Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbarbeau View Post
    Captain Chunk, did you take the plunge? I'm in Vermont and have a Treo Pro on Unicel right now, which has been bought by AT&T. The local store claims after the transition is complete I won't be able to use the unlocked Pro anymore and at the very least no SMS. How can this be? AT&T is GSM. Lots of people use the Treo Pro on AT&T. Just wonder how it worked for you and what I might expect.
    I'll be kind & say they're stretching the truth or are misinformed. BestBuy is even selling unlocked GSM Treo Pros at discount with a 2 year AT&T contract. After the transition, will you still be a Unicell customer or will you be fully switched over to AT&T? It may be that what they mistated or misunderstood really meant that the Unicel sim would lose some capabilities, if you chose to keep using it instead of a new AT&T sim.

As for what to expect, the unlocked GSM Treo Pro is, without a doubt, the best phone I've used on AT&T. Everything works & works well. Well, almost everything. I've never tried MMS because I don't need it.
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    As for what to expect, the unlocked GSM Treo Pro is, without a doubt, the best phone I've used on AT&T. Everything works & works well. Well, almost everything. I've never tried MMS because I don't need it.
    The MMS works as it is supposed to. Although I don't use it a lot but the times I have, it has worked very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    The MMS works as it is supposed to. Although I don't use it a lot but the times I have, it has worked very well.
    That's good to know. I haven't had any need to use it, so far. But, if I ever said I'd never need to use mms, you can be sure that's when something would happen requiring it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12