Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I should add that I have bluetooth and wifi turned off.
    Yesterday off charger at 7 am until 12 midnight with 48 percent left.

EDIT: Also have Microsoft Exchange push "always on" 24/7.

Today, off charger at 7 am, right now at 12:00 pm at 80%.

SPB Weather is also running, pulling weather every hour.

I have heard others complain of the battery drain. It's just weird that it doesn't affect everyone. Are you sure you have the latest release since coming out of beta?
    Last edited by mbranscum; 06/05/2009 at 12:00 PM.
    I usually have big battery drain when using SPB Weather. Once I unlinked that from Mobile Shell it's been fine.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I also run Spb Wx in conjunction with MS 3.01. No problems here.

This is strange as it seems one STP will drain twice as fast as another STP with the same setup. There has to be some differenve in the setup though. For those of you with the big battery drain, do you have wifi on at all times?

I am confident there is a problem but I don't think it is Mobile Shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I also run Spb Wx in conjunction with MS 3.01. No problems here.

This is strange as it seems one STP will drain twice as fast as another STP with the same setup. There has to be some differenve in the setup though. For those of you with the big battery drain, do you have wifi on at all times?

I am confident there is a problem but I don't think it is Mobile Shell.
    Yep, there are several variables. There are just too many people running this software without any problems. I feel that it is something else, or a combination of something else and MS.

I am now off the charger 7 hours running exchange and MS3 and down to 75%.
    Mike
    does anyone know how to keep the defualt HTC Task Manager in the Right Upper Corner? Also how do remove one of the carsel? I dont need Pro and Widgets
    I don't know about the carousel thing, but as for the HTC Task Manager not showing up, that's a bug with MS3 you can't do anything about that till SPB fixes it.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Man - I'm running MS 3.01 - have been off charger for 7-8 hrs - used Google maps for about 5 mins, otherwise normal use-- I'm down to 50%. Ya-- this release seems to be draining battery a lot more than the previous.
    Running MS3 3.0.1 and it has been exactly 12 hours off the charger with exchange mail continuously polling and I am at 65%.

Question. Are you guys putting the phone in sleep mode when not using? How about display brightness and timeout settings? Wifi? Other possible battery dain hogs?
    Mike
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I must have jinxed myself -- Phone has been off charger for 4 hours.. just went to check it and it was completely dead. Anyone know of a tool to figure out which apps are draining the battery? I have memaid and I can see processes running, but I'd like to see some kind of report

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm also running Cody's battery performance tweak.
    Try exiting the shell and not loading it for a day to see what the battery drain is like then. It might be some other bad app or something in your basic configuration.
    Just to change the subject for a moment.

Does anyone know where the icons for Mobile Shell 3 are stored? Presumably in a dll somewhere?
    how do you dial a phone number from mobile shell?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    Hit the green button and then the left soft key.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
    If you simply start typing the number or first few letters of a contact name, it'll start either putting the numbers up there to dial or will start showing you contact matches as if you were on the Today screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    If you simply start typing the number or first few letters of a contact name, it'll start either putting the numbers up there to dial or will start showing you contact matches as if you were on the Today screen.
    I think it only does this with the newer versions.
    hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520499

I suggest you try this application. At least you can narrow down the application causing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I think it only does this with the newer versions.
    That is correct... However in the older versions just hit the green button first, then start typing in any name or number.

-D
    Right... that's what I do.

On another note, is there any way to disable MS without having to uninstall it?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Just to change the subject for a moment.

Does anyone know where the icons for Mobile Shell 3 are stored? Presumably in a dll somewhere?
    Not sure which file they're stored in, but through the Menu Editor, you can change icons associated with shortcuts. I don't have links to post to back that up, but if you need em, lemme know. Should point you in the right direction.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast