Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks...

I saw Dell had a pretty good deal on unlocked Pro's and was wondering if anyone knew if I could easily swap my SIM card from my iPhone anytime I wanted to and use the Pro as my phone?

Thanks

CC
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    ???

Unlock is unlock.

Thats the beauty of SIM.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    I know that, and should have been clearer...would anyone know if ATT would care if I did this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    I know that, and should have been clearer...would anyone know if ATT would care if I did this?
    Somebody else here did that and AT&T was fine with it. He then canceled some IPhone feature(s) that the Pro doesn't use, and they were ok with that as I remember from his post.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I use my Treo Pro on at&t with my old MediaNet Plan and at&t seems to be ok with that. Now if you are coming from an iPhone they might charge you more on the iPhone plan since from what I understand at&t charges a lot for Blackberry & iPhone data plans.
    I got my Pro second hand. Pulled the SIM out of my Treo 650 and popped it in the Pro. AT&T wasn't contacted about the switch. Pro works great. at&t won't care if you pay the bill.

target
    It should work fine except if you have visual voicemail with your iphone you will get random text messages on your treo that the iphone uses for visual voicemail but that won't make sense to your treo.

Also, as someone already said you will be paying more for your iphone data plan. Medianet will work fine, but the larger issue which is debated on here all the time is what is technically an "eligible pda data plan" vs. a non pda data plan. I have a non-pda Medianet unlimited plan that is $20/month and it works fine on my Pro. Some say that you can get caught and have to pay big but I think I have a solid defense as a "grandfathered plan" and the only thing they might be able to do is force me to a costlier plan going forward.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  8.    #8  
    Cool guys. Thanks for the info. I think I'll take the plunge.
    The Pro is a nice phone, you'll be happy with it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

the pro does amazing on att network.
    Took my sim out of my cing branded 750, plopped it in the Treo Pro and didn't miss a beat.
    Best Treo Yet.
    Go for it! I've been AT&T --> Cingular --> AT&T. Started with TDMA phones, switched to GSM some time after Cingular took over. The GSM Treo Pro is the best phone I've had so far. When I pulled the sim card from my 8525, the Pro read the necessary settings & was ready to rock & roll.
    Captain Chunk, did you take the plunge? I'm in Vermont and have a Treo Pro on Unicel right now, which has been bought by AT&T. The local store claims after the transition is complete I won't be able to use the unlocked Pro anymore and at the very least no SMS. How can this be? AT&T is GSM. Lots of people use the Treo Pro on AT&T. Just wonder how it worked for you and what I might expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbarbeau View Post
    Captain Chunk, did you take the plunge? I'm in Vermont and have a Treo Pro on Unicel right now, which has been bought by AT&T. The local store claims after the transition is complete I won't be able to use the unlocked Pro anymore and at the very least no SMS. How can this be? AT&T is GSM. Lots of people use the Treo Pro on AT&T. Just wonder how it worked for you and what I might expect.
    That's gotta be a crock...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    That's gotta be a crock...
    I agree. I could see maybe having to get a new SIM but the unlocked Treo Pro works fine on AT&T's network. I didn't even have to configure anything, just popped in the SIM and the phone configured itself.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Thanks guys, you are making me feel better already. I think maybe the store clerk doesn't know what he's talking about. I love the phone and, of course, its still brand new! Maybe I will have to buy a basic cheap phone from them to get the SIM, or maybe I can buy just a SIM card, haven't had to do anything like this before.
    Go get it you will love the phone, it is by far one of the most sold treos I have owned yet to date. Even if it does run windows.
    AT&T doesn't sell the phone, but they have certified it for their network and I have experienced zero issues.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    AT&T doesn't sell the phone, but they have certified it for their network and I have experienced zero issues.
    Same thing here. Works nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    the pro does amazing on att network.
    Took my sim out of my cing branded 750, plopped it in the Treo Pro and didn't miss a beat.
    Best Treo Yet.
    I've got to agree with this one too.
  20. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftwitty View Post
    I've got to agree with this one too.
    As do I.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast