Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't get service in my office, no matter the phone. Everyone here who has Sprint goes roaming once we get in the office. When it roams I lose internet service. Does anyone know if an Air Rave card is worth the money and if it would fix this problem?

Karen
    The Air Rave needs an internet connection to work from what I am reading:

Sprint to Introduce the Airave for Enhanced In-Home Coverage - Mobiledia

This guy has one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Air-Rave-...414172003r3804
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I am using the AirRave with STP.

It is pretty straightforward -- you just plug it into an Ethernet connection, and you have a little GPS cable that goes goes to a nearby window so that it can get an initial GPS fix (after which, you put it anywhere inside the office so long as your power stays on).

It costs $5/month, and they also offer unlimited calling for $10/month/line, although you don't have to do that if you don't want to.

It will work for your situation, BUT your data speeds will only be 1x, not EVDO rev a. But, since you'll have Ethernet anyway, you could always use WiFi plus the AirRave for voice, which works well. If you do not have wifi on, and the phone can get a Sprint EVDO connection from a regular tower, it will prefer that faster data to the 1x AirRave connection, but will still use the AirRave for the superior voice.

Bottom line is that it is a really great device, and I would reccomend it. It will dramatically improve your call quality and battery life.

As far as getting one on eBay, I would make sure that Sprint lets you transfer them first, since I believe they have to provision them before you buy it.
    Oh, and just FYI, Verizon offers the same CDMA femtocell device from Samsung too, although they charge full price ($250) and don't offer any unlimited calling plan (but also no $5 monthly charge).

Rumors have it that AT&T will come out with their own femtocell soon that will support 3G data, and have some sort of an unlimited plan, which will be great. And of course you could always to TMobile with the HotSpot@Home service, which is kind of like a femtocell over wifi. But the problem with that is tht you are limited to only a couple of phone models, and none of them are Windows Mobile.
    There are also these signal booster that you can buy outright. I am sure if they work with the data end.

Newegg.com - Cell Phones,Cell Phone Accessories,Cell Phone Accessories,Wireless Extenders,

6.    #6  
    My problem is in the office I can call and text just fine, but I can't access the net or email. It's very annoying. I'm not sure I'd have an ethernet connection that I could connect it to so I don't know.
    When you are in your office have done a simple WiFi search with your Pro?

Start>Settings>Connection Tab>WiFi>Search for WiFi

Couple things.

Airave is awesome- but only works on 1x as noted. Still, for email and basic stuff the 100k 1x connection is adequate.

It sounds like you are in a "fringe" area, text and voice works but no data. It is worth checking to see what happens when you force the phone to sprint only. I have found with several devices that fringe areas become stable when the phone is set to NOT roam as the the design is switch to roam before service is lost.

Miss your blackberry?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What is this thing? I never heard of it.

With Sprint AIRAVE™, a winner of the 2008 PC World 25 Most Innovative Products Award, you'll enjoy enhanced wireless service in your home or office — even if there is no coverage. It's like having your own miniature cell tower that covers up to 5,000 square feet. Check out
    the Sprint website for more details.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Sprint's femtocell.
    I have an Airave and a STP and could not be happier. 1X works perfectly fine for simple thing such as light browsing or email services.

Wifi is another alternative but you better buy an extended battery if your gonna keep your Wifi on.

Another option is to download the CAB to "Force Roaming". Verizon may have excellent coverage where you are and if you force over to it then you'll benefit from that excellent coverage. This would be the cheapest, less battery intensive fix assuming you get good signal from another carrier.
  12.    #12  
    Wi-Fi isn't an option. It crossed my mind and I tried it, but it's not available. Verizon and At&t work in our office, but T-Mo and Sprint almost always go roaming, not sure what's up with that.

Do, I miss my blackberry? No, it roamed and couldn't get service in the office either. I loved the stability of the berry, but I just got bored with it. I am enjoying being able to customize the Treo. The only thing that bothers me is I can't use some of those extra features in my office since I can't get internet service.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Wi-Fi isn't an option. It crossed my mind and I tried it, but it's not available. Verizon and At&t work in our office, but T-Mo and Sprint almost always go roaming, not sure what's up with that.
    Your answer is in the "Reg Edits CAB Style" sticky. You stated Verizon works in your office. Because Sprint roams off Verizon, if you force roaming, your signal will be fine.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks everyone for the advice!
    Just remember to have an Airrave you must have cable, DSL, an incoming computer line for Airrave to work.
    Using only your phone as modem will not let the Airrave to work.
  16.    #16  
    I've already done the reg edit so I'm hoping that will do the trick.
    Are you taking about Airrave?
    which reg edit do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I've already done the reg edit so I'm hoping that will do the trick.
    I have 2 Treo Pro's & I'm wondering what reg edits you2e talking ab out. Will you tell me? Thanks
    Never min theKarens I've read the post. Thanks for these different post applications.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast