1.    #1  
    For the last couple of days both my L and R soft menu keys have been touchy...ie press and nothing. Then they work, then they don't. Very intermittent.

Did a hard reset...same problem.

Just kind of noticed that they seem to work consistently if I press just the bottom edge w/ a fingernail.

I took the case apart a couple of weeks for the speaker mod, but didn't have problems initially. Is this related? Any ideas?

Going to take apart again and see if it's dirty or something...
  2.    #2  
    Well...thanks for the help!

Anyway, I took it apart again. Delayed, because it really was very intermittent.

The buttons on the main board seemed to worked fine, so it was just a disconnect between the plastic inlay and the actual button. It think it's been worn from so much use...just a tiny plastic nub on the other side of the thing you actually press.

On that assumption, I applied a single piece of electrical tape on top of the main board button...thus tightening the gap.

Soft keys work great again, very responsive.
    I have exactly the same problem with my soft keys at the moment. Took it to a Sprint service centre and they are ordering me a replacement 800w. Was trying to get them to give me an 800 Pro, but they wouldn't
    I had the same problem, and they gave me a replacement 800w.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem twice now, with each failure after about 4 months of use. (maybe I press too hard) Both times Sprint replaced the phone w/o issue. First with a new model, second time with a refurbished model.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have the same problem.

For the guys that have had their 800 replaced by Sprint, do you guys pay the monthly fee for their insurance program?
    I opted to not include that on plan.
    Would Sprint still address this or would I have to contact Palm directly?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm1 View Post
    I have the same problem.

For the guys that have had their 800 replaced by Sprint, do you guys pay the monthly fee for their insurance program?
    I opted to not include that on plan.
    Would Sprint still address this or would I have to contact Palm directly?

Thanks!
    I didn't have insurance on the first unit, as I canceled when the deductible recently increased, but re-added it when the second was replaced. In any case, the unit is still under warranty, so Sprint (in theory anyway) should replace the device without a hassle. I had no problems at all either time my 800w was replaced.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    cool.
    thanks for your prompt response. I will see what Sprint will do for me.