1.    #1  
    I went and took a bath earlier, did some surfing on the Pro while I was letting my muscles relax. After about 40 minutes, my Pro went from 45% to the "Below 10%, please recharge" message. This was with Wifi on, using IE6.

Just a few minutes ago, I took it off the charger and did some quick surfing while my comp was running something else. Battery was 99%(phone said 99%, Full), WiFi on, using IE6, after 10 minutes I was down to 90%.

I am wondering if maybe the battery is bad, or if one of the 3 programs I have on the phone are tearing through my battery even when they are off in task manager. Could explain why some people here are ecstatic about battery life, and I seem to be having some issues. Or, it could just be the WiFi and IE6 tearing through the battery, who knows.

Anyway, if someone can just connect to wifi, do some surfing for like 10 minutes, and let me know how much the battery drops, that would be fabulous and extremely appreciated. Thanks.
    Took it off the charger at 11:27....87% charged...turned on wifi...typing this message now
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Took it off the charger at 11:27....87% charged...turned on wifi...typing this message now
    Awesome, thanks. Let me know what kind of drain it has.
    11:39...been surfing this whole time...82% remaining and that was with an immediate drop from 87 to 86 right after I connected. Hope this helps...going to bed now.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    11:39...been surfing this whole time...82% remaining and that was with an immediate drop from 87 to 86 right after I connected. Hope this helps...going to bed now.
    Yup, seems to be about what I am experiencing. Guess it's just normal hardware draw. Thanks again. If anyone else wants to give this a quick go, I would appreciate your input, but I am pretty well convinced it is just normal hardware draw.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    you results are relative to what the user has there wifi radio settings at.... you can increase ur wifi radio or decrease it depending on user

to ensure ur test is accurate have the users go to settings connections tap wireless lan and power mode
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    you results are relative to what the user has there wifi radio settings at.... you can increase ur wifi radio or decrease it depending on user

to ensure ur test is accurate have the users go to settings connections tap wireless lan and power mode
    Wow, probably doesn't help that it was set on "Best Performance" huh?

Good catch hyphen I know I have asked a lot of really noobish questions lately, but WM is alien to me. I have learned more in the last week or so of reading this site and playing with my device, than I ever could have dreamed of learning by trial and error. Big thanks again to everyone here, especially those that have taken the time to help me out with my noob questions and problems. I just set that setting all the way down to Best Battery. As soon as I am done trying to get this new PC all wired up and XP installed, I will do another 10 minute test and see what happens. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    np that's what we are here for.... even the smartest of us "ebagg and coddy" where nobbs once

if u need ne thing else just post im on here from time to time depending on what's going on in my life
  9.    #9  
    noticed a wierd thing while doing the test. With Best Battery or balanced selected, the wifi speeds are so slow IE6 times out. Better performance, life is good. Wierd.