Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have a Treo Pro on Sprint.
    In the last day or so the SMS/MMS application had an odd change.
    If I call up a message thread, the area at the bottom to enter reply text has shrunk small enough to barely show one line of text entry as you type it.
    Any ideas of how/why this happened and how to restore it to the normal size?
    (I believe it used to show about two lines of text entry.)
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    this happened to me too, i thought is was from using my redfly, but not sure.. do you use any programs that modify your screen resolution?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have not changed my resolution at all.
    I had the same issue last week. I hadn't really put much on my phone, so hard reset it. It was like I could only see 1 line of text, and it wouldn't let me scroll. I was really pissed because I had to send a very important text message.

I'm running v1.03 of the firmware (recalled)....what version are you guys running? This happened a week ago, and hasn't happened since....strange.
    In the windows directory there is a file thread_sms.htm you can the the position of the bar with a text editor like Nebopad. By default the value is 35, for 96dpi I have set mine to 75.
    I believe this is a WM 6.1 bug. The reason I say that is because my Pro is still in the mail and I currently own a HTC Mogul and it does the same thing sometimes. For me if I completely close out the messaging app (click the X in the task manager) and start it back up, it will fix this. Also, not sure if this is on the Pro, but on the Mogul theres a little keyboard icon on the screen and if you click it and open it and then close it again, the box should go back to full size. Let me know if this works.
    Thanks for the tip...opening and closing the keyboard worked
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I had the same problem once or twice....it went away on it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    In the windows directory there is a file thread_sms.htm you can the the position of the bar with a text editor like Nebopad. By default the value is 35, for 96dpi I have set mine to 75.
    Thanks for the above! That is what I needed.
    Is there a thread (or reference) that deals with the things you can tweak in the interface. For example, at 96dpi the SMS inbox uses a super tiny font that I have trouble seeing but the threaded view uses a font that is overly large.

I guess I just need to start pokin' at it and see what I can screw up

Thanks again.
    Should make this a sticky or maybe we could figure out some way to create a FAQ for things like this? I had to search and scroll thru 3 pages to remember this.
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    This tip was awesome

Thanks a bunch!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net