM with TF3D-HD built into it, now he's got a TF3D-2 ROM and there is a "Juicy" ROM with TF3D-2 also. I used the stock Sprint ROM with the TF3D HD port up until MR 4.15, that's when I switched to MightyROMs and have been using them ever since. I tried the TF3D HD port on MR 4.15, maybe it runs better on MR 4.16. The best thing of TF3D HD is already in MR 4.16, the People tab with buttons to call someone with a single on screen button press.

As far as TV Out, just

The Touch Pro 2 will have TV Out, it's in the specs, just like the original Touch Pro. You have to have the TV Out cables or you can try this trick for cheaper.

Been posting more about my using TV Out here.

You would want to give TV Out a try before letting that Touch Pro go .
    Alright thanks will check out those on the TV Out.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post

Did you read the title of the thread before posting that comment lol
    Ok man you made a believer with the TV out lol. Just ordered the cheap cable from amazon and downloaded the cab. While looking at the videos i stumbled across this Samsung reportedly prepping Omnia Pro for a July release : Boy Genius Report thats the Omnia Pro its the Omnia with a keyboard made directly to compete with the Touch Pro 2. I think the Touch Pro 2 has the edge plus with all the support on xda and ppc geeks i would get the Touch Pro 2 over it but man did this race get interesting.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post

It is. Just asking of Treo Pro user opinions on the HTC Touch Pro 2. I have seen people going back n forth between these two devices.

The HTC Snap screen looks smaller and I dont think it can compete with the Treo Pro. No touchscreen means its a smartphone. Smartphone is not PDA, IMHO. Its like saying "Senator, you aint no Jack Kennedy".

No 3.5mm will not kill me. Sometimes its good to put on earplugs while watching youTube.

Cant HTC change something at the last minute? I notice the Touch Pro got this prism looking thing on the back of ATT phone and its flat on the Sprint version.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    It is. Just asking of Treo Pro user opinions on the HTC Touch Pro 2. I have seen people going back n forth between these two devices.
    Actually, I am seriously looking at the touch pro2. I'm in a situation now where I need to review docs on my phone (more than normal) and I've seriously thought about using my Palm TX. I could also go another route and get wifirouter and a netbook.

Two of the main issues I'd have are size and battery life. I can go days off the charger with the pro... unless I'm making a lot of calls. I guess reception will be something I'd think about as well... in the past these phones were not the best in the reception category... although, that was on Verizon.

Hopefully the htc pro2 will be out on sprint soon.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    If the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is anything like the one , it may have worse battery life than the Touch Pro.
    If the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is anything like the one , it may have worse battery life than the Touch Pro.
    I'm in that "mode" of research... so far I've read and seen both... reviews say it is better, other say worse. One thing is for sure, an extra "thick" battery will be out the question.

I will see when it drops... who knows... right now, I can recharge once a day, so if it only lasts a day, that is all good. I'd need it to last 15 hours with moderate use. How I define moderate is the question. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I've been having a love-hate relationship with my Touch Pro since early December 08. Now I think I'm ready to go back to a Treo (Pro, never 800w again). The Touch Pro is great on paper, but I've found that I'm using my phone less and less each week because it's just not as convenient. What did it for me was using my wife's Treo 700p for a day and remembering how productive I used to be with a Treo.

For example, let's say you come across a word that you don't know the meaning of. On my Treo, I'd use Ctrl Key Pro to fire up SlovoEd, do a lookup, and close it and be back in the original app in less than 10-15 seconds. It was effortless, so I did it without even thinking about it. On the Touch Pro, it takes just a little more time (roll out KB or go to home screen, look for Slovo on my SPBPocketPlus tab, click it, type in word, fix typos if using on-screen KB , and exit app, fire up task launcher and go back to original app. That extra effort has led me to skip that lookup (and several other tasks) on several occasions. So I don't think the TP2 is in my future.

The clincher is the battery life. Judging by Mal's review, I can add an extended battery to a Treo Pro and still have it be comparable in size to a stock Touch Pro. The extended battery lasts forever, and would allow me to actually USE all the features on my WM phone (BT, GPS Today, IM, SkyFire, Opera Mobile). I try to avoid those things on my Touch Pro because they will run down the battery in hours. And the Touch Pro's extended battery makes it an unpocketable brick.

I hope Palm hasn't given up on WM-based QWERTY devices. I'd love to see a WM Treo with a Pre form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I've been having a love-hate relationship with my Touch Pro since early December 08. Now I think I'm ready to go back to a Treo (Pro, never 800w again). The Touch Pro is great on paper, but I've found that I'm using my phone less and less each week because it's just not as convenient. What did it for me was using my wife's Treo 700p for a day and remembering how productive I used to be with a Treo.

For example, let's say you come across a word that you don't know the meaning of. On my Treo, I'd use Ctrl Key Pro to fire up SlovoEd, do a lookup, and close it and be back in the original app in less than 10-15 seconds. It was effortless, so I did it without even thinking about it. On the Touch Pro, it takes just a little more time (roll out KB or go to home screen, look for Slovo on my SPBPocketPlus tab, click it, type in word, fix typos if using on-screen KB , and exit app, fire up task launcher and go back to original app. That extra effort has led me to skip that lookup (and several other tasks) on several occasions. So I don't think the TP2 is in my future.

The clincher is the battery life. Judging by Mal's review, I can add an extended battery to a Treo Pro and still have it be comparable in size to a stock Touch Pro. The extended battery lasts forever, and would allow me to actually USE all the features on my WM phone (BT, GPS Today, IM, SkyFire, Opera Mobile). I try to avoid those things on my Touch Pro because they will run down the battery in hours. And the Touch Pro's extended battery makes it an unpocketable brick.

I hope Palm hasn't given up on WM-based QWERTY devices. I'd love to see a WM Treo with a Pre form factor.
    Something parallel to your case is why i gave up on the Touch Pro after 1 month and went to a Treo Pro. You can't imagine the joy of keyboard shortcuts.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....

You will be 100% fine, long as your wife does not question why some of her calls go to voice mail...

Nice phone, but does need some updates...
    I did not like the 6700. I did not like the Mogul. And I [mostly] didn't like the Touch Pro. I have friends that would murder me if I got the Touch Pro2 lol........
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Absolutely agreed! I've been posting all along that my dream device would bascially be a 2010 version of the hitachi g1000
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast