1.    #1  
    Sprite backup keeps giving me the error that it "failed backing up file system". I am using the free version that came with the phone. Anyone else receive this error? Does anyone know what this is from? It gets about half way through backing up the files and then stops saying it has failed and then resets the phone. Then I get a notification saying it has failed. I view the report and there really isn't much useful information. I have tried it a few times and still no luck. The only thing that I installed since it stopped working is skyfire.

Anyone else experience something similar? Any ideas before I restore to a saved point and try to backup again?
    You might want to shoot a question to the folks at Sprite software. They just might have an answer, assuming they don't try and make you buy an upgrade .
  3.    #3  
    Sounds good. I will try and contact them and see what I find out.
  4.    #4  
    I emailed them and it is in cyberspace. On a side note, I uninstalled skyfire to see if that was the problem and it still failed. I am currently trying to restore to an old date and see if I can perform a backup then.
    On the 800W Sprite (free) did not work for me, instead went with SPB Backup. On the Touch Pro though, SPB Backup did not work and I went with the paid release of Sprite.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    On the 800W Sprite (free) did not work for me, instead went with SPB Backup. On the Touch Pro though, SPB Backup did not work and I went with the paid release of Sprite.
    When you say it did not work for you do you mean it just didn't meet your needs or failed when you tried to backup? If it failed, did you have any particular programs installed that you think might be messing it up?
    Failed. Failed even after a hard reset and nothing at all installed. Failed.
  8.    #8  
    Well that's a bummer. I restored to an old point and it looks like it is going to back it up. It is about 90% complete but it is a lot farther than what it was doing so I suspect it will work.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I had this same problem. After a hard reset it worked again, making it moot point. It's weird because I installed all the same apps again and Sprite was still working fine afterwards.

I exchanged emails with the people at Sprite over this as well. They said it was a known issue and they were "working on it." They never got back to me, but they did give me a free copy of the latest version (which works now after the hard reset).
  10.    #10  
    I did the exact same thing last night. Hard reset, installed all of the same programs, and then sprite backup worked again. It kind of sucks but oh well. Maybe I can get a free version like you did. I will just have to wait and see.
    On a related note. If you ever want a program, that rater than restoring a full backup, allows you to reinstall all your software quickly after a hard reset. Try Sashimi.
  12.    #12  
    Sweet. Thanks. I might look into it. It doesn't take me too long to install all of the programs but any increase in productivity is always a plus.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hi guys, I had the same issue with this program, turns out that everytime after I did a cleanup with a program called MemMaid it began to work again. I researched this and found out that the folder "\Application Data\Volatile" was the culprit. That folder is where temp files usually go during unzipping/unraring/ or installign applications. Anyway, after deleting all the things in that folder before a backup i have not gotten that failed message anymore. Don't know if this work for you guys.. but worth a shot.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    Hi guys, I had the same issue with this program, turns out that everytime after I did a cleanup with a program called MemMaid it began to work again. I researched this and found out that the folder "\Application Data\Volatile" was the culprit. That folder is where temp files usually go during unzipping/unraring/ or installign applications. Anyway, after deleting all the things in that folder before a backup i have not gotten that failed message anymore. Don't know if this work for you guys.. but worth a shot.
    Good info. Next time I have a problem I will give that a shot.