1.    #1  
    I'm having the most frustrating time trying to figure out a way to quickly turn off all sounds on my Pro, including vibrating.

On the pro, when you slide the ringer switch to off, it loudly vibrates. This is very annoying! The whole point of that switch is to instantly be able to SILENCE your phone, I thought. What is the point if it's going to make noise even as you are quickly trying to make it shut up??? Is there a way to disable this "feature"?

On my beloved Treo 650, the ringer switch would slide to "off" silently, as makes sense to me. You could also easily and quickly turn vibrate off for all events: just go into "prefs" and select "vibrate off". Voila - no alerts, notifications, alarms, sounds of any kind in an instant. Then you could easily turn vibrate back on when you were done needing to be quiet.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this on the Pro. I certainly don't want to change each event profile individually, I want a super quick way to make my phone completely and totally silent for meetings or movies or the like, and then be able to switch vibrate back on just as easily. Surely I can't be the only one who needs to do this, but an extensive Google search revealed no native solutions. I suppose there are 3rd party apps to help with this, but I find it galling if the pro cannot do something so simple on its own. But if that's the only way to go, suggestions for the best apps are also appreciated.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! (And if it turns out that there's a really obvious way to do this that I am missing, I apologize in advance for my ignorance - I'm new to windows mobile.)
    Last edited by Pamina; 04/23/2009 at 11:36 PM.
    Easiest way: turn the device volume and phone volume all the way down. This disables vibrate and sound.
    sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but i'm having this same problem. i can't figure out a way to turn off vibrate. is there really no "silent" mode? turning the device and phone volume all the way down doesn't disable the vibrate for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but i'm having this same problem. i can't figure out a way to turn off vibrate. is there really no "silent" mode? turning the device and phone volume all the way down doesn't disable the vibrate for me.
    Turning down the device's volume does work. You need to have your ringer in ring mode (top switch), not vibrate mode, then turn it all the way down.
    ahh your right. the problem was I have treo alert installed and had that set to vibrate and apparently that doesn't get silenced if the device volume is all the way down. that explains why it was vibrating even when I turned off all the vibrate settings in windows. thanks.
    Not sure why the HTC volume control that has a dedicated "silent" button was not put in the Treo Pro, but it looks like this freeware application was modeled after the HTC volume control. If it works on the Treo Pro, it may be easier to use than having to turn the volume down. Since it has one button access to mute the device.
    yeah I think I might give that a shot tonight...i'll let you know how it goes.