1.    #1  
    I got tired of seeing Active Sync running all the time on my STP. Did a little research and found the solutions.

1) You have to disable the time change notification that starts replog.exe. You do this using dotFred's taskmgr app. Visual instructions at this link.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][15.08.08][WWE|GER|ITA|FRE|ESN|PTG]DIAMOND PROJECT ROM Release V3.3 (5.2.20273)

2) You have to set up a dummy Active Sync server so that you can change the scheduling to Manual. See part 2 at this link.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Disable Activesync Autostart?

Then kill the active sync process and it won't start again until you plug in your sync cable.
    I did this a month ago and it worked for me. I however used Memaid to edit the notification que.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Just courious what is the problem with having it start and run in the back ground?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Just courious what is the problem with having it start and run in the back ground?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Say you run Flexmail or SEVEN, no need to chew up battery / procressor, etc. I am assuming. I just did the hack. Hope see a little savings in those arena's. Thank you.
    - Jeff
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    thanks!

is there a way to make a cab to do all or any of this?

MANY people have this problem!
    2) You have to set up a dummy Active Sync server so that you can change the scheduling to Manual. See part 2 at this link.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Disable Activesync Autostart?
    By using the ip address 127.0.0.1 as a server source in that link, doesn't that sync all your info with that server? It seems like the treo pro has more steps than what is described in that post.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by awwcrap View Post
    By using the ip address 127.0.0.1 as a server source in that link, doesn't that sync all your info with that server? It seems like the treo pro has more steps than what is described in that post.
    That ip isn't actually used since you set it to Manual. And the address 127.0.0.1 is for the localhost or your local device so even if it tried to use that address it would not go outside of your device.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=hannip;1585285]I got tired of seeing Active Sync running all the time on my STP. Did a little research and found the solutions.

1) You have to disable the time change notification that starts replog.exe. You do this using dotFred's taskmgr app. Visual instructions at this link.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][15.08.08][WWE|GER|ITA|FRE|ESN|PTG]DIAMOND PROJECT ROM Release V3.3 (5.2.20273)

Question-
    If I use method 1 to delete the repllog entry, but if later on I want to use activesync on an exchange to get my push mail (I currently use SEVEN)- will I have a problem getting it to run properly as needed?

Thanks,

Mark
  9.    #9  
    [QUOTE=marksr;1596305]
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I got tired of seeing Active Sync running all the time on my STP. Did a little research and found the solutions.

Question-
    If I use method 1 to delete the repllog entry, but if later on I want to use activesync on an exchange to get my push mail (I currently use SEVEN)- will I have a problem getting it to run properly as needed?

Thanks,

Mark
    If you want to use an exchange server then you would replace the dummy info that was entered with the real exchange server info and all should work fine.
    So this is basically only if you are not using MS Exchange?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    For those who need ActiveSync to run for push email syncing or else don't want to mess with the trick posted here, you can add ActiveSync to the Task Manager's "Exclusive" list which will hide it from the list of open apps you normally see. It still runs in the background, and if you need to see it you can pull it up using the program link to change options or initiate a sync, but it's no longer in the way you don't need it.

To 'hide' it

1) With ActiveSync running/visible, go to Settings then the System tab.
    2) Open Task Manager
    3) Point and hold on the ActiveSync in the running programs list.
    4) Make it Exclusive and close up, voila it's gone and out of the way but still doing it's job.

If you ever want to bring it back, just repeat but choose the 'Remove from Exclusive' option.