1.    #1  
    I was looking through some archived threads, trying to decide if I should download another browser or not. I saw a thread titled "Are you REALLY using EvDo Rev A or not?"

I tried using the ##EVDO# code to check mine (internet is plenty fast enough, much better than Centro, I am sure it is on, but I wanted to play and check). It asked for a password I can't seem to find the standard password floating around on the web. Maybe its too early for that. I don't really want to destroy my phone entering all those settings and what not, but double checking the EVDO settings would be nice. Anyone know the code?
    I get the same screen, asking for an unlock code
    It's asking for the msl of the phone. All you have to do is find out your msl and you should be able to enter and edit it.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Find your MSL Code: BAF MSL Grabber | BAF.cc
    I got "There has been an error retrieving your MSL."
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by likearaptor View Post
    I got "There has been an error retrieving your MSL."
    Here you go-- you need to install .NET CF 3.5 (I had to do the same)
    follow this link: Touch Pro Essentials - PPCGeeks

search the page for .NET (less than half way down) and install the cab file, softreset, then try the MSL Grabber again-- Should work fine.
    I had .NET 3.5 already installed. But I redownloaded it and removed what I had and installed the .NET 3.5 from the link you gave me but I still get "There has been an error retrieving your MSL. Get in touch with BAF for more assistance, and to report the issue."
    Make sure to put phone in airplane mode prior to retrieving the MSL using the above referenced program.

In regard to browser, skyfire is fantastic for video! will play Hulu and other other internet tv. It is a proxy based browser so if you subscribe to things like the online mlb package your local game will not likely be blocked out.

For normal browsing, I find Iris to be very good. pages like espn.com it adjusts images on the page to best fit the screen making some images larger or smaller depending and adding pictures ect from the normal page when there are not any on the mobile edition.

Both scream past ie as far as evdo A speed goes. Browsers test out at about 1.5mbps while ie gets about .7 on a great day. Plus they render much much faster.
    Maybe you can help because after entering my MLS number i still am locked out. ( by the way thank you so very muc for the other downloads and help so far though. inspired)
    ##786# is ur friend
    Quote Originally Posted by treocent0 View Post
    ##786# is ur friend
    What does it do?
    TREO 300--->TREO 600--->TREO 650--->TREO 750--->HTC TOUCH PRO--->TREO PRO
    I think to find the MSL unlock code...you can connect your device to QPST program...Once it read your device it display your MSL code or SPL cant remember...but I know its harmless as long as you dont anything weird once you are inside your device....

just food for thought...
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB

Device: Htc/Palm Monk
    Rom: Sprint stock/Flash EEPROM
    EOS: Microsoft WM 6.1 Professional
    EMS: 8GB micro sdhc
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I was looking through some archived threads, trying to decide if I should download another browser or not. I saw a thread titled "Are you REALLY using EvDo Rev A or not?"

I tried using the ##EVDO# code to check mine (internet is plenty fast enough, much better than Centro, I am sure it is on, but I wanted to play and check). It asked for a password I can't seem to find the standard password floating around on the web. Maybe its too early for that. I don't really want to destroy my phone entering all those settings and what not, but double checking the EVDO settings would be nice. Anyone know the code?
    --> Dial Pad
    --> #778##
    --> View
    --> Data Parameters
    --> Rev. A = Enable (meaning it is currently enabled)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter