Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been debating back and forth for the past several days about which one I should get.

This is what I need it for:
    Webcaptel To Go (I know it'll work on either phone.)

Skype - Which pda has the better speakers/mic for making skype calls?

Wifi - Which pda as better wifi reception?

Battery Life - Any ideas how much battery life it would be for the batteries that come with 800w and Pro with just the wifi on, and gps, bluetooth etc off?

Extended batteries - How much battery life would I get with any of the extended batteries? I was thinking of getting the treo 800w with the 2600 extended battery, but if I'll get good enough battery life on the treo pro I might not.

Music - not a must as I already have a mp3 player but I might sell it and use the treo instead.

I don't plan on activating the treo either, just using it as a wifi phone, so what exactly is an ESN and is it okay for it to be bad if I'm not going to activate the phone?

Thanks
    Susanna777
  2.    #2  
    I took the plunge and bought a treo pro on ebay.
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna777 View Post
    I took the plunge and bought a treo pro on ebay.
    Congrats! I went from the 800 to the Pro and I've been much happier. Let us know how you like it :-)
  5. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    You're picking out some very specific things and I dont know specifically about Skype or Wifi but I agree with the consensus here that the mic and speaker on the Pro are much better. The battery is beyond comparison, the Pro lasts almost twice as long. I use the Pro for MP3's and it's pretty good, instead of carrying an MP3 player I just have my earbuds. The only drawback to MP3's is that it won't go as loud as the iPod or any other MP3 player (I've tried everything including ROM hacks and sound drivers), but if you already have an MP3 player you can decide once you try it.

My favorite part about the Pro is the form factor, and least favorite compared to the 800w is the keyboard. Overall, I am very happy with it and would not go back to the 800w.
    Do you know what Version it is? 1.03 or 1.04? The 1.03 way not have a warranty.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    I use the Pro for MP3's and it's pretty good, instead of carrying an MP3 player I just have my earbuds. The only drawback to MP3's is that it won't go as loud as the iPod or any other MP3 player (I've tried everything including ROM hacks and sound drivers), but if you already have an MP3 player you can decide once you try it.
    Does the Sprint Treo Pro not have the "Audio Booster" application that comes with the Sprint Touch Pro?

And just wondering, have you given this a try?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Does the Sprint Treo Pro not have the "Audio Booster" application that comes with the Sprint Touch Pro?

And just wondering, have you given this a try?
    No "Audio Booster" and the program in your link is for WM 6.0 only. Found out the hard way.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    They're not easy to carry, but a good set of noise canceling headphones would probably do well for you as far as volume goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    I use the Pro for MP3's and it's pretty good, instead of carrying an MP3 player I just have my earbuds. The only drawback to MP3's is that it won't go as loud as the iPod or any other MP3 player (I've tried everything including ROM hacks and sound drivers)
    Have you tried SRS WOW HD with the following settings?

SRS 3D Effect: 0%
    SRS Center Effect: 50%
    SRS Focus Level: 60%
    SRS Definition Level: 40%
    SRS TruBass Level: 100%
    SRS TruBass Speaker Size: 60Hz
    Input Gain: 0dB
    Output Gain: 0dB

These settings pumped up the volume and bass levels significantly for me.

I installed SRS WOW using the cab from this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1577412-post35.html
    I have had the Treo800w for almost a year now. I'm also a Sprint Premier member, which will allow me to upgrade every year...for me that is July 11. Should I take the plunge?

Main question...how easy is to transfer my data from a Treo 800w to a Treo Pro using the built-in Sprite back-up? In theory, I would insert my 8GB mini SD card from the Treo 800w to the Pro. Then Launch Sprite back-up from the Pro and transfer my data from the card to the Pro. (Hope that makes sense.)

How is the camera on the Treo Pro? The Treo 800w's camera isn't that all intuitive. I also hear rumours of WM 6.5...should I hold off a little longer...?

P.S. What about text messaging/MMS...are the two apps (from Treo 800w to Pro) compatible now?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 06/29/2009 at 02:31 AM.
  12. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I have had the Treo800w for almost a year now. I'm also a Sprint Premier member, which will allow me to upgrade every year...for me that is July 11. Should I take the plunge?

Main question...how easy is to transfer my data from a Treo 800w to a Treo Pro using the built-in Sprite back-up? In theory, I would insert my 8GB mini SD card from the Treo 800w to the Pro. Then Launch Sprite back-up from the Pro and transfer my data from the card to the Pro. (Hope that makes sense.)

How is the camera on the Treo Pro? The Treo 800w's camera isn't that all intuitive. I also hear rumours of WM 6.5...should I hold off a little longer...?

P.S. What about text messaging/MMS...are the two apps (from Treo 800w to Pro) compatible now?
    There is really no comparison between the 800 and Pro. I think Palm Pro is the best Treo Palm has ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    There is really no comparison between the 800 and Pro. I think Palm Pro is the best Treo Palm has ever made.

2x that.

The 800w is a great device but it has a few severe flaws. Battery being one, and voice quality being the other. The treo pro reinforces everything the 800 does well, fixes the two major shortcomings above and also improves stability and provides a great form. The hardware is fantastic and things like a native 3.5mm headphone jack are great.

I have used every CDMA Treo and the Pro really is the pinnacle of the line- it is a great device that encapsulates everything the treo has been/is about. (one handedness, ease of use, etc)
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Have you tried SRS WOW HD with the following settings?

SRS 3D Effect: 0%
    SRS Center Effect: 50%
    SRS Focus Level: 60%
    SRS Definition Level: 40%
    SRS TruBass Level: 100%
    SRS TruBass Speaker Size: 60Hz
    Input Gain: 0dB
    Output Gain: 0dB

These settings pumped up the volume and bass levels significantly for me.

I installed SRS WOW using the cab from this post.

how do you get this program to work? do i need realvga? i cannot see any settings below "SRS center effect" on the WOW HD Setting tab.

EDIT: that cab made my phone unusable. when making a call, i can hear the other person, but the other person cannot hear me. i uninstalled and it is still lingering around.
    Last edited by polobreaka; 06/30/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polobreaka View Post
    how do you get this program to work? do i need realvga? i cannot see any settings below "SRS center effect" on the WOW HD Setting tab.

EDIT: that cab made my phone unusable. when making a call, i can hear the other person, but the other person cannot hear me. i uninstalled and it is still lingering around.
    The settings for the program are in Start > Settings > System > WOW HD Settings.

Bill
    i know how to get to the settings, but the rest of the settings are below my screen where i cannot get access to it.

it looks like it is displayed bigger than my screen.

Bump on these questions!
    You should not try using a full backup from one device to another. When starting with a new device, do fresh installs of your applications. If you're just doing PIM data you might be OK, but beyond that, go fresh.
    Use Microsoft MyPhone to back up Contacts, texts, emails, favorites, pictures and music. Then install MyPhone on the new device and sync. Done. MyPhone and Dashwire are free.

I doubt Sprite will work from one device to the other.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I have had the Treo800w for almost a year now. I'm also a Sprint Premier member, which will allow me to upgrade every year...for me that is July 11. Should I take the plunge?.................
    You can get a NIB Pro off the bay for less than Sprint will sell it to you after putting you on the hook for 2 more years.

I had an 800w and wanted the Pre but decided to wait it out a little and was happy that I did cause the Pre is looking to be a bit of a dud. I still had the taste for a new phone (S|P as well) so I bought the Pro.

Have been very happy with it so far and find it to be a better over all phone than the 800w
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast