1.    #1  
    Well my 800w took a nose dive and they replaced it with a treo pro.

I am trying to get wmwifirouter working on my phone.

everything shows it is working in wmwifirouter but the tower icon doesnt show.

Turned off my data card as i seldom use the laptop anymore but was about to purchase this program as it worked flawlessly on my 800w.

has anyone gotten it to work on the treo pro?

i also notice the wifi turns off when the backlight turns off... wish there was a way to keep wifi on all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    has anyone gotten it to work on the treo pro?

i also notice the wifi turns off when the backlight turns off... wish there was a way to keep wifi on all the time?
    WMWifi Router works fine on the Treo Pro. Make sure it is version 1.20 or higher (they're up to 1.35 now).

Use something like "Black me" (review here, download there)to turn off the screen but keep Wifi on (otherwise you'll decimate the battery). It's also great during long phone calls. Assign it to one of the keys (like Opt + Cal) for quick access.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yes it works great. I use it several times a day with no issue.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    It works wonder.

If I use it for a few hours, I usually connect it to the USB cord. It says 99% charged.

If I use it for 1 hr, then I put it in wireless mode.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  5.    #5  
    Ok, if I use WMWiFiRouter either in WiFi mode or with the USB cable this will get around using it as a "phone as modem" correct? (Atleast for now)

I use the laptop hooked to the phone so little I really don't want to pay anything extra and I already pay Sprint almost $200 a month as is.

Rodney
    During setup look for that "Phone as Modem" option. When you see that, then change to the other option and you will be OK.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes, all you have to do is do the 3G to USB. Wait till everything is up. Take like 2 sec.

Then plug it to your laptop. You do not need to install any software on your laptop. I think you just need ActiveSync.

Why do they call it 3G? No everbody does 3G.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    WMWifi Router works fine on the Treo Pro. Make sure it is version 1.20 or higher (they're up to 1.35 now).

Use something like "Black me" (review here, download there)to turn off the screen but keep Wifi on (otherwise you'll decimate the battery). It's also great during long phone calls. Assign it to one of the keys (like Opt + Cal) for quick access.

When I run Blackme, I loose my wifi connection using WMWifirouter. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong. I am using WMWifirouter 1.35 and Blackme 1.4. Downloaded both tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by js0012 View Post
    When I run Blackme, I loose my wifi connection using WMWifirouter. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong. I am using WMWifirouter 1.35 and Blackme 1.4. Downloaded both tonight.
    There's a setting you can change to leave Wifi on when screen/device is off:

Settings --> Connections --> Wifi prefs --> Power Mode --> Connections --> "Always on"

That should fix ya up, let me know if not.

btw, I've noticed v1.35 screws with sounds and notifications on the Treo Pro--causes an issue with "Connection established" and possibly other ringers

at least from my experience...earlier version work fine

has anyone reported this to them?
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g