Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    So does anyone know if Seidio is planning on offering skins and holsters and docks that will be compatible with this HUGE battery? I have a friend who is interested in getting one but hesitant because of the lack of compatible accessories...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    You may still want the cradle, at some point. It really is handy.
    Possibly. I still don't see myself using one. I almost never sync, for example .

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Yup. It'll keep you busy happily tweaking. And, as an added testimonial, last night & the night before were short sleep nights. So, I had 93% charge when I unplugged the phone yesterday morning. Then two longer days of use. And I was still at a very usable 28% when I plugged in at 11pm tonight.

BTW, had a thought about your initial charge. If you can get away with keeping your phone on airplane mode for 8 hours (overnight?), that ought to be the same as being on a charger with no usage drain. Just a thought.
    Very nice. I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. Can easily charge it on airplane mode for 8 hours, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know how that works out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So does anyone know if Seidio is planning on offering skins and holsters and docks that will be compatible with this HUGE battery? I have a friend who is interested in getting one but hesitant because of the lack of compatible accessories...
    Spring-clip holster works perfectly as does their Innodock Jr.

Only problem is the Treo Pro itself: when connected by USB charge (even AC/USB)like the Innodock, if woken up the TP never turns off again! Even with the KeyGuard set.

I've woken up the next day with less charge then I went to sleep with. Very lame bug that is discussed elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    Possibly. I still don't see myself using one. I almost never sync, for example .
    I sync to the cloud, so I have Activesync set to sync nothing or just favorites. The Mobi Products cradle uses two connections -- A/C for the spare battery & USB for the phone slot (in case you do want to sync). The Palm OEM A/C plug adaptor works on the USB cord for the cradle, just like it does for the charging cord. So, you could plug both into A/C & never have to sync at all from the cradle. If your Mains connections are different from US ones, you might need an adaptor for the A/C cord (not sure if they make non-US versions).
    Can I but this battery @ sprint store? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robertgu View Post
    Can I but this battery @ sprint store? thanks
    I'm not sure about the Sprint store, but they do carry it right here in the TreoCentral store.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Damn, this battery is fantastic. Like I'm sure others have said, my only regret is not buying it earlier. I can now last pretty much a whole day, even with IM+ (MSN, AOL, GTalk, Facebook), Skype, Email, Twikini, and Internet Radio running in the background. Admittedly, for longer-than-average days I need to either charge it midway through or turn some of those off, but even so, it's basically just fantastic.

I don't really notice the extra thickness, and I vastly prefer the matte finish - it just feels nicer, at least to me.

The extra weight I sometimes notice, but it's really not that bad.

In terms of charging it, I basically put the phone into airplane mode (as suggested above), and charged it. At some point, it hit 100%, so I unplugged and plugged it in, and it charged it some more. Seems to have worked fine, though it might be best to get the cradle as well, if you can afford it.

Makes it really hard to decide if I want a new phone - no matter what I get, it's going to have worse battery life .
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet73 View Post
    Here are some pics of the battery. cover , and holster in use.

I don't mind the extra weight and thickness. I think the long battery life is worth it.
    Appreciate it.
    I got mine a couple of days ago. Like everyone else has said, it is well worth it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234