Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I just "upgraded" from Treo 650 to Treo Pro. One thing I missed the most from Palm OS is a common interface for routine tasks like copy (/c), select all (/s), and paste (/p).

    I also I had Shortcu5 installed, which allowed me to paste the current date, time or any other text to any application.

    Is there an application that will do the same on Windows Mobile?
  2. #2  
    AE Button Plus has clipboard features. Also PQzII can add a ctrl key to your keyboard so you can do ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v etc.

    See this thread for discussion.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-key-hook.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the pointer, Hannip.

    It looks a kinda complicated. You need to install two programs. Also one of then you have to buy. I was hoping for something simple and free :-)

    Has anybody used vitocopypaste on their Treo Pro? It looks like this will do the copy and paste... I would just need to add something that would allow me to paste the current date (like you can do in notes if you hold down the pen) and the current date.
  4. #4  
    The PQzII + Multi key hook method is free, but yeah, not the easiest. I might make an easy breezy cab for that sometime soon.
  5.    #5  
    I looked at the spec for PQzII (PQzII for Window Mobile), and it does not look like it has text cut/copy/paste. You can predefine texts to paste, but it does not look like you can use to copy text from any window.

    The Multi Key hook is just to get PQZII to work on Treo Pro, right?

    I think vitocopypaste and SmartToolkit may do what I want.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanders View Post
    I looked at the spec for PQzII (PQzII for Window Mobile), and it does not look like it has text cut/copy/paste. You can predefine texts to paste, but it does not look like you can use to copy text from any window.

    The Multi Key hook is just to get PQZII to work on Treo Pro, right?

    I think vitocopypaste and SmartToolkit may do what I want.
    The PQzII adds a ctrl key so for example you can do
    ctrl-a - select all
    ctrl-c - copy
    ctrl-v - paste
    ctrl-x - cut

    You can also assign any program to a ctrl key mapping to let you launch your favorite apps or to get the softkeys back.

    The multihook lets PQzII play nicely with the Treo Pro's keylock app.
  7.    #7  
    Oh... Thank you, Hannip.. So the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, etc. are already in Windows Mobile, but we can't get to it since we don't have a control key... What a shame that Treo Pro did not come with it.

    I did download hookmgr.cab and PQZII as suggested by Melinda in the thread. I configured the CTRL and ALT key to 0xC7 (the side button). Now I can do Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, etc.

    Thank you very much!!!

    Now I need a way to capture the current time and date.
  8. #8  
    Just hold your finger down on the touch screen.

    Select all, copy and paste are there.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Just hold your finger down on the touch screen.

    Select all, copy and paste are there.
    That only works on certain programs. If you go to the Internet Explorer, for example, and hold your finger down, you get a menu, but it only shows "Make Selection", it does not give a option to "select all".

    I figured out a way to use the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, etc. shortcuts w/o using any special software (like PQZII). You just open the little virtual keyboard, and there is a "Ctl" key there. You can use it to execute your shortcut.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanders View Post
    That only works on certain programs. If you go to the Internet Explorer, for example, and hold your finger down, you get a menu, but it only shows "Make Selection", it does not give a option to "select all".

    I figured out a way to use the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, etc. shortcuts w/o using any special software (like PQZII). You just open the little virtual keyboard, and there is a "Ctl" key there. You can use it to execute your shortcut.
    Ahhh- I use PIE. Select all works in PIE mode. Try cody' .cab if you haven't already.
  11.    #11  
    Sorry, I am very new to WM... What is "cody' .cab" ?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanders View Post
    Sorry, I am very new to WM... What is "cody' .cab" ?
    My bad.

    The 10k ft overview is that the Treo Pro has IE 6 installed- one of the first devices to support it. IE 6 offers some advanced functionality like embedded flash but compared to the previous version known as PIE or pocket internet explorer (even blazer for that matter) it is lathargic and tough to navigate. It is a trade off.

    User CodyPPC wrote a nifty little app that does automatic registry edits to allow you to choose the new IE6 or the previous PIE. The previous version allows cut/paste/select all. I think you might like it. (Hint- adjust "view" settings for one column" and one handed scroll away!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-cab-file.html
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  13.    #13  
    Thank you Les...

    Yes, I was having trouble navigating with IE (left and right scrolling all the time too), but I was able to fix it a different way:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...word-work.html

    Does PIE remember passwords?

    By the way I was also able to fix the side-to-side scrolling problem with Adobe:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanders View Post

    I did download hookmgr.cab and PQZII as suggested by Melinda in the thread. I configured the CTRL and ALT key to 0xC7 (the side button). Now I can do Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, etc.
    I had to remove these programs, after playing with them for a couple of days. PQZII kept on crashing and the test notes where I copied and pasted, no longer synchronize with my PC. It complains that the note "... may be in sue or you may not have enough device memory."

Posting Permissions