Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    I agree. I tried it, but went back to the standard Windows.
    I will third this, I tried it also, I did not like the way it handled contacts, and some one mentioned why do they have two today screens, just eats up more memory, and since I installed it, even though I have deleted it my battery goes quite fast!

Terry
    OK, the Red button shut screen off now works IF you press the Red Button twice. So I simply did this hack:
    HKey_Local_Machine - Software Ė Palm, changing HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\EndKeyAsHomeKey value from 1 to 0.

Now works, & yes I noticed a few second delay when the phone rings...
    I installed it today, Noticed that the Start key gives me an error, Some of the rest of the things I like. I gonna have to give it a few days on the Programs menus, but that might be because I had gotten used to 2.1.5.
    Pilot Pro>Handspring Visor>Prism>Prism with Cell phone Springboard Module>Treo 600>Treo 680 Unlocked>Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesd View Post
    I installed it today, Noticed that the Start key gives me an error, Some of the rest of the things I like. I gonna have to give it a few days on the Programs menus, but that might be because I had gotten used to 2.1.5.
    for start key go to settings -spbmobileshell -system - overide start: no. the sot reset. I had same error, works fine now.
    OK weird, I did that, but I'm still getting the error on the screen when I hit the Start button. I re-checked the config and it's still set to no. I'm using the Professional Home screen
    Last edited by Amesd; 04/23/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Pilot Pro>Handspring Visor>Prism>Prism with Cell phone Springboard Module>Treo 600>Treo 680 Unlocked>Treo Pro.
    OK even though I did not like the functionality as much as 2.1, I boughtthe app.

Mainly because I found a rkey at xda that gives you more pages on the personal home screen. I can make this more like 2.1 without having to go through the app wheel etc..
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Is anyone here using Opera? Has anyone successfully gotten mobile shell to display the Opera bookmarks?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Is anyone here using Opera? Has anyone successfully gotten mobile shell to display the Opera bookmarks?
    According to SPB's forum, this is an issue with the Opera Betas. From what I have heard the bookmarks / shortcuts only work with with phones that have Opera installed Nativity.

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    OK even though I did not like the functionality as much as 2.1, I boughtthe app.

Mainly because I found a rkey at xda that gives you more pages on the personal home screen. I can make this more like 2.1 without having to go through the app wheel etc..
    I am curious as to what you find different in 2.x vs. 3.x. Maybe I have already forgotten what 2.1 did? I have a friend that is waiting to hear my feedback before updating and so far I have have no reason at all not to update.?.

Thanks for your input.

-D
    I posted on page 1 or 2 of this....

anyways I feel that v3 lacks the solid usability that 2.1 did. The software does have some really nice features but I felt that there was to much work to get anything going, contacts wheel etc. On version 2.1 there was 3 sheets, now there are multiple that you have to hit several buttons to get to.

The only reason I bought it was I found that you can have more pages on the lifestyle layout so I can customize that.

Look through this topic also if you go to the spb support forum you will find many people who see the same view about it as I do. However now that I am seeing more reg hacks and also spb forum has a request for widgets page I decided to go with it.

Also I think it takes more work to get this up and running in a similar fashion to be as productive as you can be in 2.1.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    I did read that but guess I was not understanding what it is that made it more difficult or less solid. Please donít read this as argumentative as this is just MHO. Personally I find 3.0 to run faster/smoother and much more accurate to the touch than vr 2.x. In version 2 I found the left/right swipe never seemed to be right for me so I stuck with hitting the buttons at the bottom. I never cared for how you had to go 3-4 or more pages deep to get to the bottom of your program list. Now with a good flick of the thumb I can be at the bottom of my program list or anywhere in between super fast without missing a beat.

When you donít take in to account all the new screens and options they put in to this program (and there are a lot) it seems that with only a few exceptions, out of the box the program still works the same as the old one.

Home/Now is pretty much the same if you donít select lifestyle.

The SPB Menu requires an extra tap to get to, but, you could recreate at the SPB Menu on the launcher if wanted. Recently used programs are now at the bottom.

The contacts have more per page using a swipe up/down and not left/right.

Again I am not saying right or wrong good or bad. There is plenty they could have done better and there is plenty they did great. For me the WiMo experience is better with this version then the last and way better then the stock WiMo interface. For others I am sure it will be the exact opposite. This is why we donít all carry iPhone eh?

-D

PS Can't wait for more Widgets!!!
    For the sake of discussion, not an arguement (I did by 3.0 afterall)....

I guess what I am trying to get at is that with 2.1 I had everything I needed on 3 pages. my overview, my apps page which I pinned the big 10 apps I used to. and contacts.

Everything flowed well. Now with 3 I did find alot of great improvements that were lacking in 2.1 like the scrolling through programs/menus. Page Wheel, contact Wheel... etc

Yes widgets are saweet now, and the ability to have more than 3 lifestyle pages was the deal maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    According to SPB's forum, this is an issue with the Opera Betas. From what I have heard the bookmarks / shortcuts only work with with phones that have Opera installed Nativity.

-D
    I came across that too. Thanks for the heads-up!
    I have been playing with it for a couple days. Works great on the 320x320 screen.

of some of my screen shots and mini review:

I think they did a very good job. I agree with is that Settings not under one roof. It feels like it is actually developed by three different departments. how you add a short cut on one screen is not at all the same as another. Makes no matter once it is set up, but, for the layman it might be too hard to setup. But other then that I LOVE it!!!

-D
    How did you get the Facebook Icon to show up?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Any clue as to what is in this ZIP???

-D
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Any clue as to what is in this ZIP???

-D
    Look here for more details:

Spb Club :: View topic - Spb Mobile Shell PowerToys
    Quote Originally Posted by bvent View Post
    How did you get the Facebook Icon to show up?
    It is the FaceBook app that is floating around. I htink you can find it on XDA. However it is still buggy and using Opera and FB works just was well if not better!!!

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Thanks

To RIP from that site: "... gives you the menu editing that was present it MS2 so you can add, remove and reorganize the programs that appear in the launcher menus (Organizer, Multimedia etc). Essential in my opinion."

I will try it out. Thanks for the link!

-D
    Anyone noticing less battery life since installing this? I dunno if I'm really getting less or if it's cuz I'm playing with it a lot.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast