1.    #1  
    How is texting setup on the Pro? I'm interested in getting one, but I haven't seen/heard anything about texting. Is it threaded? Can someone do a screenshot for me?

I LOVE my BB Curve, but I text a lot, and I really think they dropped the ball in this department.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    How is texting setup on the Pro? I'm interested in getting one, but I haven't seen/heard anything about texting. Is it threaded? Can someone do a screenshot for me?

I LOVE my BB Curve, but I text a lot, and I really think they dropped the ball in this department.
    I think the PalmOS phones have a huge lead in this department despite the age of the OS, but WM does a decent job. The messages are threaded, but WM has a couple minor bugs with text messaging. Basically, unless you actually highlight the new message in the SMS app, the phone will still read "1 unread message" on the today screen. Also, there is no : key on the Pro keyboard anymore, got to hit white button ALT enter (the : is the first sym in the alternate symbol list), and the WM SMS app doesn't have any smilies built in. Other than that it isn't hateful.
  3.    #3  
    Is it true threaded? I know BB says they have threaded texting, but it is NOT truly threaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    Is it true threaded? I know BB says they have threaded texting, but it is NOT truly threaded.
    Not sure I understand what you mean? Each contact or number that receives or sends a text message has its own "section" on the application that you click on. In other words, you app would look like:

Jamie
    Jess
    Kira
    John
    555-555-5555
    Paul
    Sarah

When you clicked on Jamie, it displays all the text messages like an Instant Message, in a list form. Each message is its own block, and can be highlighted/clicked on if you want to copy and past etc.
  5.    #5  
    Yup, that's threaded texting. Good news.

The messages are somewhat threaded, but each message is still listed individually in the inbox. Its cluttered, which kind of eliminates the purpose of threaded texting.
    No emoticons though :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    No emoticons though :-\
    Unless you use this.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hannip, thanks for all the effort you have put into getting that app working. The minute you get it working 100% for sprint, I will buy you a beer and install it Last I checked that thread though, you were still having problems with the Sprint version, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Hannip, thanks for all the effort you have put into getting that app working. The minute you get it working 100% for sprint, I will buy you a beer and install it Last I checked that thread though, you were still having problems with the Sprint version, no?
    Correct, Sprint mms receive is still the missing link. Those on Alltel, Cricket and AT&T/Cingular have been verified to have full functioning sms and mms with the app. Sounds like you are in the unfortunate group with me. :-/

I still have a few ideas that I want to try, but I was hoping some mms genius or Sprint tech would've stepped up and figured it out by now or at least given me a clue as to what might be the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Correct, Sprint mms receive is still the missing link. Those on Alltel, Cricket and AT&T/Cingular have been verified to have full functioning sms and mms with the app. Sounds like you are in the unfortunate group with me. :-/

I still have a few ideas that I want to try, but I was hoping some mms genius or Sprint tech would've stepped up and figured it out by now or at least given me a clue as to what might be the problem.
    Is that the only problem with the sprint Pro's? Just RECIEVING MMS? Everything else works.. like SMS, sending MMS etc.? Can the phone still view the recieved MMS on the crappy WM messaging app? If that's the case, and I only need the WM app for viewing MMS, I may still do it. Seven kind of messed up my build though, and I am really not looking forward to another hard reset.. trying to avoid unnecessary apps right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Is that the only problem with the sprint Pro's? Just RECIEVING MMS? Everything else works.. like SMS, sending MMS etc.? Can the phone still view the recieved MMS on the crappy WM messaging app? If that's the case, and I only need the WM app for viewing MMS, I may still do it. Seven kind of messed up my build though, and I am really not looking forward to another hard reset.. trying to avoid unnecessary apps right now
    SMS send/recv works fine. MMS send works too. For MMS receive you get the notification that you've received it, but download fails.

You can't use the crappy WM app for MMS since the Arcsoft version that the TP uses combines SMS and MMS in the same account and that account is overridden by the Palm app. So you are left with viewing MMS on Sprint's picture mail site.