Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    link for the beta?

does the beta expire?
    Works pretty well on mine, except if I try to change a city on the time page (an endless spinning beach ball results). A couple of questions - where is the 3-D accellaration option that's been mentioned in this thread? And what's the tweak for the touch sensitivity, also mentioned?
    The Lock application in Mobile Shell actually locks the buttons.

It only dims the screen as opposed to turning on the screensaver, but I can at least put the phone in my pocket now without inadvertently starting 2 or 3 apps.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I haven't come across any issues yet. I wish I could edit the professional layout just like the home one though. I dig it so far.
    No matter what I do on my 800w, the Red/Green buttons don't do a thing unless I exit Mobile Shell 3. I really like it, I just don't like the extra step. I did try the Lock Application & no luck, just locks up the whole phone.
    I can't get my red / greens to lock the device (is there a way to map the red softbutton to a program in SPB)?

Also, can anyone use the built in dialer from within SPB? It's a pain to goto the Today screen to be able to use the dialer
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Just a question... are any of you using MS 3 with RealVGA?
    I think someone said it doesn't work at all with RealVGA.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I think key functionality of 2.1 was much better than 3. SPBS 3 is good, it looks great and has some cool features but as far as functionality and usability its way off. There are to many extra steps to get to anything including teh added features then I think its worth.

Why didnt they make the 3d switcher come up when you swipe left or right? having to hit the button on teh bottom left is a pain after a while. Also one of the better features I like the contact wheel, is great but its to hard to get to.

All in all I think 2.1 has an edge over this simply because of teh layout. Main screen, programs tab and then the contacts tab. I think SPB should have built off of that first, and not added all of these additional steps to get to anything.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Another example is if I am on the home screen, I have to hit the bottom left button, then the 3d switcher comes up. Then I have to swipe to the right page to get any where. then tap on it.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    Also any way to get rid of teh start bar. 2.1 hides or covers the bar completely, but 3 does not.
    how do i get the battery to show percent?
    I have installed SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my Treo Pro at first time.
    My Treo is English ROM, and i have applied RealVGA hack on it, now it's 96DPI, means 320X320 screen.
    Shell 3 can do successly be installed on my Pro. But Shell 3 can not support 320X320 screen. All items gathered at up-left corner. Some item didn't display, such as "back" button. I can enter into the function items such as contact, tools, launcher, etc.
    I have mailed to SPB engineers, he give me the answer as following:

Spb Mobile Shell officially doesn't support RealVGA hacks. It's not a bug, RealVGA mode may cause different problems.

The latest version of Spb Mobile Shell fully supports 320x320 devices running in the standard mode.

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. You can always refer to this ticket using this link:

Best regards,
    XXX XXX
    Spb Software Support Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrca View Post
    I have installed SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my Treo Pro at first time.
    My Treo is English ROM, and i have applied RealVGA hack on it, now it's 96DPI, means 320X320 screen.
    Shell 3 can do successly be installed on my Pro. But Shell 3 can not support 320X320 screen. All items gathered at up-left corner. Some item didn't display, such as "back" button. I can enter into the function items such as contact, tools, launcher, etc.
    I have mailed to SPB engineers, he give me the answer as following:

Spb Mobile Shell officially doesn't support RealVGA hacks. It's not a bug, RealVGA mode may cause different problems.

The latest version of Spb Mobile Shell fully supports 320x320 devices running in the standard mode.
    I had a similar issue. If you switch RealVGA to 128dpi, that would set the screen to native resolution for 320x320. On my Pro, that leaves me a few randomly placed labels with no graphics & no functionality. Someone more expert than I am can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding that there's nothing left running (except possibly Mortscript) once RealVGA has made a change to the dpi & you've done a soft reset. Which makes me think that SPB's support for 320x320 screens is either smoke & mirrors or the cab version floating around the net is a beta & proper 320x320 support is still in the final release version.

The only other possible conflict might be my Redfly driver. I'll try removing that & reinstalling SPB tomorrow morning. But, if that turns out to be the conflict, SPB goes. We had a power outage Friday that left us with no phones & no network for most of the day. I was able to still call people to schedule meetings, use Mapquest & Whitepages.com for needed info & be sufficiently functional that I was less effected by the outage than a lot of people.
    I am running non beta full version.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I am running non beta full version.

where did you get it from
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    where did you get it from
    spb's site.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yup it is out. I just got an email to upgrade to 3.0. I might try it but wasn't impressed with the last version. Anyone want to buy my license?
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    I think key functionality of 2.1 was much better than 3. SPBS 3 is good, it looks great and has some cool features but as far as functionality and usability its way off. There are to many extra steps to get to anything including teh added features then I think its worth.
    +1

SPB jumped the shark with this one. They should have left all the 9,001 customizable options to the XDA folks and kept this more streamlined. They are responding to some of the market, but unfortunately they made this much too complicated/busy looking and it is now harder to do some basic things.

The only thing I like so far are their themes

here's my review of Mobile Shell 2 and George's review of 3.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast