1.    #1  
    I'm sorry guys. I am new to WM... extremely new to WM Please try to bear with me as I get myself all setup.

I did a hard reset to try and figure out my WIFI issues. Thought maybe I had changed a setting or something. I backed up to Outlook first (Treo Pro DOES come with a free trial version of outlook, You just need to try to sync for the first time to download it) and did the hard reset. After the phone turned back on, I logged in to windows live, and downloaded my contacts, two email accounts etc. Then I synced to Outlook. Now I have double ALL of my contacts! I went back in to Windows Live and made sure "Merge Duplicate Contacts" was checked, but it is not "merging." I even did a soft reset, nothing Any way to make them merge for now on? I can go through and delete them one by one for now, but any way to NOT have this happen in the future?

edit: You know what, nevermind. I think I will just NOT sync with Outlook all together. Windows Live syncs over the air anyway, so I don't need to worry about where I am if the phone goes down, plus Outlook can't handle my Hotmail/Gmail accounts anyway. Problem solved
    It looks like you're good now.

Sktools has a feature to delete dupe contacts.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It looks like you're good now.

Sktools has a feature to delete dupe contacts.
    Well, not really. I decided to delete all of the Outlook contacts, and keep the Live contacts. I lost a few in the process, but nothing I was heartbroken over. Since windows live sync's over the internet, I don't have to worry about my contacts anymore. I can't sync to my computer though, only the backup program that came with the phone. Not a huge deal I guess, but I would love to know what the difference between the two contacts are, and how to get them to "merge" properly.

Also, if anyone has any advice for syncing to a PC without Outlook, that would be awesome as well. I have daily access to XP, Vista, and Linux if that matters.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    "My Phone" by Microsoft came out recently - there's an app for WM that actually works pretty well (which aren't words I usually use after mentioning Microsoft). here's the link: My Phone

My issue is that I'm a heavy Gmail user and Google voice -- but the Google Sync utility and overall google contact management is not very good. If anyone has any good 3rd party software, let me know.

For the guy above though, I would try My Phone. The syncing is excellent and covers contacts, SMS, Tasks, Calendar, Videos, Music, Documents...
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    "My Phone" by Microsoft came out recently - there's an app for WM that actually works pretty well (which aren't words I usually use after mentioning Microsoft). here's the link: My Phone

My issue is that I'm a heavy Gmail user and Google voice -- but the Google Sync utility and overall google contact management is not very good. If anyone has any good 3rd party software, let me know.

For the guy above though, I would try My Phone. The syncing is excellent and covers contacts, SMS, Tasks, Calendar, Videos, Music, Documents...
    Wait.. I have a response to myself.. if I could only warn my 'past' self of the disaster that was approaching. It turns out that 'My Phone' uploads the contacts and other data pretty well and displays it to you in a reasonable way. But god forbid you have to restore that data to your device... I know that "beta" serves as the disclaimer, but that's a pretty huge part of the functionality to be broken. Now I'm knee deep in google's sync program trying to restore everything.
    I use a Freeware Duplicate remover on my computer. It is perfect. The installer is about 2MB so I put link to it on my site HERE.

Hope it helps.

-D