Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is posted on PPC Geeks and I wondered if it worked on the Pro. Forgive me if I'm duplicating a former thread and if I am please disregard.

SPB Mobile Shell 3.0!! - PPCGeeks
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Keep in mind that MS 3 is not yet released. What's been posted on some boards is an unreleased earlier beta that shouldn't be "in the wild."
    Be patient, though, for the real release.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Darn! I got all excited when I saw the thread title. I've been lurking on the spbclub forum and there was mention v3.0 was due to be released.

I'm anxiously awaiting its' release. This device desperately needs a replacement shell.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am looking at a video of it now.

WOW. This thing is awsome.

Looks like HTC 3D Flow and iphone scrolling combined.

Spb Mobile Shell 3.0
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I'm trying out Mobile shell 3 on my Treo Pro, I downloaded the cab file from the PPC link, Seems to work well so far, Going to take some getting used to. Some folks said they were able to register the new version, It didn't work for me, I just bought the latest mobile shell last week, So I know the license number is valid and that I am supposed to be able to upgrade for free, I guess that will come when the real official release hits the web.
    It like totally locked up my phone for some reason. I had to pull the battery to get it to restart.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Im trying it out as well BUT on my 800w it says registered in the about screen. which is weird since i never tried or installed mobile shell since my last hard reset.

so far its a bit weird i like the look and all but i cant change the default apps it uses plus no handy palm look up mode. u need to click contacts then click the dude button then start typing....guess it needs play time before deciding keep or not keep.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    It seems to work pretty well-- and looks slick! The only two issues I've seen are (..and this is an install from the cab posted on PPCGks build 6362), the 3D Acceleration option messes up my phone.. had to soft reset and disable it. Also, similar to a prob I had with SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.5, my ringers, via the profiles settings in spb, are also jacked. Now my phone's not ringing when I get a call and any adjustments I make within Mobile shell's sound profile don't take effect.
    eh.. who needs "alerts" for incoming calls or messages...Did I mention it looks great?
    Looks awesome so far based on those screenshots. I look forward to trying the full release.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    It seems to work pretty well-- and looks slick! The only two issues I've seen are (..and this is an install from the cab posted on PPCGks build 6362), the 3D Acceleration option messes up my phone.. had to soft reset and disable it. Also, similar to a prob I had with SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.5, my ringers, via the profiles settings in spb, are also jacked. Now my phone's not ringing when I get a call and any adjustments I make within Mobile shell's sound profile don't take effect.
    eh.. who needs "alerts" for incoming calls or messages...Did I mention it looks great?
    So does that mean that the rotating screen switcher won't work on the Treo Pro? The interface looks pretty slick from the videos - it's disappointing if that won't work on our devices.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    From what I heard in the videos the rotating thing will work even without hardware acceleration.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    So does that mean that the rotating screen switcher won't work on the Treo Pro? The interface looks pretty slick from the videos - it's disappointing if that won't work on our devices.
    The rotating switcher (Carousel View) totally works without 3D acceleration enabled-- and smooth too. It works better with the tweak for increasing the touch threshhold/sensitivity.
    Everything seemed to wrk for me except the use of the Red/Green buttons, I have to exit the Shell 3 then hit the Red button to turn off my 800w.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    The rotating carousel is working fine on my TP, Also no issue's with the red and green buttons, I have not tried hardware acceleration so no idea on that one. All in all it seems to work pretty well, A tad on the confusing side ( At least for me) in regard to how to get all the different screens setup for my personal taste. All in all I'm pretty impressed, It's not laggy at all, Has a nice interface and a few decent options in changing the look, Once some different themes/skins roll out for it I think it will be a nice improvement over MS2.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Just tried it on my 800w using RealVGA... Pretty much did not work. The home screen came up and that worked ok, but no carousel. Once I rebooted it was completely unusable...

I prolly wont bother trying on my STP, because I want/need RealVGA.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Been using it a few days on my STP and s far I love it. This is a slick interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    Been using it a few days on my STP and s far I love it. This is a slick interface.
    Have you experienced any problems?
    Does anyone know when Mobile Shell 3 will be available?

I use Mobile Shell 2 and like it a lot.

I am looking forward to the release of 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    Have you experienced any problems?
    no problems at all for me!
    I couldn't resist and loaded the beta yesterday. The 3d carousel scrolling between screens works very smoothly on mine. It looks like it's taking about 10% more of my available memory (65% in use) than what I had previously, so I'll have to see how it handles things when it's running programs.

I can't say I like the Professional Home layout. Can it be changed? I like the way the Windows default messaging app would tell me which mailbox had mail and the day-of-the-week plugin at the bottom seems redundant.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast