Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    +1

SPB jumped the shark with this one...
    I have to agree. For my tastes, there is too much going on here.

But this will probably do well as there are a lot of people who like a lot of fancy animations.
    I have been playing with it for a couple days. Works great on the 320x320 screen.

Here is a link of some of my screen shots and mini review:

I think they did a very good job. I agree with is that Settings not under one roof. It feels like it is actually developed by three different departments. how you add a short cut on one screen is not at all the same as another. Makes no matter once it is set up, but, for the layman it might be too hard to setup. But other then that I LOVE it!!!

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I have been playing with it for a couple days. Works great on the 320x320 screen.

I think they did a very good job. I agree with is that Settings not under one roof. It feels like it is actually developed by three different departments. how you add a short cut on one screen is not at all the same as another. Makes no matter once it is set up, but, for the layman it might be too hard to setup. But other then that I LOVE it!!!

-D
    +1. I like it a lot as well. There's a lot going on with it but it works really well on the Treo Pro.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    If anyone figures out a way to integrate Flexmail or have it recognize the new email counts from Flexmail please post details as I would like to have that working very much.

Thanks!
    Dont get me wrong, I like the app, its very well layed out and lots of nice features but compared to 2.1, the key functionality is to complex and there for is actually to much crap you have to do to do anything, especially accessing some of the newer features.

The one thing I do like is how you can customize the home view, however it would have been nice to have the contact wheel as one of the widgets.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Also who using this noticed that the app overwrote all of your main buttons, windows button (This one is fine), email, and calendar. Also red button does not work to shut down device so I have to keep hitting the top button.

Any one find a way to reprogram these.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    One last thought but I wonder if we can get teh app to cover the start bar at teh top. Just dont put anything there and use that space for the different screens. We have all of those options as widgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Also who using this noticed that the app overwrote all of your main buttons, windows button (This one is fine), email, and calendar. Also red button does not work to shut down device so I have to keep hitting the top button.

I'm still running the beta, but the only button it overwrote on mine was Windows. I had my calendar button mapped to the browser and it still is. Good thing too as the soft buttons don't show up in the Pro layout.

I was never able to turn off the phone using the red button. Pressing it brought me back to Today (now MS) and holding it locks the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Nice review. I've seen screenshots of 2.1 users who've modified the default screen (pro layout). I'm sure someone will post instructions soon on how to modify it in 3.0.

I'm not a big fan of the pro layout either. I miss the WinMo default messaging app that would show me which mailbox had new mail. My pro layout shows a calendar widget at the bottom which shows the days of the week. Unfortunately, the widget lacks the ability to select any of those days.

Everything else works great. MS makes even the small-screen TP very finger-friendly.

Don't know what you mean about the red button not shutting down the device. It does work, you just have to hold it a little longer than you would from the WM Today screen to lock the buttons and touchscreen. My messaging and calendar buttons still work as well.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Any one know if they released any data to make new widgets?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Don't know what you mean about the red button not shutting down the device. It does work, you just have to hold it a little longer than you would from the WM Today screen to lock the buttons and touchscreen. My messaging and calendar buttons still work as well.
    Yeah thanks... I figured that out after I posted it... should have updated or removed it.
    I think key functionality of 2.1 was much better than 3. SPBS 3 is good, it looks great and has some cool features but as far as functionality and usability its way off.

All in all I think 2.1 has an edge over this simply because of teh layout. Main screen, programs tab and then the contacts tab. I think SPB should have built off of that first, and not added all of these additional steps to get to anything.
    I fully agree. It looks great (I especially like the moving background). It all works fine. It is nice to be able to customize things. BUT... It is all too much. Why do I want a professional and a personal layout? That is double, let me choose one. Why so many different ways to change from one screen to the other (menu, swipe, 3d scroller)? You get the point.

And I also feel that MS3 was made for devices with larger screens. It all feels very "stuffed".

All-in-all, I love it, but I switched back to MS2 for usability.
    How much RAM does it consume? Enough to be a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    How much RAM does it consume? Enough to be a problem?
    It consumes about 10MB, which is quite a lot IMO.

Also, I've found that I get a 10 second delay when answering calls when SPB shell is installed. I had the same problem when I used 2.0 on my 800w. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    So with the "final" release for MS3 do the red and green buttons work? Also on the beta I had on a phone call I would never see who I was talking to, I would have to hit the see today icon and then I get the regular screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I have to agree. For my tastes, there is too much going on here.

But this will probably do well as there are a lot of people who like a lot of fancy animations.
    Tried it again.
    It still isn't for me.
    I've never had a problem with WM's interface.
    I'm liking it so far. Still tryin to tweak it all. I'm gonna try for a bit and see if i can get used to it.

Just when I got used to how my Treo's setup
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Tried it again.
    It still isn't for me.
    I've never had a problem with WM's interface.
    +1 I think it looks cool, but I am happy with my stock Windows 6.1 interface.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

+1 I think it looks cool, but I am happy with my stock Windows 6.1 interface.
    I agree. I tried it, but went back to the standard Windows.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast