1.    #1  
    I've found something odd about the ringtone volume. When in the sound settings and playing back a ringtone the level is louder than when a call actually comes in. Has anyone noticed this? The only way around this I've found is setting ring type to "increasing ring" instead of just "ring". Then the loudest it gets is how loud its supposed to be. This only works for non musical ringtones.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    no but depending on your media player it might be giving the file an audio gain.... is your phones ringer volume set to high?
  3.    #3  
    Yes. I have it set to the highest level. Its the same for the stock ringtones or my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by short bus View Post
    Yes. I have it set to the highest level. Its the same for the stock ringtones or my own.
    I have noticed this with the pre installed ringers as well. I actually have a thread with a question about making these ring tones louder, but it is hidden within another thread. Not sure if customer ringers work better or not though. I would think if you make a custom ring tone and cranked the DB or quality etc. up when you created it, that the final ring tone would be louder than any of the pre installed ring tones.
  5.    #5  
    That might work but it would be a hassle and I wouldn't be able to use any of the stock ringtones. After a bit of searching I found a few threads in the 800w forum. Same issue with that phone also. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this on the Pro.