Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sedio spring clip holster.

I thought the innocase was for one with a silicone/hardcase?

The way Seidio designs both the battery cover and holsters, it should work with either one as the contact area is not effected by the new cover.
    After adding another power intensive app, I broke down & ordered the Seidio 3500 & the spring clip. Glad I did. With a lot of BT, texting, email & data usage, I was getting down to 20% left after 15-18 hours -- a little better if I swapped in a separately charged battery at the start of the day. That with the Seidio 1650, alternating with the original Palm stock battery.

The instructions for the Seidio 3500 say that it requires an initial 8 hour charge prior to putting it into the phone & that 5 or 6 full charges are needed before seeing the real benefits. I did the 8 hour charge before putting the battery into the TP. It's now 16 hours later, I'm listening to music via BT headset & the battery is still over 50%. I'll keep a spare (with the original back) handy tomorrow, but my plan is to leave the phone off the charger till tomorrow so I can do another of several "full" charges on the 3500 to properly condition it. Interesting note: the 3500 stays cooler than the 1650 or the stock Palm battery, with heavy use.

Now, about Seidio's holsters. The Innocase holster & the Spring Clip holster, at 1st glance, look alike. However, the Spring Clip holster is shorter. In fact, too short & not quite deep enough to hold the Treo Pro with the Innocase on. And the bare Treo Pro or with the 3500 battery installed is too short & slim for the Innocase holster. So, you may need both. Fortunately, the finish is different on each (the Spring Clip holster has a more rubberized texture), which makes them easy to tell apart without having to put them side by side for comparison.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I want to get a belt case "pouch" for mine with the battery..any reccomendations?
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I want to get a belt case "pouch" for mine with the battery..any reccomendations?
    When I had my Cingular 8525, I bought this one from fortte: Leather case for Cingular 8525, HTC Hermes TyTN, JasJam . When I ordered my Treo Pro, I was hoping I could still use it -- I liked it that well. In fact, it's the only case I've owned that I would have been disappointed if I couldn't continue to use it -- it looks that good.

The GTP is wider, but much thinner than the 8525. And the case has some elastic on both sides & the bottom. So, the stock GTP is OK side to side, but a little loose front to back. Add an Innocase or the 3500 extended battery & back, & it's a perfect fit.
    I'm a heavy user. Bought the Seidio. Love it. Haven't gone below 35% yet, but I will find a way to kill it. I love not needing my car charger and USB charger out all the time. I assumed I'd prefer the shiny black back, but don't mind the seidio rubber back because it matches the belt clip and feels good. I like having a phone that's bigger and heavier too, incase it gets into a fight with another phone it has a better chance of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I'm a heavy user. Bought the Seidio. Love it. Haven't gone below 35% yet, but I will find a way to kill it. I love not needing my car charger and USB charger out all the time. I assumed I'd prefer the shiny black back, but don't mind the seidio rubber back because it matches the belt clip and feels good. I like having a phone that's bigger and heavier too, incase it gets into a fight with another phone it has a better chance of winning.
    Now, cmon, you know it's illegal to train your Treo Pro for phone fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I like having a phone that's bigger and heavier too, incase it gets into a fight with another phone it has a better chance of winning.
    never thought about it like that...

Review is up at WMExperts for those interested:

Review: Seidio 3500mAh Battery for Palm Treo Pro

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    never thought about it like that...

Review is up at WMExperts for those interested:

Review: Seidio 3500mAh Battery for Palm Treo Pro
    Nice review
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

+1 on the great review.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and get the Innocell 3500. I can generally make it through a day with the OEM battery. The exceptions are when I go golfing and use FreeCaddie Pro, use Sprint Nav for an extended period of time, or start browsing to kill some time. GPS and Wi-Fi really chew on the battery.

Also, I have a Seidio Innocase right now and one of the only things holding me back from getting a bigger battery was the fact that I would not be able to use the Innocase. The soft rubberized feel of the Innocase is addictive, almost like a security blanket. The fact that the Innocell cover is the same material pretty much makes it a no-brainer at this point.

I didn't even think about the two-tone effect the rubberized material creates until I read some comments about the Innocell cover. In fact, I was showing my phone to somebody that was considering a Treo Pro the other day and he was bummed when I told him the Innocase was not included with the phone.

I'm a little concerned with the extra weight that the 3500 will add since I like to keep my phone in my pocket, but if it lets me unleash the true power of this phone without regard to battery usage I will learn to live with it real fast.
    Good review, and I would also throw in my recommendation.

I took this battery on a trip last week and it's definitely worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Good review, and I would also throw in my recommendation.

I took this battery on a trip last week and it's definitely worth the money.
    If Zbop approves of this battery, enough said. This thread can now be closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmay View Post
    If Zbop approves of this battery, enough said. This thread can now be closed.
    Oh no, don't put that kinda pressure on me man...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to have order this battery. One thing I don't quite understand, though: How on earth do you charge it up *before* putting in the Treo? I've only got the one charger, and I'll be damned if there's a micro-USB port on the battery itself. Do they ship an external charger with it or something? Before I go throwing huge amounts of money on shipping (Seidio only offer Fedex to NZ, at US$25...) I'd just like to make sure that I've got everything. Not that it will get shipped until Monday.

Normally carry my Treo Pro in my pocket, and don't see it changing with the extra battery. Happily carried my Treo 680 (with the Seidio 2400mAh extended battery) in my pocket without a problem, and this is definitely going to be smaller than that.

Anyway, I'm fully capable of killing the stock battery in about 3 - 4 hours (streaming internet radio over HSDPA to a Bluetooth headset) so having ~135% more capacity would be *wonderful*.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    I think I'm going to have order this battery. One thing I don't quite understand, though: How on earth do you charge it up *before* putting in the Treo? I've only got the one charger, and I'll be damned if there's a micro-USB port on the battery itself. Do they ship an external charger with it or something? Before I go throwing huge amounts of money on shipping (Seidio only offer Fedex to NZ, at US$25...) I'd just like to make sure that I've got everything. Not that it will get shipped until Monday.
    I already had the Mobi Products cradle with the spare battery slot. So, I used the spare battery slot to charge the battery before putting it in. Also, the stock Palm A/C plug works nicely on the cradle's USB cord if you only want to charge a battery & the phone without syncing. Note that the TP with the 3500 battery in does not fit in the phone section of the cradle. You'll need to swap out the 3500 to use both slots on the cradle. Or you can just plug the Palm charging cable directly into the phone if you want to leave the Seidio battery in the phone.

Normally carry my Treo Pro in my pocket, and don't see it changing with the extra battery. Happily carried my Treo 680 (with the Seidio 2400mAh extended battery) in my pocket without a problem, and this is definitely going to be smaller than that.
    Malatesta's review is right on. Including the size & weight changes. It's not a good fit in tight jeans pockets. It may be a little bulky for some dress slacks. It should still be pocketable with casual slacks or looser fit dress styles.

Anyway, I'm fully capable of killing the stock battery in about 3 - 4 hours (streaming internet radio over HSDPA to a Bluetooth headset) so having ~135% more capacity would be *wonderful*.
    I'm more like an hour or 2 doing that, but I also do a lot of texting & email from my phone, plus a lot of calls. And I'm always trying new things to get the ideal phone configuration. So, my first day with the 3500 included several install/uninstall situations & a hard reset & reinstall of lots, all on battery power. Still couldn't get it below 28% by the time I went to bed. And the 3500 fully recharged by the time I got up, 6 hours later.
    Before I go throwing huge amounts of money on shipping (Seidio only offer Fedex to NZ, at US$25...) I'd just like to make sure that I've got everything. Not that it will get shipped until Monday.
    Before I forget to point it out, both the Seidio 3500 mah battery & the Mobi Products cradle are available here at the TreoCentral store. And both are the same price as most other places. So, buying the two at one place & having them shipped together ought to bring substantial savings in shipping costs.
    kraski,

Could someone take a Dremel to a Mobi charger and get the TP to fit with the 3500 battery? or is it way too thick to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Could someone take a Dremel to a Mobi charger and get the TP to fit with the 3500 battery? or is it way too thick to do that?
    It might be doable. You can get the connector to barely go into the female connector on the phone, but not at the right angle or far enough for any electronic connection. The piece between the phone slot & the spare battery slot sounds hollow & I have no idea how thick the plastic is. You might end up with some holes in the back of the phone slot that you need to fix for cosmetic reasons & to keep the dust out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    It might be doable. You can get the connector to barely go into the female connector on the phone, but not at the right angle or far enough for any electronic connection. The piece between the phone slot & the spare battery slot sounds hollow & I have no idea how thick the plastic is. You might end up with some holes in the back of the phone slot that you need to fix for cosmetic reasons & to keep the dust out.
    Thanks! I might give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Thanks! I might give that a try.
    If you do, let us know how it comes out. I'm far more electronic oriented than mechanical, not huge on either. An additional note: the piece where the phone rests & goes on the connector is its own separate piece that doesn't appear to be glued on (there is some movement), but I'm not sure where to put pressure to open it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I already had the Mobi Products cradle with the spare battery slot. So, I used the spare battery slot to charge the battery before putting it in. Also, the stock Palm A/C plug works nicely on the cradle's USB cord if you only want to charge a battery & the phone without syncing. Note that the TP with the 3500 battery in does not fit in the phone section of the cradle. You'll need to swap out the 3500 to use both slots on the cradle. Or you can just plug the Palm charging cable directly into the phone if you want to leave the Seidio battery in the phone.
    Hmm... Not too interested in picking up a cradle as well, to be honest. Just picked up 3 charging cables not all that long ago. Interesting idea though, and I wish I'd thought about this sooner.

Malatesta's review is right on. Including the size & weight changes. It's not a good fit in tight jeans pockets. It may be a little bulky for some dress slacks. It should still be pocketable with casual slacks or looser fit dress styles.
    Yeah, I don't anticipate that being a problem

I'm more like an hour or 2 doing that, but I also do a lot of texting & email from my phone, plus a lot of calls. And I'm always trying new things to get the ideal phone configuration. So, my first day with the 3500 included several install/uninstall situations & a hard reset & reinstall of lots, all on battery power. Still couldn't get it below 28% by the time I went to bed. And the 3500 fully recharged by the time I got up, 6 hours later.
    Nice. Yeah, I'm definitely going to grab this battery. It will also probably keep me from upgrading my phone for the next few months (which is a *good* thing )

Guess I'll just have to chuck it in the phone and give it it's first charging that way, if they're not going to include some way for me to charge it outside the phone.
    Hmm... Not too interested in picking up a cradle as well, to be honest. Just picked up 3 charging cables not all that long ago. Interesting idea though, and I wish I'd thought about this sooner.
    You may still want the cradle, at some point. It really is handy.

Nice. Yeah, I'm definitely going to grab this battery. It will also probably keep me from upgrading my phone for the next few months (which is a *good* thing )
    Yup. It'll keep you busy happily tweaking. And, as an added testimonial, last night & the night before were short sleep nights. So, I had 93% charge when I unplugged the phone yesterday morning. Then two longer days of use. And I was still at a very usable 28% when I plugged in at 11pm tonight.

BTW, had a thought about your initial charge. If you can get away with keeping your phone on airplane mode for 8 hours (overnight?), that ought to be the same as being on a charger with no usage drain. Just a thought.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast