Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Right... that's what I do.

On another note, is there any way to disable MS without having to uninstall it?
    This doesn't disable it, but it exits out of shell and stops the main 4.x MB MobileShell.exe process until you manually start the program again.

Go to Settings, SPB Mobile Shell, Click on bottom right menu button, Exit Shell.
    You can back up your settings there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Not sure which file they're stored in, but through the Menu Editor, you can change icons associated with shortcuts. I don't have links to post to back that up, but if you need em, lemme know. Should point you in the right direction.
    Hi Decalex,

Thanks for the response.
    That is what I'm actually doing to change the icons and I have downloaded a few dlls containing alternative icons.
    I was hoping to recycle some of the Mobile Shell icons but I can't find the dll they are stored in...
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    This doesn't disable it, but it exits out of shell and stops the main 4.x MB MobileShell.exe process until you manually start the program again.

Go to Settings, SPB Mobile Shell, Click on bottom right menu button, Exit Shell.
    You can back up your settings there too.
    Thanks for that. I'm trying to find out where all my memory is going.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm trying to find out where all my memory is going.
    ...aren't we all!
    Ya, MS 3.01 uses up about 8-10%. I'm getting into the habit of exiting out before I run something hoggish like the new Opera.
    So I uninstalled MS today and I noticed that most of my memory problems were a result of MS! It didn't seem to be taking up all that much but once I took it off my phone was running smooth again.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ^hmm...
    thats my main concern with running MS when i get my Pro. (cant wait!)

Anybody having luck working thru some problems (hidden screens, etc) with MS?
    Also, does it configure to the 320x320 resolution right away?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lodown3 View Post
    ^hmm...
    thats my main concern with running MS when i get my Pro. (cant wait!)

Anybody having luck working thru some problems (hidden screens, etc) with MS?
    Also, does it configure to the 320x320 resolution right away?
    Yes - configures right away to resolution (given you're NOT running realVGA).
    The main issue I'm having with the most recent release (3.01) is the memory - which, on occasion gets sluggish. Other than that and some minor bugs, it works pretty well for me. If I want to run Opera or another memory intensive app, I'll usually do what's said above and close out.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I think I'm asking this out of laziness, but here goes anyway. I've gotten pretty used to *not* using SPB MS3.01, but still run it and still have it installed (I just exit out and don't start it up automatically). I pretty much just want to uninstall it, but have a feeling that there's something useful that I'll still need in it (e.g. the facebook portion that finds contact photos.. which really is good).
    Anyone have any recommendations?
    I'm also running the latest version of ChangeSkin (for spb ms 3.01).. and that would have to go too.
    I'm sure I could just back up all of the directories, but wanted to hear your guys' experience.

Thanks!
    3.5 is out now. I don't see anything that earth shattering in it though. It still has the Treo Pro bugs where it keeps dumping to the Today screen. Still no integration with SPB Diary.

After 4 months of waiting for updates, I am disappointed.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011