Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo Pro for about a week, and there appears to be a delay before any applications are opened. And when I text, there's a second-or-two delay after I press every letter/number. This is obviously very annoying and I can't understand it.

Anyone else having similar problems?
    What 3rd party apps are you running?
  3.    #3  
    None really, I haven't downloaded anything that didn't come with the phone. Is there an update or something I can download to speed it up? Everything is delayed.
    Reset it. Take your battery out and put it back in. That's about the only thing I can think of trying first.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I had similar problem and finally tracked down the problem - it was microSD card. Had some programs running on card so replaced microSD card. Everything is running well now. Are you running anything on microSD?
    Sounds like you just need to reset your phone (as suggested above). Windows mobile needs to be restarted like your home computer to reset the RAM.
    Just run Sprite backup. That way, the phone restarts itself and you back up your stuff.

I have mine set to run every Sunday night at 11PM automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Just run Sprite backup. That way, the phone restarts itself and you back up your stuff.

I have mine set to run every Sunday night at 11PM automatically.
    How do I set this up, I have never used Sprite before....
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Go to Start --> Programs --> Sprite Backup.

You can click on "Backup" to backup right then, or you can click on "Schedule" and set it up there. Again, the phone will restart, then it will get backed up, and then restart again. And by restart I mean an actual reboot, not just shutting the radio's off.

I'm very happy that Palm pre-loaded this on the phone as I was using it previously anyway.
    What is "suspend device after backup"?
    When a scheduled backup is due to start Sprite will wake the device if it is powered off, perform the backup, and turn the device off again.

If the device is on when the Scheduled Backup is due to start the "Suspend Device After Backup" option will appear telling you that Sprite Backup will turn off the device at the end of the backup process.
    Ok thanks. And this is basically if I load some apps that need to be removed, or reset the device to how it was before that app was loaded.
    Yeah, I usually backup before I install anything new (i.e. Cabs, programs, etc.) and title it something like "Before ____ Install" and add in the notes "Device was working properly".

That way if I have to do a hard reset, I can restore back to where I was before.
    Thanks a bunch, and sorry for taking the thread off topic....
    No problem. Though it is still on topic for the most part because Sprite reboots, which may help the OP.

Good luck with the swap.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for all the advice. My phone didn't come with a micro-SD card, but I did purchase one. But there's nothing on there. I've tried doing a "soft" reset every-now-and-then, but it hasn't really made a difference.

The Sprite back-up, does that enable me to do a "hard" reset, and then restore all my previous settings and contacts?
    Take a look at the Sticky Thread at the top of this Pro forum entitled;
    "Recommended Read"
    Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    I've had my Treo Pro for about a week, and there appears to be a delay before any applications are opened. And when I text, there's a second-or-two delay after I press every letter/number. This is obviously very annoying and I can't understand it.

Anyone else having similar problems?
    I had the same thing happen once. It was a program running that was lagging that caused it. Try a hard reset.
  19.    #19  
    Obviously I'd prefer not to do a hard re-set, but if it comes to that, I very well may. But I'm going to try a couple different things. I've scheduled the Sprite back-up (great recommendation) and re-set the phone a couple times; it seems to be doing a little better, but every-now-and-then it will big down and slow down.

Isn't there a way to look at all active/running programs to determine if something is bogging down the phone?
    tap the three lines with the arrow on the upper right side of your today screen. Hit the X to turn any applications off
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast