1.    #1  
    Hi all...kind of new here... I can't seem to find the answer to my specific question, even with search.

I hear static sometimes during calls. It's a constant, low-level static. It's not a bad connection because I have had the person call me back like 3 times, and/or me call them back 2-3 times and it's always the same. Only I hear it, the other person doesn't. This has happened numerous times, but always at home. I can't remember completely but it's usually not an issue when I'm in other parts of town. What could it be? And more importantly, what can I do about it?

1. I don't use wifi or bluetooth on my treo, so it's not that. I saw some post debating this. I do have a wifi router at home...but if it IS that, then game over, I need a new phone.

2. Has anyone experienced or heard of someone who had a 800w that had this problem with the static, but it was resolved by taking it to a Sprint store and having it serviced under warranty?

Thanks for any advice...
    Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    1. I don't use wifi or bluetooth on my treo, so it's not that. I saw some post debating this. I do have a wifi router at home...but if it IS that, then game over, I need a new phone.
    Unless you've had the 800w for less than 30 days, wouldn't trying a different brand of WiFi router be cheaper than a new phone?
  3.    #3  
    bahhh...i just tried unplugging my router while talking with someone...didn't work.
    I didn't believe this was the cause of interference on our wifi at home, but the spouse insisted it was our wireless house phones. Got rid of them and the problem was gone.