1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a cheap headset to use with the Pro. Basically just like the ones that came with the previous Treo's. I don't use it much, but need to have it in the car.

Thanks
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got mine from fleabay.

It is only $1 shipped. I got a few of them. It takes 1 week to arrive. Bass is quite good.

It is one of those iphone clones that is white in color. It works quite well.

I dont like earplug as it hurt my ear.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, won't be using it for music, mainly just to make an occasional phone call.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My headphone doesnt have a mic. Its only for listen to music. It may cost more than $1.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    If you are looking for a bluetooth headset, Jabra BT8040 is absolutely fantastic. bought mine for $16.99 shipped brand new on ebay, although they generally go for around 25 or so. Look at reviews on cnet, they love it. it is an A@DP headset and will play music. very small and lightweight. battery life fantastic. Uses same charger as your TP. It is an all around winner. In contrast to all other models of treo and winmo, this thing actually connects and stays connected with no issue.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the bluetooth recommendation. I was just looking for a cheap headset, but maybe I'll get bluetooth instead. Any other good suggestions for a cheap bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    Thanks for the bluetooth recommendation. I was just looking for a cheap headset, but maybe I'll get bluetooth instead. Any other good suggestions for a cheap bluetooth?
    NewEgg or Ebay will probably have the best price. NewEggs Bluetooth Devices are listed here:

Newegg.com - Bluetooth Headsets, Bluetooth Headset Reviews, Motorola Bluetooth Headsets, Bluetooth Stereo Headset
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Depends on what you consider cheap. The Jabra BT530 is noise blanking, runs about $50 +/-, plays music (decent sound & audio), I've had several people think I wasn't using bluetooth & noisy conversations around me have been well muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Depends on what you consider cheap. The Jabra BT530 is noise blanking, runs about $50 +/-, plays music (decent sound & audio), I've had several people think I wasn't using bluetooth & noisy conversations around me have been well muted.

I agree - the 530 and the pro is the best combo I have ever used. Sweet.
    wired headsets are sooooo 2003
    I just ordered an adapter from Seidio for I think $3.95...to be able to use my old headphone/mic from my 700P.

And I like 2003.
    Last edited by Kevin C; 04/18/2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Add comment
  12.    #12  
    I'm thinking of getting the BT530 over the BT8040...any other suggestions, or where to buy? Or I'll just get the wired headset....
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Can you listen to streaming radio and podcasts through Pocket Tunes and Kinoma with the BT530? Can you hear You Tube videos in Kinoma? This sounds like what I need. Using this I assume you are listening to music through one ear, right?

Anyone know of other headsets that have noise cancelling and can play streaming audio or mp3 too?
    Here's a link to a review of this headset. I just ordered one off ebay for $43. If it's as good as it's rated it will be well worth the money.

Jabra BT530 BlueTooth Headset with Noise Blackout
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    Can you listen to streaming radio and podcasts through Pocket Tunes and Kinoma with the BT530? Can you hear You Tube videos in Kinoma? This sounds like what I need. Using this I assume you are listening to music through one ear, right?

Anyone know of other headsets that have noise cancelling and can play streaming audio or mp3 too?
    Yes you can - from what have seen, any sound that comes thru the bro comes through the bt530.
  16.    #16  
    Just got my BT530. Have it charging right now....Leaving the phone's bluetooth on all the time will drastically drain the battery, right?
    Just got my BT530. Have it charging right now....Leaving the phone's bluetooth on all the time will drastically drain the battery, right?
    No. my wife has hers on all day.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

18.    #18  
    Thanks for the response....One more question:
    Can the Jabra charger be used for the Pro and vice versa?