1.    #1  
    I've been searching the forums, the UG, support sites, etc., but can't find this problem anywhere else and it's killing me!!

This morning I switched my phonealarm profile from "home" to "work" (both being the defaults,the program is so new I haven't modified yet). When I did so (and I'm not implying cause and effect, just stating what I was doing), I lost all messaging capabilities.

I cannot access my POP email account, I can't get to text messages or my Exchange Server Outlook. What I mean by this is that the messaging button does nothing, and the "Messaging" icon in my "programs" does nothing. (Interestingly I do see that I have text msgs which have been received via the icon on the TP's screensaver.)

If I go to the AS icon and attempt to do a manual sync it says there's a problem and it can't (and, in fact, the calendar, tasks & contacts are not synching either wirelessly or via cable - tried both).

After removing phonealarm, soft resetting numerous times, etc., I figured I'd just set up my messaging again. I go to the "My Treo" to set up "Email" and after getting the first informational screen for "Email Set up", I do the softkey for "next" and it goes right back to the opening screen for the "My Treo".

I've run out of my (limited) trouble shooting options ... any thoughts? Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    I've been searching the forums, the UG, support sites, etc., but can't find this problem anywhere else and it's killing me!!

This morning I switched my phonealarm profile from "home" to "work" (both being the defaults,the program is so new I haven't modified yet). When I did so (and I'm not implying cause and effect, just stating what I was doing), I lost all messaging capabilities.

I cannot access my POP email account, I can't get to text messages or my Exchange Server Outlook. What I mean by this is that the messaging button does nothing, and the "Messaging" icon in my "programs" does nothing. (Interestingly I do see that I have text msgs which have been received via the icon on the TP's screensaver.)

If I go to the AS icon and attempt to do a manual sync it says there's a problem and it can't (and, in fact, the calendar, tasks & contacts are not synching either wirelessly or via cable - tried both).

After removing phonealarm, soft resetting numerous times, etc., I figured I'd just set up my messaging again. I go to the "My Treo" to set up "Email" and after getting the first informational screen for "Email Set up", I do the softkey for "next" and it goes right back to the opening screen for the "My Treo".

I've run out of my (limited) trouble shooting options ... any thoughts? Thanks!!
    Did you try a hard reset? That may be the only way to get it back. It's less painful if you have a (good) Sprite backup to restore to after the hard reset.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Did you try a hard reset? That may be the only way to get it back. It's less painful if you have a (good) Sprite backup to restore to after the hard reset.
    Well, I was hoping for a magic bullet, but barring that I did a hard reset. I was able to set up the messaging once more. Thanks.
    A stupid question, did you try a soft reset prior to the hard reset? This happened to me once on my 800W and a soft reset took care of it. A hard reset followed by a restore (last one done) has the chance of bringing the problem back.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A stupid question, did you try a soft reset prior to the hard reset? This happened to me once on my 800W and a soft reset took care of it. A hard reset followed by a restore (last one done) has the chance of bringing the problem back.
    Not stupid. Yes, did a bunch of soft resets (each after removing a 3rd party app, just in case one caused it). But didn't help. I will note that in the months I've had WM this is the first hard reset I had to do. I'd heard that the OS was so much more unstable than the Palm OS which I've used for years. But it actually does seem pretty stable.
    I 'm facing the same problem.
    I'm unable to create a new account too.
    I hope someone can pass his experience as I don't want to hard reset my TP
    I gave up on Pocket Outsleep real quick after I went with the 800W and have had no problems with FlexMail.
    This has happened to me 3 times now. My only solution was a hard reset and reinstalling everything... unfortunately... There's another issue which was the little ";" after I input the person I want to send the sms/email to simply disappeared. Not a big problem, but a major hassle when you want to send the message to multiple contacts. Had to do a hard reset on that one too..
    yea, that wud suck