Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Can someone recommend a replacement program for AGENDUS? AGENDUS is a complete contact manager including a contatc manager, calendar with multiple views etc. It also sets itself to replace the built in treo programs. It also has NICE icons for the calendar.

There are just too many issues with this and although iambic is working on it, they havent fixed it yet..

Is there anything else that does the same thing?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I saw someone mention AGENDA ONE? but the site appears down??
    is this still a valid program? I see there is a VERSION 2 and it works on the 800W?
    I have used Agenda One and Extreme Agenda and stuck with Extreme Agenda. Another application is Pocket Informant. WebIs, developer of Pocket Informant also puts out FlexMail. I went with Extreme Agenda over Pocket Informant due to one minor factor - both work well.

Agenda One - tried it and was not excited by it.

All 3 work on the 800W and the Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I just played with EXTREME AGENDA and while I didnt give it a lot of time,. I Just dont seem to like the quality of the display.. very hard to read as compared to AGENDUS. I
    What problems are you having with Agendus? Maybe I can help, I do forum support for Iambic.
    Been Agendus desktop and Palm Desktop for years. Just dumped both for Outlook. Tho my prior experience with Outlook was bad ( slow, bad UI), I am very happy with it now. Love easy switch between Mail , calendar, tasks. Loads of options to tailor to your interest.

And, I really don't mind the PDA standard PIM. Treo 755 Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    What problems are you having with Agendus? Maybe I can help, I do forum support for Iambic.
    I like to be able to easily scroll from day to day using the d-pad. With Agendus you have to go through several manipulations to be able to do that. With other apps that is the default when you go to the day view.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Here are my issues:

1. MULTI-DAY APPOINTMENTS - entering in a multi0-day appointment doesnt work right. Sometimes you can enter it but it doesnt show up on the day view correctly.. sometimes it wont even let me enter it.. it doesnt always show up on the monthly or weekly view either all the time.

2. Split view doesnt automatically adjust the split line. I had AM appointments and PM appointments. the PM appointments we under the split bar and I had to move it down myself. I thought it auto-adjusted the top...

3. Multi-line display ... Multi-line display DOESNT work on my 800W.. For instance if I have an appoint that says "Wedding reception at renaissance catering form SUE & BOB" and on the DAY view or split day view it should show that in multiple lines.. it is only showing ONE LINE "Wedding reception at Renais"
    Basically whatever fits on one line.. I do have MULTI-LINE display checked.

4. Overall SLOWNESS - starting up takes a look time while it says INITIALIZING... then moving around screens is SLOW

5. ICONS - a lot of times I cant select a different ICON SET. that part of the screen is not there.. its like the resolution is off sometimes...

I have tickets in with iambic but we go back and forth and nothinng gets resolved.. YET a new version comes out with nothing fixed but new features added

This program worked GREAT on the PALM OS but not so much on the WM OS...
    Agreed with most. I put Agendus in my startup folder, so I never ever see the Initializing screen.

We have a lengthy thread over on the Iambic forums detailing those options we can't live without from the Palm version. The developers have promised that they will try to work from our list.

It's a huge change going from Palm programming to WM, and they had as many obstacles (more maybe) from the programming side as we did making the switch from the user perspective.

I keep reminding myself that Agendus for Palm is on version 13 and the WM version is still at 3. I just don't know how long it will take to bring it up to speed. Of course, I figure they will eventually stop working on the Palm version, since there will be no new Palm devices with the release of WebOS. So maybe they'll have more time to develop to the WM side. (Of course, once the iPhone version is released in a few weeks!)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well I just posted over at the agendus forum and HOPE someone will look at my issue and straighten them out. in the meanwhile, is there ANY replacement? I tried AGENDA ONE, EXTREME AGENDA and PI and didnt like any of them.

I just work with agendus in the current state that it is...

even the phone contact list is all out of wack when it is displayed...

HELP!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    anyone use agenda FUSION??
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well I am now using POCKET INFORMANT.. very fast and everything works! WHEN IAMBIC gets things correct in terms of the speed and functions that currently do not work correctly, Ill go back as I really like the program!