Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Nope, I'm talking about TF3D, I'm pretty sure the animations are not in TF2D.

xda thread: Manila 3d porting - STILL IN DEVELOPMENT READ FIRST POST

CAB download: http://www.htcclassaction.org/download/TF3D-QVGA.cab
    Ah, so someone did make a TF3D QVGA port. I guess it didn't work on your old 800w because of some HTC specific drivers or something?

You know, the Treo Pro has been in need of a 320 X 320 port and given there's already a QVGA port. Zbop, I think you can code a good 320 X 320 port if you can spare about 5 minutes .
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Wow, thats cool. I put the COD2 demo on my STP a few days back, but it was so pixelated I didn't even bother trying to move around or play it. Must have had the non-accelerated version.
    Same for me here on a GSM TP. Any thoughts on how to get a better resolution?

Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Ah, so someone did make a TF3D QVGA port. I guess it didn't work on your old 800w because of some HTC specific drivers or something?

You know, the Treo Pro has been in need of a 320 X 320 port and given there's already a QVGA port. Zbop, I think you can code a good 320 X 320 port if you can spare about 5 minutes .
    Yeah, the 800w has 3D acceleration, but it's D3D (Direct 3D). Programs like TF3D, Quake 3, Doom GLES, etc require a different set of 3D libraries, (OpenGL ES).

I think it'd take more than 5 minutes , and it might be easier for Ebag than me. If the xda guys have documented what steps they took to get the QVGA port working and it's just a matter of redoing bitmaps, xml config, and some minor patching, I might investigate.
  4.    #24  
    For you GSM guys trying this:

Can you confirm that you have a d3dm_ati.dll in \Windows?
    Can you run the demos attached in the first post?
    For you GSM guys trying this:

Can you confirm that you have a d3dm_ati.dll in \Windows?
    Can you run the demos attached in the first post?
    I have registry dumps of both. Looks like the GSM TP uses a different driver.

STP reg
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\D3DM\Drivers]
    "LocalHook"="d3dm_ati.dll"
    GTP reg
    Code:
    "LocalHook"="htc_d3dm.dll"
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I have registry dumps of both. Looks like the GSM TP uses a different driver.

STP reg
    Code:
    "LocalHook"="d3dm_ati.dll"
    GTP reg
    Code:
    "LocalHook"="htc_d3dm.dll"
    Hannip, let me be the first to "thank you" on the forum, of which I'm sure there will be many more to come...

That's good, I don't think it matters that it's a different driver, long as they have a D3D driver. If they can run the demos, I think the likelihood of them running COD2 goes up. In particular the 800w wouldn't run a number of those demos (maybe certain 3D features weren't implemented).

They may still need that libgles_cm.dll, which we can post the STP version and the Diamond version.
    Hannip, let me be the first to "thank you" on the forum, of which I'm sure there will be many more to come...
    Oh wow, we can thank people now. Thank you!
  8.    #28  
    Heheh, yeah I can getting this getting out of hand quickly...
    I think it'd take more than 5 minutes , and it might be easier for Ebag than me. If the xda guys have documented what steps they took to get the QVGA port working and it's just a matter of redoing bitmaps, xml config, and some minor patching, I might investigate.
    From what I was reading of some of the ports made to the Touch Pro, it's much of that and more. The Manilla files being the key. I think TF2D was just mostly XML, but TF3D is more controlled via the Manilla files. Given you folks don't use the landscape orientation, you'd probably especially enjoy if the TF3D HD Manilla was ported to the Treo Pro. It was totally made for portrait mode and has more features than the first TF3D release.

Xboxmod, Dharvey4651 and 12aon are the kings of Manilla. They are totally bombarded with inquiries regarding the Rhodium VGA port (TF3D-2) at the moment, but could give you plenty that would help you out. You may want to ping them, maybe one of them can respond.

A guy who probably has more time to chat, but does not know how to do it all himself in detail is Fat boy. He's more of an expert at TF3D skins, but he does know enough of how the ports are made to probably be able to give you PLENTY of useful information.

Anybody who seriously has the desire and skills should be talking to them.
  10.    #30  
    Thanks darnell (ah what the hell, they're flowing fast and easy now *click*)

I'll have to check some of the manila threads and look at the manila editor too. Really depends on the amount of work, I just can't see spending a ton of time on it so that maybe what, a dozen people can run this...
    Thanks darnell (ah what the hell, they're flowing fast and easy now *click*)

I'll have to check some of the manila threads and look at the manila editor too. Really depends on the amount of work, I just can't see spending a ton of time on it so that maybe what, a dozen people can run this...
    Adding the thanks button was long overdue. I know I'll be giving you plenty more than I already have since noticing it .

I think a good number of folks would enjoy a TF3D HD port for the Treo Pro. The device is picking up like 2 new carriers a week. It's getting more owners. Not enough to result in some of the goodies that may be found for some other devices yet, but the numbers are growing. I think in time more goodies will come for you folks and would not be surprised at all if custom ROMs were in the future of the Treo Pro. Of course if there was already a TF3D HD port, than it could be incorporated into future custom ROMs .
    I am able to run most of the demos but they are painfully slow (1 fpmanyseconds)
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lecture3waves View Post
    I am able to run most of the demos but they are painfully slow (1 fpmanyseconds)
    Bummer, sounds like you using the software-only D3D driver.

Are you handy with copying files onto your device and modifying the registry?
  14.    #34  
    Lecture3waves, if you want you can try this:

Download the attached cab file
    Install on your GSM Treo Pro
    Soft reset

Verify that there is a d3dm_ati.dll and a libgles_cm.dll in your \Windows.

Rerun the demos.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lecture3waves, if you want you can try this:

Download the attached cab file
    Install on your GSM Treo Pro
    Soft reset

Verify that there is a d3dm_ati.dll and a libgles_cm.dll in your \Windows.

Rerun the demos.
    Thanks for trying. The cab installs and the files do appear in the windows folder but unfortunately the game still does not work.

Also, the 3d demos stop working completely, instead giving an error message that either reads "The sample has run into an error and needs to close: InvalidDeviceException" or "Could not initialize Direct3D. This tutorial will exit." depending on which demo I open.
    ^same here.
  17.    #37  
    Well, if you're game here's another CAB you can try.

The first one had ripped drivers from the Diamond (which is closer to your processor than the STP), and has worked on other MSM72xx devices.

These drivers are from the Sprint Treo Pro, maybe they'll work better.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, if you're game here's another CAB you can try.

The first one had ripped drivers from the Diamond (which is closer to your processor than the STP), and has worked on other MSM72xx devices.

These drivers are from the Sprint Treo Pro, maybe they'll work better.
    no dice

same problem as with the previous driver
  19.    #39  
    Sorry guys, I gave it a shot.

I was hoping it would be an easy fix for the GTP, but sounds like there is more stuff missing than just the driver, I did a bit more digging and the dependencies start cascading. I'd probably need to try this myself on a GTP to get it working (assuming it can work).
    This is an interesting thread. I did not realize the Treo Pro had 3D acceleration. Its too bad I have the GSM version and experienceing the same problems as the people above.

Why did Palm underclock the GSM Phones? I can run THPS2 at approx. 10fps and QUake3 at 2 FPS. What do you guys get on the Sprint TP? Is it faster playing those games?

I was only able to find d3dm.dll, htc_d3dm.dll.
    libgles_cm.dll is nowhere to be found.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast