Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    I can confirm that it only shows up on the Today screen, and that yes it does disappear very quickly after opening. This is a MS 3 problem because I have plenty of free memory and it didn't happen until after I installed MS 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I can confirm that it only shows up on the Today screen, and that yes it does disappear very quickly after opening. This is a MS 3 problem because I have plenty of free memory and it didn't happen until after I installed MS 3.
    Same thing happens on my unlocked GSM Treo Pro with no programs open. It's not a memory issue, it's a bug.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    It took some tweaking (like MS 2 before it), but getting things exactly as I want it seems more and more possible. Running VERY smooth on 320x320 for me. Big changes from stock:

- Dumped most of the carousel panels. Much more usable to just put in the ones you use commonly. I went from not using it all to using it as my most common navigation around the device.
    - Add Task Bar panel to the carousel - VERY nice!
    - Added transparency to the bottom bar which gives the illusion of more space on the smaller screen
    - Tweaked the status icons, main digital clock, weather icons, and probably a couple other things.

Glad to see software that works nice with 320x320 - refreshing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The carousel is pretty cool after a few tweaks. I added the task manager and the wireless manager as panels. If I could just change the order they appear in. Where the Launcher and Contacts can be pulled up by buttons on every panel, it would be nice to keep them on the far side of the carousel as the Main screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    It took some tweaking (like MS 2 before it), but getting things exactly as I want it seems more and more possible. Running VERY smooth on 320x320 for me. Big changes from stock:

- Dumped most of the carousel panels. Much more usable to just put in the ones you use commonly. I went from not using it all to using it as my most common navigation around the device.
    - Add Task Bar panel to the carousel - VERY nice!
    - Added transparency to the bottom bar which gives the illusion of more space on the smaller screen
    - Tweaked the status icons, main digital clock, weather icons, and probably a couple other things.

Glad to see software that works nice with 320x320 - refreshing!
    How did you dump carousel panels? I've been trying to figure that out!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea View Post
    The carousel is pretty cool after a few tweaks. I added the task manager and the wireless manager as panels. If I could just change the order they appear in. Where the Launcher and Contacts can be pulled up by buttons on every panel, it would be nice to keep them on the far side of the carousel as the Main screen.
    You can put them in whatever order you want. Just re-number them in the same place to did the registry changes to dump them.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    How did you dump carousel panels? I've been trying to figure that out!
    It's actually pretty easy, but you will need a registry editor. Resco's works great. I think Total Commander has a free one. Best advice I got was rename instead of completely delete. For example:

If you didn't want number 4 you could rename it rather than delete it so it would be easy to get it back if you changed your mind. If you rename it to a letter the carousel will not show it. I renamed the ones I did not use to a,b,c, etc. You then have to rename the other so that there is still a numerical sequence 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc.

Reg change at:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\
    Beta 2 out today.

You can download the beta version at
    http://prev.spbsoftwarehouse.com/ext...ell3_setup.exe
    http://prev.spbsoftwarehouse.com/ext...Shell3.arm.cab

Change log:
    - Bug fix: sometimes outgoing calls don't contain pictures
    - Bug fix: popup menu is show for call entry with a known number
    - Bug fix: carousel animation frames look cut in two parts on HTC HD and HTC Max 4G
    - Feature: dialing from Home Screen using hardware keyboard (like in Today)
    - Other bug fixes and optimizations
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    Beta 2 out today.
    Installed Beta 2. So far it appears memory utilization is getting better with each beta release.
    Beta 2 out today....

- Feature: dialing from Home Screen using hardware keyboard (like in Today)...

This is a great feature for us Treo users

Seems to work pretty good with the exception that if you dial super fast it mixes up the first few numbers. Also the Red End button now seems to go to my today screen sometimes. Before this release it always went to my SPB Home Page. For example, if you dial a number then change your mind and hit the End Button (before dialing) it should go to SPB home. Now it will take you to the today screen every time. This is NOT ok as I never use my today screen. Today screens are so 1990's I wonder if I need to reinstall SPB Watcher

Still it is good to see them working on a feature for our phones form factor.

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Also the Red End button now seems to go to my today screen sometimes.-D
    I have had a problem with MS exiting to the Today screen when using lots of the native WM features. For example, use the hardware volume keys and let it time out instead of closing it. For me, it will dump me back to the Today screen. Sometimes I get dumped after a call like you mentioned.

Try the volume key thing and let me know if it is only me. If not, add to this thread:
    Spb Club :: View topic - [BUG] MS Exits on WM6 Widgets
    I have had a problem with MS exiting to the Today screen when using lots of the native WM features. For example, use the hardware volume keys and let it time out instead of closing it. For me, it will dump me back to the Today screen. Sometimes I get dumped after a call like you mentioned.

Try the volume key thing and let me know if it is only me. If not, add to this thread:
    Spb Club :: View topic - [BUG] MS Exits on WM6 Widgets

Yeppers... same issue. Unless there is a working copy of SPB Watcher for vr 3.x I am going to have to dump this beta.

-D
    same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Yeppers... same issue. Unless there is a working copy of SPB Watcher for vr 3.x I am going to have to dump this beta.

-D
    Personal choice but for me, the positives greatly outweigh the current bugs.

The Today screen issue is slightly annoying but not insurmountable. I use AE Button Plus to assign the Today screen to the Windows key and SpB MS to a double click of the Win key. So, I can quickly check SpB Diary on the Today screen and easily get back to MS. And, for the times I get dumped inadvertanly, again, easy to get back with just a double click.
    How do I keep it from going back to the Today screen when lock the phone or enable keyguard? Whenever I unlock it, I have to hit the Spb Home softkey. It's been doing this since Beta 1. I have override "Start" set to yes.

Also, is anyone else's phone locking up when you use the MS3 Lock application?
    Locking the device does leave me in Today after unlocking. Using Keyguard (red button) does not dump me to the Today screen.

Again, please report all these in the Spb forums. Or, just use the thread I linked above.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    You can put them in whatever order you want. Just re-number them in the same place to did the registry changes to dump them.
    Thanks that worked great. I had a feeling I could rearrange the panels that way, but I was afraid there could be side effects. No problems so far.

Bill
    I believe there is still a volume related bug that I've confirmed in the original release of MS3 and the two subsequent beta versions. If I adjust the volume during a call while using my Bluetooth headset (Moto H710), after the call is over and I disconnect the headset, the earpiece volume on the phone goes to zero. The system volume is unaffected, i.e. the phone will still ring, but the call volume defaults to zero.

Has anyone else seen this?
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    hi all, i am new to the treo,

i see that mobile shell must be purchased. i dont have time to sift thrue the pages in this but is mobile shell 3 better than 2? or is it better to stick with version 2 for now?

i also see "beta" somewhere in this thread...does that mean theres a beta version and it's free?
    Beta will Expire if you do not register it.

3 is more customizable but some feel it is more draining on the battery, CPU and RAM.

you get a 15 day trail either way so have fun trying them both

-D
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast