1.    #1  
    I have searched the forums to see if anyone had any gripes or joys from moving from the 755p to the Treo Pro. I am considering the change. I thought of the Pre... but considering that webOS is not a proven platform yet... I hesitate... especially since I would be using it for professional use as well as personal use.

I am not particular to any phone OS's... heck... if anyone suggests another business friendly phones - aside from Blackberry... I would consider it.

Any thoughts on the change from 755p to Pro? Gripes? Joys?

Looking forward to hearing from the sages of the forum!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
    The WM platform provides a fairly complete business environment. You have Word/Excel compatibility with its default applications and with Documents To Go. You have email and bunches of other things.
    I went from the 755p to the Pro. This is my first WM device and I am really enjoying it. I guess is all about personal preference. But one thing that I can say is that I have been able to do things quicker with the Pro right out of the box than with any of the Palm OS phones that I've had in the past.

Takes a bit to get used to it and navigate around. But nothing major.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Apart from OS differences, and there are pluses and minuses to each, you'll probably miss the 755p's keyboard and the nice rubbery feel. On the other hand, you'll enjoy a slimmer, lighter Pro. And, a seidio case will help give it that familiar feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by redline122 View Post
    I have searched the forums to see if anyone had any gripes or joys from moving from the 755p to the Treo Pro. I am considering the change. I thought of the Pre... but considering that webOS is not a proven platform yet... I hesitate... especially since I would be using it for professional use as well as personal use.

I am not particular to any phone OS's... heck... if anyone suggests another business friendly phones - aside from Blackberry... I would consider it.

Any thoughts on the change from 755p to Pro? Gripes? Joys?

Looking forward to hearing from the sages of the forum!
    I went from the 755p to the Sprint Treo Pro. I prefer the WM platform but wanted the ability to use MMS and send messages. The 700w/wx did not allow that at all. The 800w did but you have to download a program from Sprint that wasn't a true MMS program but did allow pictures to be sent. The 800w had a lot of problems which I won't go into here, but it wasn't a reliable phone for me. The 755p was what I was using until the Pro was available. I had issues with the 755p reseting itself every so often. I have used the Palm OS before on PDAs and other phones. But the Treo Pro is doing everything that I need, as well as being a reliable phone. There is a difference between Windows Mobile and the Palm OS, but the learning curve wasn't that steep. One thing I would highly recommend is getting the user guide from Sprint (only available as a download). It is one of the best user manuals I've seen, and has had the answers to almost all of my questions.

Here is a link to the Palm Sprint Treo Pro page where the manual is:

Palm.com : Support: home

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the insight for those of you that replied. Well... I talked to the Sprint rep and I should be getting a Pro by this Thursday. He also hinted that the Pre was around the corner - I tried to pin him down on a date... but he just said in a month or so.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I went from the Treo 755p to the Pro and so far it has been a good experience but I have noticed that I need to reset the phone more then the 755p, not sure if it is an application that I am using or not, but so far, it has been a good change, especially having 3g
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
    I went from the Treo 755p to the Pro and so far it has been a good experience but I have noticed that I need to reset the phone more then the 755p, not sure if it is an application that I am using or not, but so far, it has been a good change, especially having 3g
    Are you implying that you weren't getting 3G performance on the 755p? I thought the 755p was a 3g phone. Clarify, por favor!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The 755p is a Rev 0 phone, not Rev A, hence I never went over 350k download rate. I hit 1m download rate with the Treo Pro
    I went from the 755p to 800w then to Pro so.........

I would NEVER go back to the PalmOS. Nuff' Said!