Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I drive from Atlanta to Niagara Falls and Toronto this past week. I was only on Canada side for 3 days.

Not only was tax high, gasoline is high too and now my extra charges from Sprint below. Parking is high. I got a parking ticket past 8 PM in downtown Toronto. Cheap b*!

Yah, both side of the immigrations gave me hard time! I wonder why ???

International Roaming 35 mins $20.65
    International Text Messages 12 $2.40
    Vision Data Roaming 2032 kb $4.06

Never again. I'll just turn off my phone.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Ouch. Yeah, when I was in Niagara Falls I could get U.S. carrier signal in certain places, but not in Toronto of course. I recall similar charges.
    I'm in Canada some times when texting from there I don't get charged. Now talking on cell phones only in certain spots right along the border is it free of roaming. You sure you got charged for texting in Canada maybe its changed.
    In my GSM Treo Pro I would have just bought a local SIM for that week of vacation. I've done this with my previous Treo 750 when I went to bury my dad in Nicaragua and purchased a local SIM at the airport from MOVISTAR (Spaniard GSM Cellular Company) and paid only like $18 for the SIM and still had like 180mts left after 5 days staying there (text included at no charge).
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I drive from Atlanta to Niagara Falls and Toronto this past week. I was only on Canada side for 3 days.

Not only was tax high, gasoline is high too and now my extra charges from Sprint below. Parking is high. I got a parking ticket past 8 PM in downtown Toronto. Cheap b*!

Yah, both side of the immigrations gave me hard time! I wonder why ???

International Roaming 35 mins $20.65
    International Text Messages 12 $2.40
    Vision Data Roaming 2032 kb $4.06

Never again. I'll just turn off my phone.
    The price we have to pay for socialized medicine
    Sprint used to have a Canada roaming plan add-on that let you roam in Canada for a reduced per minute rate (around 20 cents a minute as I recall). It was $3 a month and you could just add it for the time you would be in Canada then take it off. I assume they still offer something like this. I don't know if this add-on also provides reduced rates for data and texting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Do you, your family, & friends all have adequate/affordable health care and coverage? I hope so. Because there are so many people a paycheck away from being broke and one catastrophic illness away from bankruptcy. The funny thing is that many of them are the ones complaining (against) affordable health care for everyone... DUH! Pundits have fooled many people into arguing against self interest. See the real goal of affordable health care for everyone. The goal is not socialized medicine.
    I have family in Canada and have yet to hear them complain about their health care.
    To stay on subject I have used the sprint $3 a month Canada plan while up there for 6 days & cancelled it upon return. The cost for texting, phone calls, and using phone as a modem (PDANET) was not bad at all.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
    Then why are so many opting to come south of the border for timely medical treatement? We see many at the hospital I work at coming in to get treatment sooner than they can up north. Either that, or they just want to take advantage of our cheap cell rates.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Here is what I found out.

Sign up for $3 and when in Canada you can call to USA for .20 a min. Data is even cheaper. Like $2 per kilobyte.

So I would tether to my laptop and use Skype to call.

Also when in Niagara Falls on CA side, you still have Sprint coverage. Its when you go like 3 miles out thats when you get to do roaming.

You can get your tax back if you are non-CA, but I was too lazy.

Yes tax is high and gasoline is high.

I still think staying in USA is better because of the big market and we can buy cheap electronics here.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4