1.    #1  
    today my phone kept acting up. screen would turn off almost everytime i woke the device up. After several soft resets I decided to hard reset. Now most of the time i cant get past the "tap the screen to set up your WM based device" screen. if i press any buttons half the time the screen turns white or turns black. otherwise it turns black or sometimes will go on to calibrate the screen, but then im stuck there. I havent done anything weird lately like drop it, etc. Any idea what to do?? Hard resets keep ending up with the same result.

P.S. Ive had the phone for about 9 months. I dont have TEP, but I see that its within Palm's 1 year warranty. Is that my only bet?

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    hate to say this but do another hard reset.... mine did this I did 2 hard resets in a row for my phone finnaly to wrrk then bought me a 8830 and never turned thaat pile on its still on timeout
  3.    #3  
    well now i cant get it to stop doing hard resets. everytime i put the battery in the palm screen loads, then asks if i want to erase all data, then restarts. its a never ending loop. its almost like it thinks i have the "end" key pressed in the whole time, but its clearly not... hell if i know whats going on
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    well now i cant get it to stop doing hard resets. everytime i put the battery in the palm screen loads, then asks if i want to erase all data, then restarts. its a never ending loop. its almost like it thinks i have the "end" key pressed in the whole time, but its clearly not... hell if i know whats going on
    When you press the Red Power / End Key, do you feel a click?
    Sounds like the device thinks the key is being pressed down and is always asking you to hard reset because of that.
    The other option is something wet / conductive got inside under the power key and is making contact. Again, fooling the phone into thinking the button is being held down.