Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu23 View Post
    just use tcpmp..
    which do i download for the treo pro?
    I like to stream internet radio at night as I fall asleep. What happens consistantly with Kinoma Play is that at night, when i play it out of the STP speaker, the stream will stop running after a period of time. I am not sure how long but guess between 20 to 30 mins. When I look at the phone with Kinoma running it looks as if it is still streaming but there is no sound. If I click any part of the screen, sound then continues. Mind you, but this does not happen when I stream during the day through a bluetooth A2DP head piece or when I plug in an headset. Its as if it resorts to a timer at night. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Is this a setting in Kinoma Play, sprints network, or is there something wrong with my phone & or app?
    I had Kinoma Play on my Treo 800W and did not notice this happening, it streamed all night if necessary.

Thanks... Charles are you listening?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    ...at night, when i play it out of the STP speaker, the stream will stop running after a period of time. I am not sure how long but guess between 20 to 30 mins. [...] I had Kinoma Play on my Treo 800W and did not notice this happening, it streamed all night if necessary.
    If those same streams would play indefinitely on the 800W, that suggests the culprit is the phone.

Can you post a URL that would let me duplicate this on my Treo Pro?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Terry,

Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    ...I dont think you are doing somthing wrong by giving away a free product, but the problem is the free product realy doesnt do much...
    It doesn't sound like you've explored much of it yet. You'd have to duct-tape together a pile of paid and free products to do everything that Kinoma FreePlay does, but FreePlay does it all much better and at a fraction of the memory and storage space.

Plus, it includes Kinoma Guide. There's nothing like it at any price, and there's not even a monthly subscription fee.

...on my Touch when I use TCPMP, and WMP, for videos they studder, or the video stops and the audio keeps going, seams this way on every vid, so my problem is I would never pay for another player unles I knew it would play properly
    If Kinoma FreePlay works for you, then Kinoma Play will as well. If it doesn't, you get free support to help you fix the problem or give you your money back if they can't.

As for Kenoma on my PPC, when I had already paid for it on my POS, I never wanted it free, but I think a discount would be in order.
    If you're looking for deals, you need to subscribe to our blog and/or follow us on Twitter (see my signature).

Just yesterday we announced how you could get Kinoma Play for free with the purchase of Mother's Day flowers. A couple weeks ago we tweeted a secret coupon code that let the first 50 buyers purchase Kinoma Play for a ridiculously-low price.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Can you tell us what the pay version of Kinoma does that Windows Media Player, YouTube app, and FlickR app won't do, other than put it all in one convenient package?
    That's a lot of the value, of course. (You got your peanut butter in my chocolate, etc.)

As I put it in another post, you can duct tape together a bunch of paid and free software and do a lot of what Kinoma Play does. But that experience is pretty horrible, and smug iPhone users will laugh at you.

Instead, we recommend whipping out Kinoma Play when confronted with smug iPhone users. Go to Providers > Forbes.com and play today's headlines. Search Google Images for "iPhone" and click the "+" until it gets boring, then search Kinoma Guide for the same and see all the podcasts it finds. If you have a keyboard, go to My Media > Music > Songs and press a couple keys to filter the results like iTunes does (works great if you have a couple thousands songs). Stream some photos from your home PC via Orb, then upload one of them directly to Flickr...and listen to a SHOUTcast station while you're doing it. Heck, play video you've uploaded to your .Mac iDisk if you've got one.

Do me a favor? Watch these four short videos about Kinoma Play and see they help answer your question. I'd appreciate your opinion.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I've had the full paid version of Kinoma Play since, well, back in the 700p days. I did take advantage back last year to upgrade from the Palm OS version to a WM version.

The only thing I have found Kinoma cannot do is play back MPG video files. Other than that having the guide, full access to shoutcast and Flickr (I use those two all the time) I also like the way you can manage your own media files in the phone. If anything I'd like the option from within Kinoma to set up an image as a Today background (if there is such a capability, where do I find it?)

I remember back in the 700p days, using the free version that came with the phone was OK. Once I upgraded to the full-blown thing, I have never looked back. I highly recommend it.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Terry,

It doesn't sound like you've explored much of it yet. You'd have to duct-tape together a pile of paid and free products to do everything that Kinoma FreePlay does, but FreePlay does it all much better and at a fraction of the memory and storage space.

Plus, it includes Kinoma Guide. There's nothing like it at any price, and there's not even a monthly subscription fee.

If Kinoma FreePlay works for you, then Kinoma Play will as well. If it doesn't, you get free support to help you fix the problem or give you your money back if they can't.

If you're looking for deals, you need to subscribe to our blog and/or follow us on Twitter (see my signature).

Just yesterday we announced how you could get Kinoma Play for free with the purchase of Mother's Day flowers. A couple weeks ago we tweeted a secret coupon code that let the first 50 buyers purchase Kinoma Play for a ridiculously-low price.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Ok not going to go to the trouble to answer back to each of these seperatly.
    I have explored the product, but each time I have tried to go to a radio station that "I" want to listen to is says buy the full version if you want to listen to this (Not in those words but you get the point)

Every time I have tried to watch a video that "I" want to watch it says buy the full version if you want to watch this video.

The list goes on and on, but why would I want to buy the full version jwith out knowing if it will do those things or if it is just hype, as I recall from my Palm OS days I still had to have TCPMP to watch videos, I had to down load a different codec for the last one, but I could and I did.

The last time I tried to get Kenoma on a trial pay deal I ended up with a mail box full of spam for credit cards, still havent got that taken care of, why would I want to go through that again with flowers or what ever!

Terry

Edited to say:

My point is I would be much happier to have been able to download a full functioning trial program that worked for say 30 days, that seams to be the norm, then I could have tried it out on the radio stations I want to listen to, and the videos I want to watch, then I could have known if it was what I wanted, and if it would do what I want it to do, I guess I just don't understand why you would give away a free version that does basicly noting, and expect us to choose from that.
    TM
    Last edited by Tmair; 05/05/2009 at 09:44 PM.
    agreed

FULL FUNCTIONALITY for 30 or 15 days is the only way I would purchase this.

I am not willing to lay down money for a program I can't actually test out on stuff I would use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    If those same streams would play indefinitely on the 800W, that suggests the culprit is the phone.

Can you post a URL that would let me duplicate this on my Treo Pro?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Thanks for the response. I don't think its the phone. I have had my treo pro switched out due to internet explorer problems. I have had a new treo pro for about three weeks and the same thing happens with the new treo pro. Agian the problem seems to only occur in the middle of the night. I mostly listen to Fox news, but it has occured when streaming treocentral podcasts, and other streamed radio stations.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    I wish Kinoma Play (paid) had a timer to turn it off like Pocket Tunes. I like to listen to stuff at night and it streams all night long. Any one know of a work around?
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Thanks for the response. I don't think its the phone. I have had my treo pro switched out due to internet explorer problems. I have had a new treo pro for about three weeks and the same thing happens with the new treo pro. Agian the problem seems to only occur in the middle of the night. I mostly listen to Fox news, but it has occured when streaming treocentral podcasts, and other streamed radio stations.
    I have the free version of Kinoma, with no such problem. But a couple of thoughts come to mind.

1) Is your screensaver on every time you lose signal? As a battery saver, the Pro's default behavior is to shut off wifi if the screensaver comes on -- fixed by using a tool like Advanced Configuration to change the setting. Perhaps there's a similar setting for data streaming that needs to be tweaked?

2) Cellular technology is, pure & simple, radio. Congratulations -- every time you make a call, you've got your own two party talk show! But, seriously, there are a lot of broadcast stations that either go off the air or lower power at night because of potentially interfering with other stations. I don't know that there is a similar issue at the frequencies used for CDMA or GSM cell service. But is it possible that your carrier lowers power at the local tower at night for that or some other reason?

Just a couple of thoughts. I'm not even sure if they apply.
    I agree with the full functioning trial. In this day and age, I rarely will pay for an application without a full test. Can I get refund if I don't like it?
    I've been trying to get this through TrialPay but it wasn't as easy as I thought.

I did the trial of Gamehouse. After not getting an automatic reponse from Trialpay after the expected time I sent them an email with the verification from the Gamehouse email. After waiting 2 days, Trialpay writes back to ask me to send them the email (that I already sent).

I thought Trialpay was supposed to be easy but it looks like you have to jump through hoops. I did my part but still have nothing to show for it.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbro View Post
    I've been trying to get this through TrialPay but it wasn't as easy as I thought.

I did the trial of Gamehouse. After not getting an automatic reponse from Trialpay after the expected time I sent them an email with the verification from the Gamehouse email. After waiting 2 days, Trialpay writes back to ask me to send them the email (that I already sent).

I thought Trialpay was supposed to be easy but it looks like you have to jump through hoops. I did my part but still have nothing to show for it.
    I tried Trialpay, thought I would do a credit card, when I got to the end they wanted some reduculouse fee so I canceled, but I guess not soon enough now the email address that I used is full of spam from credit card co.s, I think the whole thing was a scam to get my email address, I will never try trualpay again.
    Terry
    I loved using Orb on the Freeplay, but now it doesn't seem to work and my phone crashes. I think they removed that functionality to try and get me to buy the full version. I would have shelled out the money, but lately Kinoma has been freezing up on my while playing music at the gym. If the paid version has the same performance/issues as the free version, I can not justify the extra money at this time. If it worked properly, I'd say it's well worth it.
    we will NEVER KNOW because you can't "TEST" the full version.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    And again today I downloaded some tunes, tried to play them on Kinoma Free, it said if you want to listen to this buy the full version, TCPMP played them just fine, and it was free also.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I listen to some streaming stations in MortPlayer, which I would like to listen to in Kinoma Play.
    Is there any way to stream your own channels?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    I listen to some streaming stations in MortPlayer, which I would like to listen to in Kinoma Play.
    Is there any way to stream your own channels?
    what is mort player?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12