Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    This is something natively wrong for many Treo Pros. Not because of the HTC Home app.
    Lol. Treo Alerts by Hannip will fix it.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    Found this thread about problems with the ringer that was pretty helpful

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...nt-ring-3.html
    ok i have had more time with this and i have defined the problem.

Everytime I change or add PIM items, edit them, and every after activesync, the Profile goes to Silent. I tap normal everytime, i get the system sounds back but I am having problems restoring the default ringtone.... it always defaults to *vibrate*.

Please help. I installed the CAB file from the thread above but the problem still persists. I really dont like Treo ALert Pro.
  4.    #44  
    Try going in to the today settings and disable HTC Home screen. This should disable the rington that th homscreen has it set to. Then enable it again and it should be good.
    Treo Pro Owner! 8)
    Modder, hacker, and App creator!
    I quit.

I have finally uninstalled this app and had to do a hard reset. Can't live with my phone not ringing when i have calls!

Adios. (the Palm Pre can't come soon enough!)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have a question about this... Right now I have the 2.1 version installed instead of the VGA version because no matter what order i install them, the HTC home customizer will not make actual changes to the look of the home plugin. For example, I tried to change the background to the 3d Devil Inside one, and changed the clock font. I click save and exit, and the htc home plugin looks exactly the same as before. I also can not move or delete tabs. I'd like to have weather as my second tab, and delete the profiles one (I just use the slider button at the top) but no matter how I have them set, they too will not apply to the actual plugin.

Am I missing something? I tried installing all 3 cabs listed in the OP in that order. I ended up having to uninstall the VGA version of the plugin and go with the 2.1 version.... that version WILL accept changes from the customizer, only prob is.... the fonts are cut off on the main tab for the msg and missed call counts, so the 0 looks like an upside down U.

Have any of you gotten the VGA version to change background, icons etc? (not the full theme.. I just want to pick my own mix n match from the main screen in the customizer)
    HTC home customizer will only work with a stock htc home dll not the customized VGA one.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler459 View Post
    HTC home customizer will only work with a stock htc home dll not the customized VGA one.
    Is there a fix for the cut off font issue on the stock one?? Everything works and looks fine on the original version, except for the counters on the home tab. I'd just keep using that one if it weren't for that. I even looked to see if there was an .xml config file somewhere for it on the device, and see if I could change the font size of the counters to try and fix it. Couldn't find a config file. So I checked the registry, and there's not much their either.... I did find a key that mentioned the 'tabs' and said 1,3,2,4,5 as the key data. I tried changing it thinking I could reorder the tabs.... wrong! crashy crashy! Good thing I have safe mode with Pocket+ - so I could back in and change it back.

So I either have the choice of an un-customizable VGA version with fonts fixed, or a fully customizable QVGA with counters cut off at the bottom.... grumble grumble!
    is there anyway to get rid of the extra battery on the top?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    That's easy! Just go into the HTC home customizer and the Options tab... then make sure there is a check mark in the box 'Show Title Bar Clock' that will change the extra battery into the clock.

Okay, I somehow got the VGA version to accept changes to the background and icons, but I still can't rearrange or remove tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    go to the settings and check the box for displaying the time on the status bar.
    Can we put the way spc shell have the menu for your favorite people, as in when you press there icon another menu will pop up giving you options of calling, sms, mms, and email?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Works perfectly on my treo 800w thanks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123