1.    #1  
    I just "upgraded" my Treo 650 to the Treo Pro. One of the first things I had to do is to fix the screen width and height registry so that the Internet Explorer browser behaves as it has a 320x320 pixel screen instead of 1024x768. The solution was to change registry:
    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Height
    and
    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Width

The problem I have not been able to fix is that IE refuses to remember passwords. When I open a secure page, it gives me the option to "save password", but when I go back to that page it asks me to enter the password again. Has anybody else seen this? Any solutions?
    I have had IE6 successfully save passwords for forums such as this by checking the "remember me" box while signing in for the first time. Not sure if that is what you were talking about or not though.

I am curious as to the screen adjustment. My IE6 operates like say Opera or Skyfire would if you were zoomed in the whole time. If you change those settings, does IE6 allow you to zoom in on an area, or is it stuck zoomed out? How do you change those registry values? Special app needed?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I have had IE6 successfully save passwords for forums such as this by checking the "remember me" box while signing in for the first time. Not sure if that is what you were talking about or not though.
    I am using the IE6 that came with the Treo Pro for Sprint. It has a checkbox that says "Save password", not "remember me".... and when I check it, it does not remember me when I go to the web site again.

Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I am curious as to the screen adjustment. My IE6 operates like say Opera or Skyfire would if you were zoomed in the whole time. If you change those settings, does IE6 allow you to zoom in on an area, or is it stuck zoomed out? How do you change those registry values? Special app needed?
    The issue is that I don't want to zoom out and in. I want the web page to fit the screen on my Treo, specially if the web site is very simple. Using the defaults (1024x768), I always had to scroll around or zoom out. When I change it to 320x320 it just fits on one screen, unless off course there is too much text or images.
  4.    #4  
    I was able to fix the problem. The problem was that the AuthName for the website that I was trying to access was too long and had some special characters. The Mobile version of IE 6.0 could not handle that.

I was able to figure it by looking at the password cache:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet settings\Passwords of my treo.

I was able to fix the problem by modifying the AuthName variable in the .htaccess file of the server.